5 replies to this topic

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC

The biggest problem with Ali is that he is an ass clown. The 300 page book, the way he talks. People wouldn't be hating on him as much if he didn't come across like this. He did it to himself though and while I love this club and want them to win, seeing him fail and eventually fired is something I want to see as well. Doesn't look like we have to worry about winning though.

People hated him before all this talk, they hate primarily because he followed Austria's orders and fired Petke. Just adds more fuel to this. If he didn't fire Petke, people wouldn't be making such a big deal over his language.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Wow.  Any comment about our esteemed and successful fan-favorite former coach to be consigned to the DH subforum?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
The hatred for Ali C. has got to be about Petke. If Mike was still the coach and we were where are now I think more people than not would have a favorable opinion of Curtis and what he's done with a limited budget.
But fire the most popular coach in team history and people aren't going to accept excuses for not being better than last year.

JerseyFan

JerseyFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA

The hatred for Ali C. has got to be about Petke. If Mike was still the coach and we were where are now I think more people than not would have a favorable opinion of Curtis and what he's done with a limited budget.
But fire the most popular successful coach in team history and people aren't going to accept excuses for not being better than last year.

Fixed.

AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING

Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

Second Banana

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I don't understand why this is still being discussed, but let me break it down for the folks that remain confused:

-We don't hate Ali the person, we hate Red Bull.

-Ali willingly took the job to be Red Bull's New York-based hatchet man.

-We heap scorn on Ali because neither Mateschitz nor his toady Mintzlaff are present for us to heap scorn upon.

"On the wall behind my desk is the greatest symbol of American power ever -- no, not Jeff Agoos..." -Michael Davies

Steve Jolley......noted philanthropist
Steve Jolley......guarantor of victory
Steve Jolley......temporary forward
Steve Jolley......thirty second substitute
Steve Jolley......Vanity Fair's most wanted man

Steve Jolley......300-page plan consultant

Steve Jolley......live podcast color commentator
Steve Jolley......everyman
Steve Jolley......bleeder
Steve Jolley......HERO.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

I don't understand why this is still being discussed, but let me break it down for the folks that remain confused:

-We don't hate Ali the person, we hate Red Bull.

-Ali willingly took the job to be Red Bull's New York-based hatchet man.

-We heap scorn on Ali because neither Mateschitz nor his toady Mintzlaff are present for us to heap scorn upon.

No we pretty much hate Ali. Sorry.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users