94 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,165 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The only push that would matter is if fans altogether just stopped going to games.

How would the RB overlords find out?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
Insert , "Well we're waiting.gif"

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

I bet they are just waiting until after the inauguration ... right? ... that makes sense? 

Clock is definitely creeping - I'll just assume things are further along and we are just dealing with lack of on the ground media.  Recent reports are that Kaku might be staying - thats one less hole to fill at least.   

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Why is the clock ticking season still a while off

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

its really hard to get players who are starting or rotational starters at their clubs after end of Jan because most teams would want to get a replacement.  While we for sure will get some Yearwood situation guys, ideally want one DP who's coming from a situation where they are playing some.  So in my book Thelwell has two weeks before i start getting pissed.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

its really hard to get players who are starting or rotational starters at their clubs after end of Jan because most teams would want to get a replacement.  While we for sure will get some Yearwood situation guys, ideally want one DP who's coming from a situation where they are playing some.  So in my book Thelwell has two weeks before i start getting pissed.

Yeah this is where I am at for the same reasons. Someone who is an important contributor for their team isnt leaving unless a replacement has already been signed, the team is looking to cash in, or they have recently fallen out of favor/have an expiring contract in their current situation.

With their sole focus on Europe, some movement before the end of the month would be nice.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,787 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

We have barely ever made an international signing before the end of January in the history of the club, I'm willing to tack a few weeks on to that before I start getting antsy.

The situation you laid out is true if we're trying to pry a starter from a club that doesn't want to give them up. Should be plenty of MLS quality guys out there that are either fringe players on more competitive teams, or not in the other team's plans for one reason or another.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

We have barely ever made an international signing before the end of January in the history of the club, I'm willing to tack a few weeks on to that before I start getting antsy.

The situation you laid out is true if we're trying to pry a starter from a club that doesn't want to give them up. Should be plenty of MLS quality guys out there that are either fringe players on more competitive teams, or not in the other team's plans for one reason or another.

The last transfer we made that i was very excited for was announced in December when Huracan announced Kaku it was just working out agent stuff that delayed it but they were able to plan for him being gone. that said i am not expecting anything until last week of Jan / Feb.  but a mid Feb transfer unless season is delayed will be unfortunate if the players have to quarantine, do visa stuff before coming over and then the "Red Bull integration period".   

I want a Kaku level player.

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

This does calm my nerves, but if Kaku and Long stay, I think we still need 3 new, impact starters - I would rather at least get a couple deals done before end of January. Hopefully Haksa comes, but even then we are still looking for a starter LB and Striker at a minimum,  in my opinion. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

This does calm my nerves, but if Kaku and Long stay, I think we still need 3 new, impact starters - I would rather at least get a couple deals done before end of January. Hopefully Haksa comes, but even then we are still looking for a starter LB and Striker at a minimum,  in my opinion. 

I think ignoring the midfield would be perilous. Even accounting for Clark/Kaku and Yearwood its an area where they could use an upgrade either at the 6 or the other 8.

Unless Struber plans on playing a 3-5-2 more than a 4-4-2, they currently only have 4 midfielders on the roster that cover those 3 positions (Valot, Yearwood, Casseres, and Davis).

CCJ has the pedigree but hasnt amounted to more than a big question mark in his time here. Davis as a single pivot is a dangerous game, he has never been the player tasked with covering the ground in midfield even when paired with someone else.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,165 posts

Thelwell has two weeks before i start getting pissed.

Well, this will surely motivate Thelwell to act.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,165 posts

I want a Kaku level player.

We have one. Do you mean another?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,165 posts

we still need 3 new, impact starters  

Let's see one first.

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

I think ignoring the midfield would be perilous. Even accounting for Clark/Kaku and Yearwood its an area where they could use an upgrade either at the 6 or the other 8.

Unless Struber plans on playing a 3-5-2 more than a 4-4-2, they currently only have 4 midfielders on the roster that cover those 3 positions (Valot, Yearwood, Casseres, and Davis).

CCJ has the pedigree but hasnt amounted to more than a big question mark in his time here. Davis as a single pivot is a dangerous game, he has never been the player tasked with covering the ground in midfield even when paired with someone else.

I don't disagree... I think if Kaku stays and Haksa comes on, then stiker and LB are more vital. 

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Let's see one first.

Our journey shall start with a step .... 

and hopefully not two backwards when Kaku and Long are sold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users