• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.

My "members" box showed up today. I have to say the weird laser beams work better on the all-red training top. The scarf feels at least as well made as the older one; last years just felt cheap. 

Anybody else get their box yet?

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Totally feel the same way about the training kits. Best thing about the box is they gave us those plastic holders for the cards over those awful paper ones that broke last year.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think last years scarf was better. Was that the one with the Metro logo or was that the year before? I traded one away last season so maybe I'm confused. The one with the text on it was real cheaply made.

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.

I think last years scarf was better. Was that the one with the Metro logo or was that the year before? I traded one away last season so maybe I'm confused. The one with the text on it was real cheaply made.

Metro logo was... 2015, I think? 2016 was mostly white.

The wallet card with the home/away dates on it is useful. Wonder if they're all accurate still.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Shirt is nice and fits comfortably which is an important thing for a big guy like me. Scarf is also nice with a sewn in logo on the ends.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Metro logo was... 2015, I think? 2016 was mostly white.

The wallet card with the home/away dates on it is useful. Wonder if they're all accurate still.

You are right. 2014 was the cheap one. I got a medium shirt...hopefully not too small, but haven't tried it on yet.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I really like the training jersey.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

You are right. 2014 was the cheap one. I got a medium shirt...hopefully not too small, but haven't tried it on yet.

Think you're good there.  THe shirts definitely run big.  I got a Large and wish I got a medium.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Got mine on Friday. Good one again this year. The training jerseys are really nice. I'll echo the sentiment about the plastic cardholders being better than the paper ones from last year, but I also wish season tickets were snug inside. Wallet card is definitely useful but I bet I miss an away game when they move dates. 

Decent scarf but I liked the last two years' editions better.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

I like the training jersey, just wish the logo was a patch. I may sew the patch they sent out last year onto it. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

I like the training jersey, just wish the logo was a patch. I may sew the patch they sent out last year onto it. 

I thought the same....why couldn't they simply add the real crest onto the training jersey. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users