rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

15 days away; reminder no away goals

Well get a better picture in the next few preseason matches but pointless speculation is what the internet is for!!

BWP

Royer - Kaku - Muyl

Davis - Rza

Lade - Long - Parker - Murillo

Robles

This was the Starting XI against PHX Rising. I think this is what we see in Leg 1.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

This was the Starting XI against PHX Rising. I think this is what we see in Leg 1.

Kemar was a sub so he is close to returning. The rest you are probably correct on. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I hope we bring the heat for the away leg and have a good enough lead that we can play a couple of the new guys in the home leg.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Anyone know what channel this is on?

I know it's, like, a week away. But the thought just occurred to me.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

pretty sure it's univision deportes

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Anyone know what channel this is on?

I know it's, like, a week away. But the thought just occurred to me.

I had read that it would be streamed in English on Yahoo Sports, but I can't verify that in their app.

Found a source saying that it will be though: https://www.newyorkr...-16-matchup-set

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

I could've just waited 30 minutes...

https://twitter.com/...078002578997250

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Does anybody know if Chromecast is available on the Yahoo Sports App so I can Chromecast the match to my television set from my phone.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Does anybody know if Chromecast is available on the Yahoo Sports App so I can Chromecast the match to my television set from my phone.

Explicitly no. When I downloaded the app earlier, it had the cast icon with a big red no circle around it. Mobile devices only.

The press release above references yahoosports.com, so you might at least be able to get it on your computer.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I guess it will work on gaming system web browsers.

But big fail not having it on regular TV or on a network that has an app set up for Apple TV, Roku, Fire stick, Chromecast and all the other streaming devices.

This competition will not grow if it's only available on stuff like Yahoo Sports. People don't want to watch games on their phones on computers, put it on a TV like everything else.

CrazyG

CrazyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Interests:Soccer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls / NY Red Bulls II

I Specifically got Fubo just for this reason...UDN and MSG both on Fubo!

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I guess it will work on gaming system web browsers.

But big fail not having it on regular TV or on a network that has an app set up for Apple TV, Roku, Fire stick, Chromecast and all the other streaming devices.

This competition will not grow if it's only available on stuff like Yahoo Sports. People don't want to watch games on their phones on computers, put it on a TV like everything else.

it's on univision deportes.  and if you don't understand spanish you can hit the SAP button or just mute it.

Edit - apparently they are showing another CCL game at 10pm, and they are showing a Liga MX Cup game at 8...so no go on univision. Yahoo it is! :unsure:

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

I used Yahoo to follow along with some Giants games this season -- I just kept my phone propped up on a table while doing other things. Like Go90 last year, it's a pretty good service. But, yeah, not having an easy way to get it on a TV sucks.

Having niche events like this is how streaming services are going to build out a following. It's why ESPN is going after mid-major college basketball, rugby and cricket to fill out its ESPN+ line-up. I imagine Yahoo (or is it Oath now?) was willing to pay up the way traditional TV networks weren't, if any traditional TV networks bid at all.

The real money in this competition is the after the first round, when MLS teams start playing Liga MX teams. And then, it's probably only the semis and finals.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Not ideal but being able to watch it would just require getting a $2 HDMI cable and connecting a PC to the TV. We've been through worse.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

...I imagine Yahoo (or is it Oath now?)

Oath is now Verizon Media Group.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic