118 replies to this topic

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
I was thrilled about the Supporters Shield last year, but that doesn't excuse his complete and utter ineptitude as a manager this season. He has to go. Ply your trade in USL or whatever, I don't give a fuck. Mike Petke is not an MLS-caliber manager, and if you want to debate that, you're just wrong.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I was thrilled about the Supporters Shield last year, but that doesn't excuse his complete and utter ineptitude as a manager this season. He has to go. Ply your trade in USL or whatever, I don't give a fuck. Mike Petke is not an MLS-caliber manager, and if you want to debate that, you're just wrong.

Well sounds like we can close this thread then, thanks for your contribution.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

lol

NickyG

NickyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Supports:1996 NEW YORK

hahahaha okay. BEN OLSEN TOOK DC TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL LAST SEASON and he's still there and now they are rocking it. We are still in playoff contention and we want him fired???? fuck off you whiny bitch

“You can change your wife, your politics, your religion, but never, never can you change your favorite football team.” – Eric Cantona

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I disagree.

We were in shit late last season too, and turned it around. We won't win the shield, but I won't be advocating a change in coach unless we miss the playoffs and bomb out of the CCL group.

I wish Petke would use Peguy more and Alexander less, but beyond that it's hard to blame him. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
It's hard to blame a coach who has won a quarter of his games this season? Really? Go on, please.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

It's hard to blame a coach who has won a quarter of his games this season? Really? Go on, please.

Last year's team MVP missing for half the season because of injuries and international duty, the team's only viable defensive midfielder playing through several injuries, forced to rely on two inexperienced defenders because Roxburgh's off season moves didn't pan out...

Petke isn't having a good season, he's making plenty of mistakes, but there are some major contributions to our team's struggles that are out of his control. Slamming the big red panic button right now is still premature.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Last year's team MVP missing for half the season because of injuries and international duty, the team's only viable defensive midfielder playing through several injuries, forced to rely on two inexperienced defenders because Roxburgh's off season moves didn't pan out...

Petke isn't having a good season, he's making plenty of mistakes, but there are some major contributions to our team's struggles that are out of his control. Slamming the big red panic button right now is still premature.

Good coaches figure it out.  Bad ones don't.

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If the coaches name wasn't Mike Petke there would be 100 of these threads. It's hard to defend Petke when he does the same shit game after game after game. How we continue to lose or tie horrendous teams is embarrassing.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

I personally think we should fire everyone and burn this motherfucker to the ground.  ATTICA!  ATTICA!

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro
Fire Petke and watch him get hired by the blue team as an assistant to Kreis for their first season.

That would be just the kind of dipshit, shoot-ourselves-in-the-foot move we specialize in.
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Petke is doing an okay job gave the kids a chance, dealt with injuries and suspensions. And is not afraid to bench ppl. The guy who messed up this seasom was roxy and his minion campos.but to fire any of them would be silly.

FloydMayweather

FloydMayweather

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Supports:NY
I don't think have the kids a chance as much as he was forced to play them and they looked so good he stuck with them . Maybe we need Alexander injured so he will be forced to play Peggy . Hey Eric if you're reading this I wish you no serious ill buddy, maybe just a sprain :) that flares up everything other week .

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

And replace him with...?  Personally, I'm sick of the coaching carousel.  Let Petke develop, just like we should let our young players learn on the job.  Time to build something for the long-term, even if we have to endure a few shitty results along the way.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Cahills back from the World Cup? ;-)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users