138 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Muyl and Lade are depth pieces. Very VERY good depth pieces mind you. About as good as you can get in this league. However, there is no way in hell we win CCL with either of those guys on the field. And the point of playing is to win trophies right?

Offseason FAIL.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Muyl and Lade are depth pieces. Very VERY good depth pieces mind you. About as good as you can get in this league. However, there is no way in hell we win CCL with either of those guys on the field. And the point of playing is to win trophies right?

Offseason FAIL.

Said this before. I completely agree. Luckily for us we have a very easy match up in round 1 and should get through easily. I am worried about the potential QF match up against Santos. Hopefully Taxi is good to start, and we will see who starts out of Muyl/Valot/Beze. I don't see Casseres getting minutes in this tournament due to lack of experience.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Offseason FAIL.

Lade is depth, he is just filling in for Kemar who may be healed in time for our 1st CCL game.

Not adding at RW is a fail.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Not adding at RW is a fail.

I'm pretty sure I've said this for the last 3 offseasons. Such a weird organizational blind spot.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm pretty sure I've said this for the last 3 offseasons. Such a weird organizational blind spot.

It was like the weird refusal to have CB depth between Miazga leaving and us signing Parker. Finally plugged that revolving door last season, and boom, best defense in the league. Would love to see what this team would look like with scoring threats on both wings.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Against all rational thinking, but it’s tough to look at the lineup from the PHX friendly and see a mostly unchanged side from last season. We set the record for most points, another SS, but it just reeks of complacency to me. Continuity is great, but it’s not everything. Unfortunately, the only transfer target we have heard about is Jorgensen and it’s hard to be immediately excited about someone with an unproven track record that probably won’t figure into the XI right off the bat. Don’t think we’ll be seeing a winger as we have too many guys who can play there already (Muyl, Royer, Etienne, Valot, Ivan, Epps). Quantity over quality

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
How can the club expect fans to get excited about this competition when Adams departs and the only guy brought in is Epps?

Are the expecting the tactical mastermind of Armas (the same genius who singlehandedly blew the Atlanta series last year with his scared approach in the first leg) to get them over the hump this time?

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Against all rational thinking, but it’s tough to look at the lineup from the PHX friendly and see a mostly unchanged side from last season. We set the record for most points, another SS, but it just reeks of complacency to me. Continuity is great, but it’s not everything. Unfortunately, the only transfer target we have heard about is Jorgensen and it’s hard to be immediately excited about someone with an unproven track record that probably won’t figure into the XI right off the bat. Don’t think we’ll be seeing a winger as we have too many guys who can play there already (Muyl, Royer, Etienne, Valot, Ivan, Epps). Quantity over quality

It's worse than complacency. If anything, we got worse. We lost arguably our best player and we only signed a few depth pieces. We have a worse roster than last year. There is no arguing that.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

How can the club expect fans to get excited about this competition when Adams departs and the only guy brought in is Epps?

Are the expecting the tactical mastermind of Armas (the same genius who singlehandedly blew the Atlanta series last year with his scared approach in the first leg) to get them over the hump this time?

Yes

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It's worse than complacency. If anything, we got worse. We lost arguably our best player and we only signed a few depth pieces. We have a worse roster than last year. There is no arguing that.

Its bad, but it's not that bad.   Rza is almost almost, if not,  a 1 for 1 replacement for Adams, and we have good depth behind him.    If this Jorgensen kid is anything like he's being made out to be, we FINALLY have an option behind/ next to BWP.   Getting Valot, Duncan and Taxi back healthy are upgrades to what we had in the playoffs... upgrades that could very easily have proved the difference.   Yes, we absolutely should have added someone in Muyl's spot, but Valot was starting ahead of Muyl before he got hurt.     

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Its bad, but it's not that bad.   Rza is almost almost, if not,  a 1 for 1 replacement for Adams, and we have good depth behind him.    If this Jorgensen kid is anything like he's being made out to be, we FINALLY have an option behind/ next to BWP.   Getting Valot, Duncan an Taxi back healthy are upgrades to what we had in the playoffs... upgrades that could very easily have proved the difference.   Yes, we absolutely should have added someone in Muyl's spot, but Valot was starting ahead of Muyl before he got hurt.     

RZA isn't a replacement for anybody though. He was on the team last year. And injuries always happen. We cant just assume everyone will be healthy this year

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

RZA isn't a replacement for anybody though. He was on the team last year. And injuries always happen. We cant just assume everyone will be healthy this year

He's a replacement for Adams.  Adams left, and he will replace him.  And Casseres is a replacement for Rza.   I agree about the injuries,  but if you look at he roster for the playoffs, and look at the roster now, it is very arguable that we are meaningfully worse... and with Jorgensen, we may even be a little better.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

He's a replacement for Adams.  Adams left, and he will replace him.  And Casseres is a replacement for Rza.   I agree about the injuries,  but if you look at he roster for the playoffs, and look at the roster now, it is very arguable that we are meaningfully worse... and with Jorgensen, we may even be a little better.

Whether Rza will pick up where Adams left off...that is a big ask and too early to tell if he can.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

team prob would've lifted up at least 2 trophies last season. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Everyone loves to rip apart Muyl until he scores and has an assist in a big game.

I dont get why he gets so much hate. Hes a good player. I dont mind when he starts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users