Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,605 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

This has been floating around on twitter. It's in German. 

https://twitter.com/...567784750526466

It's possible that we will have some synergy signings. As long as they can contribute and are regulars in the gameday 18, I'm fine with it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

This has been floating around on twitter. It's in German. 

https://twitter.com/...567784750526466

It's possible that we will have some synergy signings. As long as they can contribute and are regulars in the gameday 18, I'm fine with it. 

yeah exactly, dont care where are signings come from as long as they are good.  Ideally someone who is closer to Salzburg squad versus someone thats chronically on loan and clearly not at the right level. 

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Supports:Metro
The rumored names were majeed ashemeru okugawa and cican stankovic. I dont really buy the stankovic one

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,548 posts

I dont really buy the stankovic one

Another international goalkeeper? Maybe he can compete with Jensen...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts

Oh man... do you all remember that Mad Max movie was set to happen in 2021 right

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Stankovic was mentioned because Salzburg fans dont rate him and are hoping to get rid of him, hes still their #1 with little alternative.

Ashimeru and Okugawa are on the periphery of the team with established players ahead of them and young talent from Liefering surpassing them on the depth chart.

Ashimeru had a successful loan spell with St. Gallen in the Swiss Super League in 18/19 and had 4g/8a and has played
29 matches for Salzburg with 2g/8a, he can play AM/CM/DM

Okugawa was on loan to Holstein Kiel in the 2.Bundesliga in 18/19 and had 5g/1a, has played 29 matches for Salzburg with 9g/7a, can play AM/CM/ST (more of a second striker)

Of course this is assuming that Struber is interested in these specific Salzburg players and not others, and that RBNY are actually capable of bringing them in.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

I'm just sick of the fucking loans. Stop sending us guys who need to work on their fitness. Send us guys who could realistically be here for the long haul.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

It's becoming more and more difficult to support this team..especially from afar...

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

My kingdom for a finished product!

RED. BULL. OUT.

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
Okugawa and ashimeru would be good signings imo definitely higher quality than Tetteh

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,935 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Okugawa at least has recently scored in the real Champions League.    At 24, like Tetteh,  he can't be considered a project.  Remarkably similar pedigree to a Tetteh, so you'd hope that they learned something from that.   Its not to say that a youngish guy out of Liefering and Bundes2  can't do very well here, but you need a sharper pencil and objective evaluation of his  strengths and weaknesses before you could guess how he would do compared to Tetteh.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
I also read much into the rumors. Its mostly just fans taking what Struber said and projecting players they would be fine losing

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
My hope is that if there is a player(s) that they send over, he will join us before our first preseason practice. For whatever reasons, players, especially coming from Europe, during our season, and some even late in preseason, just don't pan out unless they are given a full preseason with the team.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,071 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I am okay with them trying out during preseason. But they shouldnt be guaranteed a spot on the team.

CrazyG

CrazyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Soccer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls / NY Red Bulls II

Oh man... do you all remember that Mad Max movie was set to happen in 2021 right

Why do people believe that?

The original Mad Max, which released in 1979, opens with the caption, “A few years from now.” That, and a piece of graffiti on a road sign in one scene dated December, 1984, puts the events of the first film squarely in the mid-'80s, most likely 1985.Aug 22, 2020

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users