56 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

The rumored names were majeed ashemeru okugawa and cican stankovic. I dont really buy the stankovic one.

Pointless but here is a small scouting report

Majeed Ashimeru
gh.png CM CDM 22y.o. (Oct 10, 1997) 6'0" 159lbs
Good all around CM, dribbling, stamina, and speed / quickness his strengths. 

Masaya Okugawa
RM CAM ST 24y.o. (Apr 14, 1996) 5'10" 137lbs
Great speed/quickness, and dribbler.

Cican Stanković
GK 27y.o. (Nov 4, 1992) 6'1" 176lbs
Known for diving/reflexes, poor kicking , avg positioning.

I would take all 3 as squad players, Masaya would be my pick could offer something different we dont really have for attacking mids.

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

I'm just sick of the fucking loans. Stop sending us guys who need to work on their fitness. Send us guys who could realistically be here for the long haul.

That the shit with the RB system as they are constructing it - no one will be here for long haul. Not saying I support it (or necessarily disagree with it), but until Red Bull or other global soccer corp is out, I suspect it will be a constant stream of 18-20 year olds who stay for 1-3 years max.  

Hoping for a 2-3 year window where stars align before all of those players are sold.  

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts
  • Supports:Metro

That the shit with the RB system as they are constructing it - no one will be here for long haul. Not saying I support it (or necessarily disagree with it), but until Red Bull or other global soccer corp is out, I suspect it will be a constant stream of 18-20 year olds who stay for 1-3 years max.  

Hoping for a 2-3 year window where stars align before all of those players are sold.  

Yeah look that's fine. That's happening in Salzburg all the same. See: Haaland, Szobozslai, Wolf, etc.

I'm not talking about someone who we sign to play for us for 2 years before moving on to bigger and better. I'm bitching about the Guldbrandsen/Damari/Tetteh (and to a similar degree Sims) thing where they give us some leftover guy on a six-month loan who will spend half of his spell getting into game shape. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I'm just sick of the fucking loans. Stop sending us guys who need to work on their fitness. Send us guys who could realistically be here for the long haul.

Yep. It's exhausting seeing other clubs spend on quality attackers and Red Bull is just sending castoffs from Europe. Show some ambition and initiative for once.

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
Yeah if we pull from Salzburg I want more of a rza impact

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Given the track record, if the team gets anyone on loan, I expect them to contribute nothing to the team

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

Some dude on twitter says 3 RB Salzburg players are potentially incoming:

Coronel (GK)

Onguene (D)

Ashimeru (M)

I don't know why we're looking at another GK.  Even if Jensen goes away we don't need another potential starter.

"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Some dude on twitter says 3 RB Salzburg players are potentially incoming:

Coronel (GK)
Onguene (D)
Ashimeru (M)

I don't know why we're looking at another GK.  Even if Jensen goes away we don't need another potential starter.

Its BS, and a Salzburg fan trying to pawn off their unwanted players on RBNY. There have been a few news articles/interviews out of Austria where Struber has been mentioned to be having discussions with RBS SD Christoph Freund about potentially taking players who arent getting playing time, but nothing about specific names.

No way they bring in another GK, let alone another international. There are 3 GK already on the roster.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Who on RBS isn't getting PT and makes sense for RBNY?

RED. BULL. OUT.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Who on RBS isn't getting PT and makes sense for RBNY?

If a player is struggling for minutes in Austria, I dont want them here, full stop.

Are our scouting/resources seriously so poor that we have to resort to begging RBS for players they don't want every single window?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,166 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Are our scouting/resources seriously so poor that we have to resort to begging RBS for players they don't want every single window?

Is this a rhetorical question?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Its a fair question.

Hamlett and Red Bull did the team no favors after Jesse left, but the burden of proof is on the new regime to prove they arent one of the more hapless teams in the MLS, and even the world, at recruiting players.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

If a player is struggling for minutes in Austria, I dont want them here, full stop.

Getting players from RBS is not a bad thing. It's more of a bandaid. You get guys who already know the system and philosophy of the team. In theory, the only adjustment period is fitness if we get them during the summer. Yet, these guys are not going to be stars. They are decent role players with expensive contracts. It should only be used if we need to fill a gap.

As for scouting, rbny just invested in a lot of money on their scouting system. Let's see how this play out. Ideally, rbny should be holding massive camps in the Caribbean and central America looking for the next big star.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Getting players from RBS is not a bad thing. It's more of a bandaid. You get guys who already know the system and philosophy of the team. In theory, the only adjustment period is fitness if we get them during the summer. Yet, these guys are not going to be stars. They are decent role players with expensive contracts. It should only be used if we need to fill a gap.

As for scouting, rbny just invested in a lot of money on their scouting system. Let's see how this play out. Ideally, rbny should be holding massive camps in the Caribbean and central America looking for the next big star.

We've done it a handful of times and it's been an unmitigated disaster every time aside from RZA.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

They have seemingly limited themselves to tier 3 prospects from Europe. For an organization that preaches about players that fit they have restricted their options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users