29 replies to this topic

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

RB,LB,RW,LW.
Ideal candidate for the way we play with our wingbacks.

Thanks, never saw him play

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm pretty surprised by how many people are prepared to casually jettisoning Murillo. Olosunde is extremely intriguing and Duncan has played very well in three games, but Murillo might be the best right back in MLS. They should only sell Murillo if he forces their hand or if they get an offer that is clearly worth it. 

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

I'm pretty surprised by how many people are prepared to casually jettisoning Murillo. Olosunde is extremely intriguing and Duncan has played very well in three games, but Murillo might be the best right back in MLS. They should only sell Murillo if he forces their hand or if they get an offer that is clearly worth it. 

Murillo is still on loan to us, no? If his parent team wants to sell him, they will. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

I'm all for adding, not subtracting, but welcome to life in a feeder league. There are two parties in these things, the club AND the player. When they desire to take the next step you are better to get something for it than lose him on a free. I doubt RBNY wants to lose him or Kemar, but we will always have this problem, especially now that we are being recognized as the Ajax of MLS (from a young player development perspective, haha, they've won their league a few more times than we have).

PS: Do you think Huracan wanted to lose Kaku to us? No, they did it because they needed the $ and it was inevitable he would go anyways

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Murillo is still on loan to us, no? If his parent team wants to sell him, they will. 

https://www.mlssocce...el-amir-murillo

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I'm all for adding, not subtracting, but welcome to life in a feeder league. There are two parties in these things, the club AND the player. When they desire to take the next step you are better to get something for it than lose him on a free. I doubt RBNY wants to lose him or Kemar, but we will always have this problem, especially now that we are being recognized as the Ajax of MLS (from a young player development perspective, haha, they've won their league a few more times than we have).

PS: Do you think Huracan wanted to lose Kaku to us? No, they did it because they needed the $ and it was inevitable he would go anyways

No, I get it. Like I said, if they get a great offer or their hand is forced, then yeah. Sell him. It's probably a matter of when, not if, that happens. I'm simply pointing out that some people seem to be happy to proactively move Murillo. We're keeping Adams either until we get an offer that makes it worth it or he himself pushes for a move. Shouldn't be any different with Murillo, is merely my point.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

No, I get it. Like I said, if they get a great offer or their hand is forced, then yeah. Sell him. It's probably a matter of when, not if, that happens. I'm simply pointing out that some people seem to be happy to proactively move Murillo. We're keeping Adams either until we get an offer that makes it worth it or he himself pushes for a move. Shouldn't be any different with Murillo, is merely my point.

Agreed.  I am glad though, that the team is being proactive with replacing the guys that are likely to move on.  I'd like to keep Murillo and Duncan, but if Murillo goes it easier to take knowing we have Duncan.  And, it would be even easier if we sign Olosunde.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

bringing in Olosunde now on loan just makes things easier, since dating back to 2015, we've always seemed understaffed in defense. now we're stockpiling talent like a college football team. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Murillo has been great and is better then Duncan going forward.  Not looking to jettison him easily or cheaply.  Nice to have starter level backups. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Murillo is a very good player and a stud going forward but I don't think he's great defensively. 

Have no problem with Duncan taking over for Murillo.  Murillo is the perfect type of player to sell.  Could bring us back a decent amount of money and plays a replacable position.  NOt a part of our core like Adams either.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

we are eerily thin at outside back at the moment with both Duncan out indefinitely and Lade out. Who are the back ups, besides making Muyl into Zizzo 2.0? They're not gonna sign Kutler or DeVera from RB2, right? I mean, a sensible answer would be to move Tyler to RB for the interim. Doesn't seem that's on the table...even though it should, imo. 

prosoccerusa says that the team has some central america and oceania targets they are looking at to play wing back.  But all of those are international, so the lawyers have to get to work on those Green cards then.  Also mentioned the Olosunde possibility which we all previously heard about.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Oceania???

Andrew Boyens' long lost brother?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Oceania???

Hey he was on a team that went to the World Cup and didn't lose a match!!! Of course he didn't see a single second of action but stil...
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Oceania???

"Wait, wait, wait, you are telling me Gary Cahill IS NOT Tim's brother?
That's fine, we will just take this guy then":
https://en.m.wikiped...ill?wprov=sfla1
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Thought it was David Carney's 2nd cousin, three times removed. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users