iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

https://twitter.com/...4518088704?s=21

A source has told me that #RBNY are shopping CB Tim Parker and that #LAFC and #LAGalaxy are in the mix for his services. Both teams need a CB.

No idea how reliable Will Forbes is but if there is one player on our roster who is arguably expendable with decent trade value it's Parker. I don't see any strikers on LA's roster worth pursuing and the only guy on LAFC I'd even consider is... well, you know...

If it happens it'll probably be for a bag of MLS funny money.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Why? Nealis and Tarek are not long term options. Unless we get a player in this trade, its another terrible trade. No more Garber bucks!

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Why? Nealis and Tarek are not long term options. Unless we get a player in this trade, its another terrible trade. No more Garber bucks!

Parker's stock has to be slowly on the decline after a subpar 2019 and really subpar start to 2020. Maybe they figure they cash in before other teams catch on?

Couldn't even begin to guess what they expect to get in return though.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

There's a whole world out there with players who can be acquired. 

And I disagree that Nealis can't be a long-term option. I wouldn't put all my eggs in his basket, but he showed flashes last year and has played very well the last few games.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i wouldn't mind Blessing for Parker straight up. Dude can ball.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Tweet has been deleted?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

I don't trust this FO to get another CB who can come in and be at Parker's level right away.

Could maybe be worth it if we could get someone to improve the offense.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Tweet has been deleted?

Sure looks like it, guess that answers my question about how reliable Will Forbes is

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If they are shopping him, its just for a salary dump.    Like Sacha, just getting someone to take his contract will be a challenge.    IF this is real, you would have to hope they some youngster from outside our domestic system lined up.     Nealis seems to have improved, but we need more depth, especially  if we are going to continue with the 3 CB formation.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Hes been on the decline but you cant move him unless you have another reliable option...which we dont.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Hes been on the decline but you cant move him unless you have another reliable option...which we dont.

If you're concerned about this season, it would be a bad move without an equal player in return.  But Thelwell may have a player or two in mind for CB for next season and need the funny money to pay for them.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Parker, on a good day, is one of the best central defenders in MLS. There is no reason to give up on good players for a pie-in-the-sky. The question that should be answered, why have his good days dwindled since 2018?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Looks like it was bullshit. Way I look at it though is if you can get similar performances from Nealis, which remains to be seen, for a fraction of the cost and that savings is actually used on the roster go ahead and do it.

Parker is paid like one of the best CBs in the league, but not sure weve seen anything more than average CB play from him since then.

Going back to a style of play that allows him to play more of that enforcer role would help, anything that emphasizes playing the ball with his feet is bad, because Nealis might already be better in that aspect.

All depends on if Long is still here and is here long term, if Long is sold, hold on to Parker. You could probably get away with moving Parker as long as Long is anchoring the back line for the considerable future.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
If RedBull are trying to maximize on Parkers value, then they should try to actually maximize and not get Garber bucks. Hold LAFC or LA at ransom and get a player that can help the Team. It is starting to get tiresome that all this Team collects are Garber bucks that they never use.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

If RedBull are trying to maximize on Parkers value, then they should try to actually maximize and not get Garber bucks. Hold LAFC or LA at ransom and get a player that can help the Team. It is starting to get tiresome that all this Team collects are Garber bucks that they never use.

I know it's a slightly foreign concept for our franchise, but if the Parker rumours are true, LAFC and LA are obviously trying to win now, so it's unlikely they'll be happy to part with anyone that is a productive contributor for them.

In any case, trusting Thelwell will be getting the most value out of potential trades and has a sound plan in mind if something does happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users