388 replies to this topic

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

If you want to feel better about the overall direction of the club, stay tuned for Knicks Report!

RED. BULL. OUT.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Barlow hits a shot straight at the keeper, then our last two crosses sail harmlessly out of bounds. Fitting end of the season.

This. He shot the ball right at the keeper.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,803 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Hero of the Year: ???
Bum of the Year: Denis "there is no offseason"/ does not a single thing to improve the team Hamlett.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
No one was a hero this year

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,817 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Game could not have been a better illustration of the positional drop off we had losing Murillo, Taxi, and BDubs.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Bum of the Year: Denis "there is no offseason"/ does not a single thing to improve the team Hamlett.

Hamlett is bum, you got that right.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Also broke that streak of getting eliminated by a different team every playoffs since 2010.

2019 - Philadelphia
2018 - Atlanta
2017 - Toronto
2016 - Montreal
2015 - Columbus
2014 - New England
2013 - Houston
2012 - D.C.
2011 - Los Angeles Galaxy
2010 - San Jose

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Which is why you don't use a brand new midfield formation in an elimination game... disappointingly arrogant decision by Struber. Brings back memories of Armas totally changing our style of play against Atlanta in '18.

Big difference being we ended the regular season with the highest point total ever in 2018 and we finished the regular season in 2020 in sixth...

But yea, I agree, today's game was probably not the right time or place for a new formation.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts
Agreed on not being crazy about the formation change.

What happened with Valot on that second goal? He was in fine position to make a play on the ball and just completely blew his tackle. That was awful.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Pendant is sooooo weak, how did our scouting system go from taxi to him and be like yeah this is our guy.

How much did we really scout Taxi?  DC passed on him and we signed him after a trial.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,664 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Jorgensen (14gp) played in more games than two of the three guys you mentioned: Khano Smith (9), Dom Oduro (5)

Fair enough. I am actually shocked Jorgensen has made that many appearances because it feels like he made way less. Ironically Oduro ended up becoming a useful MLS player elsewhere but Kahno Smith never stopped being a black hole of suck. But as bad as Jorgy sucks his suckage didn't damage the team as bad as Barlow, who just bottled it in the single biggest moment of the season. If just about any other player on the pitch had been given that chance the game is tied and we head to extra time.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,664 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

If you want to feel better about the overall direction of the club, stay tuned for Knicks Report!

But if the RB people set that up it's brilliant because nobody is more hopeless than the Knicks and it makes our future look great in comparison.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Carnell. This team was seriously depressing to watch under Armas, he made them competent/occasionally entertaining and helped break up the COVID monotony. Him not getting to coach this game is just more evidence of RB's lack of loyalty and character.

Watch Struber leave Metro the week before they play in MLS Cup when RB gives him a European promotion with the demand that he leaves ASAP.

RED. BULL. OUT.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Very disappointing to say the least. Kaku after scoring for Paraguay got 15 minutes. I was screaming at the TV to replace both CDMs at the half with CCJ and Stroud, and CCJ finally did come in, but not before we conceded a goal. Duncan just didn't show up. Barlow got another chance and wasted it. Struber did make the right call with Clark, but that was more than offset by not playing Kaku, Stroud, and CCJ. These 3 guys played quite well for us, should have gotten more time, particularly Kaku. It's as if Armas was the coach again. Hopefully Struber won't fuck up again like this once he actually spends time coaching the team.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
We looked good first half and feel apart after 2nd goal
So odd not putting on all 3 subs as soon as 3rd goal scored
Stroud should have started
Yearwood is foul machine
Duncan sadly worse game of year
We looked more dangerous with Kaku who should have seen 30
DE7 congrats on 2 assists

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users