#16 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:14 PM

My favorite wrestlemania match had to be Rock v Hollywood Hogan. Toronto's crowd and an incredible match made it the legend that it is today

#17 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:40 PM

This thread should be in heckling not the sports forum.

just sayin'.

Or the LA Playskool Squad forum.

EDIT: BillyB is coming to get the posters in this thread...
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#18 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

people still watch??

i grow up watching wwf and then wwe. i attended wrestlemania 16 at the pond. it was still awesome. i attended wrestlemania 21 and it was teh suck. friend had an extra ticket so i went, but i'd been out of the loop on the happenings. i no longer follow.

close this thread
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#19 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

Cena got ripped off tonight!!

Anybody think Orton is gay? He's got potential.

Is Rey Mysterio really Antonio Villaraigosa? Listen to his voice.

Lillian Garcia needs a spankin'.

I was going to start a WWE thread a while back. I've had to watch it at work since my company started doing the HD feeds for it. I can't believe they make so much money for this stuff. But then I like soccer and hockey so what do I know?

But Lillian Garcia really does need a spankin'.

#20 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:25 AM

people still watch??

i grow up watching wwf and then wwe. i attended wrestlemania 16 at the pond. it was still awesome. i attended wrestlemania 21 and it was teh suck. friend had an extra ticket so i went, but i'd been out of the loop on the happenings. i no longer follow.

close this thread

OC>LA

#21 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:14 AM

OC>LA

Kings fan...Lakers fan...Galaxy fan.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#22 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:23 AM

i was at wrestlemania 9 at caesar's palace. people lost their shit when undertaker came back out after el gigante razzied him to sleep, and hogan coming out to take after yokozuna banzai'd bret hart. But not as much as when bobby heenan came out riding a mini-horse backwards..

#23 galaxyforever13

galaxyforever13

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:LA GALAXY<br />LA LAKERS<br />UCLA BRUINS<br />LONG BEACH STATE 49ERS<br />MAN CITY
  • Supports:LA GALAXY, Man City, USMNT

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

Cena got ripped off tonight!!

Anybody think Orton is gay? He's got potential.

Is Rey Mysterio really Antonio Villaraigosa? Listen to his voice.

Lillian Garcia needs a spankin'.

Orton definitely is a homo.
Antonio isnt man enough to be Mysterio though.

anybody else think Jeff hardy's abvility to talk trash or give a decent monologue is seriously lacking???
"If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing."---Charles Barkley

#24 galaxyforever13

galaxyforever13

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:LA GALAXY<br />LA LAKERS<br />UCLA BRUINS<br />LONG BEACH STATE 49ERS<br />MAN CITY

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

close this thread

here's an idea...never read from this thread if u don't like it. let me guess, you enjoy burning books as well?
"If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing."---Charles Barkley

#25 Eric B

Eric B

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

anybody else think Jeff hardy's abvility to talk trash or give a decent monologue is seriously lacking???

I'm not suprised, there are very few who can both carry a match AND do excellent mike work, and IIRC Hardy was good at the former. It seems in this day in age the opposite is what makes you a star (see Cena, John) but I guess Chris Jericho, who has both skills, has gotten a pretty good push in his Titan Sports career...

#26 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

It's the reason the WWE has floundered post 2003. They've seriously lacked a "The Rock", Stone Cold, or Shawn Michaels type character to lead the brand. Triple H is the last great villain the WWF has...and he's a face now.

The Rock truly pulled off the persona of a man who believed "The Rock" was the best, and all who stood in his way would be destroyed. But most importantly, The Rock would then go out to the ring and put on an amazing performance for the crowd. John Cena can cut a half-decent promo but his technical "wrestling" ability so so terrible that even as the face of the WWE and the supposed "New Rock" he was booed in every city. Even people who realize that wrestling is fake still wants to see a good show...and John Cena has no more than 3 moves that all appear to be modifications of football moves...and then an extremely lazy STF.
Rand Orton is the exact opposite, on the mic he's a functioning retard but he has the physical ability to perform in the ring with some of the best of them.

The days of the Promo cutting/prime wrestler is gone
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#27 galaxyforever13

galaxyforever13

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

Quite a dilemma for Vince and Shane-O-Mac.

We need to buy back some of the TNA guys. I know some of those older guys left to spend more time at home because the WWE guys work so much, Vince should allow part time guys or something.

#28 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

I was shocked Vinnie Mac, or even Shane-o for that matter never went after the Phenomenal AJ Styles a few years back when he was really at his peak.
But even if they did I can understand why he wouldn't go. WWE signed the Alpha Male Monty Brown from TNA...they sent him to the wrestling wasteland that is their Bullshit ECW brand, fully equipped with toy belt, and he was released in 2007.

Went from a major name in TNA to...sitting on that couch at home for 2 years.

Edit: Was I the only one who didn't know that "Test" has died?

#29 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

Test died? Wtf

I used to have a coworker that would keep me up to date on wrestling news, but he quit like a year ago, so I've been out of the loop since.

Another favorite Wrestlemania match was the Mickey James v. Trish Stratus where the entire Chicago crowd was rooting for heels all night. Awesome

#30 FuzzBall

FuzzBall

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:Football, Fútbol, Fußball, De voetbal, Futebol, フットボール
  • Supports:LA G's, Chelsea F.C.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

i used to watch this all the time. i stopped a few years after high school. my brother would keep me in the loop. the last event i went to was wrestlemania at the pond when it was batista vs triple h.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users