• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#61 Saturdays_Hero

Saturdays_Hero

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:Beer!!(underline twice), futbol, guitar, punk rock, oi, first wave ska, thrash metal, plundering, raping and pillaging amongs many other interests.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy&El Salvador National Team

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:11 PM

pavon is one of my all time favorite forwards. he totally let me down. oh yea, my favorite pint glass broke not 30 seconds before the first chivas goal. coincidence? i think not. it was going to be that kind of night

#62 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:12 PM

especially Calvin with him

Who's calvin?

Now I want to know what the hell was Alexi thinking in dumping Irish to make space to sign pavon? I could give a shit about some 35 year old Turkey who couldnt header a ball if his life was on the line. Hell, Jaqua could header better than that. Oh nate, there's a saying

"You don't know what you have until it's gone"

We miss you......ok well not that much

#63 WTF!!?

WTF!!?

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Supports:ITFC-LAG

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:13 PM

I Twittered (is that a word?) some thoughts during the second half.

http://twitter.com/ericpz

It was never going to be tonight.
I Ramble and Twitter and waste a lot of time on Facebook.

"Beckham is as much committed to the Galaxy as Amy Winehouse is committed to staying sober."
-- Gunner

"Becks is Anna Kournikova in a jockstrap."
--Ian O'Connor in the Hackensack (NJ) Record

#64 Dr1015BoB

Dr1015BoB

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Beer, astronomy, beer, soccer, beer, Kubrick, beer, Beatles, beer.
  • Supports:Galaxy, Alianza FC

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:13 PM

why did landon start the game playing as a holding midfielder? why wasn't troy roberts subbed out? where was cobi? why did the galaxy give up so much of the midfield all game long?

i'm done. fire yallop.
When Humphrey Bogart was asked if he had ever went on the wagon he replied, ?Just once. It was the most miserable afternoon of my life.?

I even heard that the demon living here in Rashomon fled in fear of the ferocity of man

#65 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

Gavin sucked ass too tonight. He gets my "Goat" of the game award

Boy I need a cig..

#66 S.Bones

S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:16 PM

Completely deserved result.

Chivas played in a style and with a class that exposed every one of our weaknesses.

It's too soon to tell with Pavon - he's had maybe five real touches in five matches and strikers need time on the ball.

You just can't play with the touch of a rapist against a team like that, and they need to learn the difference between being a quick, counter-attacking team and just whacking ridiculously hopeful balls forward.

#67 L.A. Brigade

L.A. Brigade

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Boca Jrs, Man City, Celtic

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:17 PM

This game is worthless. Xavier should have stopped that second goal. No ifs ands or buts about it. Pavon is worthless. Id rather have Irish over this old hag. They better not play this crappy against Dallas or Toronto when Goldenballs plays.

Sorry son, Harden got beat...again. If it wasn't for Xavier this would have been 5-1.

After this game Yallop has officially begun to fill out his own pink slip. WTF was up with this line-up?

Pavon has easily been the biggest disappointment and why is Va-gee-nas still on the payroll?

Herculez is gone...Irish is gone...Glinton is still here?

#68 WTF!!?

WTF!!?

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Supports:ITFC-LAG

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

Completely deserved result.

I dunno...I think the score flattered LA.
I Ramble and Twitter and waste a lot of time on Facebook.

"Beckham is as much committed to the Galaxy as Amy Winehouse is committed to staying sober."
-- Gunner

"Becks is Anna Kournikova in a jockstrap."
--Ian O'Connor in the Hackensack (NJ) Record

#69 Saturdays_Hero

Saturdays_Hero

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:Beer!!(underline twice), futbol, guitar, punk rock, oi, first wave ska, thrash metal, plundering, raping and pillaging amongs many other interests.

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:19 PM

It's too soon to tell with Pavon - he's had maybe five real touches in five matches and strikers need time on the ball.

well whose going to feed him? its not like Klein is shining brightly

#70 L.A. Brigade

L.A. Brigade

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Boca Jrs, Man City, Celtic

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:20 PM

well whose going to feed him? its not like Klein is shining brightly

Totally agree. I hope he's gone at the end of the season.

#71 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:21 PM

Gordon may not hustle as much as Pavon does, but then again 90% of the time when Pavon is hustling, he's not actually getting anything done. He's just the coach's pet, because the coach loves to see a forward that runs around like an idiot. However, Pavon for Vagenas would've been a better option, at least we know Gordon can score, can't say the same about Pavon. I've seen him sky those even at practice... actually, practice included, I don't think I've ever seen a ball from Pavon hit the back of the net.

Fuckin' a.

#72 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:22 PM

Evidently it's just asking too much for these Gs to play 3 games in a row like they mean it.

This was a good example why the crappiness of this season can't be blamed entirely on Lalas: Did Yallop draw his lineup and subs out of a hat? I'd ask where the fuck Cobbi was, but a whole lot of people already have. I definitely have a hard time believing Buddle is our fourth best striker.

As for Lalas, though, why is our midfield still shitty? Oh yeah, the guy who was supposed to fix that has only played 13 minutes so far.

In short, the fucking up of this season is too extensive to be put on any one person.

On the plus side, Pachuca and F Dallas tied 1-1, so we're still second place in the group: We need to win, or tie and hope Pachuca doesn't beat the goats, in order to advance.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#73 Saturdays_Hero

Saturdays_Hero

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:25 PM

Gordon may not hustle as much as Pavon does, but then again 90% of the time when Pavon is hustling, he's not actually getting anything done. He's just the coach's pet, because the coach loves to see a forward that runs around like an idiot. However, Pavon for Vagenas would've been a better option, at least we know Gordon can score, can't say the same about Pavon. I've seen him sky those even at practice... actually, practice included, I don't think I've ever seen a ball from Pavon hit the back of the net.

Fuckin' a.

i disagree. i love pavon. ive seen many goals hes scored on my beloved national team. tonight was the second time ive seen him in an absolute scoring postition while in a galaxy uniform. he needs someone to feed him balls. landons corners suck and our wingers arent doing well at all. so who do we ook to?

#74 The Manwich

The Manwich

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts
  • Interests:Live Slow, Die Whenever
  • Supports:Slap & Pickle FC

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:53 PM

Cobi?

Roberts reminds me of Ricky Lewis, I hope we see him partying in Whittier soon.

I still don't know why Pete is on the team. Let's just waive him already.

I hate Matteo Meza.

#75 We Need Ngwenya

We Need Ngwenya

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, LARS, US Nats

Posted 28 July 2007 - 11:56 PM

You find the team dumb enough and its done. Who's going to want a 34-35 who's not named beckham and has maybe a handful of mls goals?

o good one Frank. Buddle is not a 90min sub

What?

Chivas could have easily had a third goal...that one that their guy whiffed was sad...a real Nate Jaqua moment..

landons corners suck and our wingers arent doing well at all. so who do we look to?

As much as I hoped it would not come down to this, Beckham when he fully recovers. His corner during the Chelsea game was pretty weak, but he was planting on his injured foot...We all have seen what he can do with a set piece...

LD only powers the ball into the area, leaving the ball short, or skyrocketing into the city streets of Carson.
"I love Chris Klein...he's going to Heaven" - ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users