77 replies to this topic

MrDerp4321

MrDerp4321

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
http://www.nj.com/ne...ded_path_s.html

Harrison hopes upgraded PATH station will help welcome commuters with a grand new view

COME TO THE DRINK

CONFORM TO THE DRINK

SUPPORT THE DRINK

alberchico

alberchico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid
Wow this is big news. I wonder if Red Bull had been aggressively lobbying the Port Authority for this project. Anyone notice that all the comments below the article are negative ? However the biggest pain in the ass is the fact that many trains will take you one stop and then leave you on the platform making you wait for the next train which is surely packed. Why does PATH do this?

And a 2017 completion date? By then we'll have the NY Cosmos and so many fans will have defected to them that overcrowding won't be an issue anymore :lol:

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

And a 2017 completion date?

Jan 2013 start and end by April 2017. 4.3 years. Really?! They must be using union guys. I get it. :blink:

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
Again, why can't we have direct service from midtown to Harrison / Newark?? Why must we transfer at journal square?

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA
I never really understood why the transfer in journal square is neccessary does anyone have an answer to that?

Section133

Section133

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Different tracks.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Jan 2013 start and end by April 2017. 4.3 years. Really?! They must be using union guys. I get it. :blink:

Anywhere else in the country, its a year, 2 max.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

Different tracks.

There's a switch just west of JSQ. There's no reason a train originating at 33 Street could not continue all the way to Newark.

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

There's a switch just west of JSQ. There's no reason a train originating at 33 Street could not continue all the way to Newark.

Truth.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

I believe it is the same company that is building all the Brazilian stadiums for WC 2014 :blink:

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

I believe it is the same company that is building all the Brazilian stadiums for WC 2014 :blink:

Nah, it's the cats that are working on the Second Avenue Subway (1st phase complete in 2016)! :angry:

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

b00zeNYC

b00zeNYC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Supports:Zen
I know next to nothing about construction. Can someone who does possibly be able to break down the cost and time estimate predicted for this project, and whether or not it makes half sense? Sure doesn't seem like it. Are they saying the station is going to cost more and take longer to build than the current "Harrison’s most notable attraction"? If so, the station itself will become Harrison’s most notable attraction lol Craaazy man. Just craaazy.

Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC

Again, why can't we have direct service from midtown to Harrison / Newark?? Why must we transfer at journal square?

They did run after 9/11 for a few years from Newark direct to 33rd (WTC was closed)

If you want Newark direct to Midtown take NJ Transit /Amtrak

Just don't think there is demand for Harrison to Midtown.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I know next to nothing about construction. Can someone who does possibly be able to break down the cost and time estimate predicted for this project, and whether or not it makes half sense? Sure doesn't seem like it. Are they saying the station is going to cost more and take longer to build than the current "Harrison’s most notable attraction"? If so, the station itself will become Harrison’s most notable attraction lol Craaazy man. Just craaazy.

Exactly. Somehow this little station will cost more and take longer to build than RBA. Friggen inept government crooks.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Wow this is big news. I wonder if Red Bull had been aggressively lobbying the Port Authority for this project. Anyone notice that all the comments below the article are negative ? However the biggest pain in the ass is the fact that many trains will take you one stop and then leave you on the platform making you wait for the next train which is surely packed. Why does PATH do this?

I think the reason they do that is because the current Harrison station platform is too small and they want to get people to the much larger Journal Square station. But getting on a train that ends at Journal Square is a real annoyance, that can't be denied.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users