27 replies to this topic

CBU Buc

CBU Buc

#1 Corporate Shill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, METRO Reds

Is there any interest out there in carrying on the legacy of the MetroStars and starting a new team in the Garden State Soccer League called FC Metro?

Startup costs are very inexpensive, I'm sure we could host a large try-out and put together a decent team.

We'd start out in the lower division and push for promotion each year.  With some hard work and luck, we could play in the "Champions League" where the old Metros Reserves once played, or even the PDL, with some funding, down the line....

I have a web designer and ex-professional (Guarani, from the Brazilian first division) coach with NCAA coaching experience waiting in the wings. I also have someone who can design a logo.

Let me know if there is anyone interested in helping to put together something like this...

If you're interested, email FCMETRO7@yahoo.com with ideas or how you'd like to help.  Or discuss in this forum...

Great idea! I hear there is this local kid named MoSeS who has great soccer skills, he is athletic, handsom and a VERY good-looking guy who all the girls fall for. He is not cockey, arrogant, or full of himself, or selfish. He is a nice guy. ;)

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,036 posts

We are still talking about the garden state soccer league right? Do people other than girlfriends/wives/kids ever go to these games?

I mean we are talking about guys that played some in hs and/or college who have now moved on in their lives and do this for fun on 90 minutes on the weekends.

Don't go down that path...it leads to Bellevue.

The idea of forming a soccer team for the sole purpose of maintaining a name is getting a little weird. Next we'll have Mathis impersonators.

CBU Buc

CBU Buc

#1 Corporate Shill

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, METRO Reds
What is wrong with impersonators?
Posted Image

KSnake

KSnake

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Supports:Milwaukee Rampage
Clint has been impersonating himself the last four years ...

nando

nando

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Supports:portland timbers
brilliant idea!

this could start a new trend, set up a paypal account to take donations from all real fans whom are opposed to modern football

PM and i will do my best to help

Metro1026

Metro1026

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

We are still talking about the garden state soccer league right? Do people other than girlfriends/wives/kids ever go to these games?

I mean we are talking about guys that played some in hs and/or college who have now moved on in their lives and do this for fun on 90 minutes on the weekends.

No, we are not talking about the GSSL any longer....a couple steps above perhaps.

Lchino84

Lchino84

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
i have a 19 year old brother that is very good. currently plays in an adult league in my town. if you interested just reply..

Dubya2

Dubya2

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I'd check out the team on the web, and I'd try to go to some games.

Metro1026

Metro1026

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York
If this idea materializes into something, the team will be playing at a high level and will be well funded by sponsors. Talks are ongoing with several interested parties.

Also, AFC Metro will be the name.

I registered afcMetro.com today.

That's all I'll say for now.

JonnyG

JonnyG

Now with a blog!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts
  • Supports:USA, RBNY
Update?

If you really want this team to win games, you're gonna need me and my skills... ;) :D :ph34r:

JHJG

MetroRed

MetroRed

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
I'd support that !

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

Great idea! I hear there is this local kid named MoSeS who has great soccer skills, he is athletic, handsom and a VERY good-looking guy who all the girls fall for. He is not cockey, arrogant, or full of himself, or selfish. He is a nice guy. ;)

Sign him up. From what people say he plays like Guevara, SGR, and Razov. Who wouldn't want to build their team around a player who bitches at the refs, can't finish worth a damn, and disappears during big games. If the jerseys have collars for popping this sounds like a match made in heaven.
When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

IamMetro

IamMetro

The Alpha and Omega

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Real Madrid CF, USMNT

Sign him up. From what people say he plays like Guevara, SGR, and Razov. Who wouldn't want to build their team around a player who bitches at the refs, can't finish worth a damn, and disappears during big games. If the jerseys have collars for popping this sounds like a match made in heaven.

Posted Image
Jonny G/MoSeS- "As "MetroFanatic" has said, this message board system is for mature conversation. If you have nothing to say, then don't say anything."
Jonny G/MoSeS- "I never wrote that! This is plagiarism (Sp?)."

"When the seagulls... follow the trawler... it's because they think... sardines will be thrown... into the sea". - Éric Cantona

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users