MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,061 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Our all friend Matrim:

Red Bulls needed a heroic performance from Marc Rzatkowski to take a 3-2 win over a short-handed, visiting Sporting KC team. The big assumption was that the transition from Jesse Marsch to Chris Armas would be seamless, but… no, it really hasn’t been. The Red Bulls, through two games under Armas, are still a pressing team, but it’s neither as high nor as hard, and there’s been more emphasis on using the ball to break teams down.

It cost them the game last week at NYCFC, and it cost them a goal this week against Sporting. And spoiler alert: RBNY aren’t going to get two outside-the-box thunderbolts every week to save the result. (That said, dap to Armas for making much better subs this time).

Couldn't agree more.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Way too early to judge Armas IMHO.

Watching the game from the stands they looked flat as hell from the whistle. It honestly looked like the team had spent all week practicing outside in the heat, then came to play. No pace. No gas in the tank. Lots of boneheaded dangerous passes.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton

Our win and Columbus's loss means we're up into the "potential" CCL qualifying spots.

https://en.wikipedia...aggregate_table

Everyone should be rooting for SKC in the Open Cup!

I wish they had come up with some better way to solve the qualifying dilemma created by the format change, it's kind of galling that this team could win the Supporters Shield and lose MLS cup final and still not be in the next seasons 'Champions League.'

Still, apart from winning MLS Cup, the Shield win would still give us the next best chance.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,779 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Way too early to judge Armas IMHO.

Small sample size, no doubt, but we were unlucky to lose at YS and lucky to win over SKC. 3 points instead of a deserved 2.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Everyone should be rooting for SKC in the Open Cup!

I wish they had come up with some better way to solve the qualifying dilemma created by the format change, it's kind of galling that this team could win the Supporters Shield and lose MLS cup final and still not be in the next seasons 'Champions League.'

Still, apart from winning MLS Cup, the Shield win would still give us the next best chance.

I'm fine with the aggregate table, but a two-leg playoff for that spot would've been fun.

Not sure when it would have been played or the logistics of it, but that's not getting in my way.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users