725 replies to this topic

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
NYC night life kept Ronaldinho aka party animal away from Metro. He was notorious at Barca for his night life antics.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

NYC night life kept Ronaldinho aka party animal away from Metro. He was notorious at Barca for his night life antics.

As the story goes, Red Bulls called him and his agent to discuss a transfer and he was audibly drunk on the call.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

He would've fit right in with some NYC greats.  Keith Hernandez, Strawberry, Lawrence Taylor, Doc Gooden.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Revs are plunking down $10m for Gustavo Bou. 

https://www.revoluti...ject-revolution
https://www.revoluti...o-and-argentina
Will this pan out, or blow up?
Is Kraft finally loosening the purse strings?
After all, TFC & ATL bought MLS Cups.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Doesn't NYC seem like literally one of the last places on the planet an immature playboy should settle?

Haven't you heard, We PlAy In JeRsEy :)+

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
We should target Pity Martinez.

There is a feud between pity and their coach.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Not a chance this club would pay for him. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

oh the twitter meltdowns on both sides would be hilarious. doubt that it'll happen, though. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

How would we even go about getting Pity from Atlanta? Do we have $15M in allocation money laying around? Do we do them a favor and offer a straight swap for Alex Muyl?

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

How would we even go about getting Pity from Atlanta? Do we have $15M in allocation money laying around? Do we do them a favor and offer a straight swap for Alex Muyl?

You dont need 15m allocation. ATL can place a sell on clause on Pity, they can trade for an RBNY player who has a valuable contract, and free up cap space for a new player who fits into de boer's system.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Would he fit in?
Or, would we be buying someone elses problem?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

You dont need 15m allocation. ATL can place a sell on clause on Pity, they can trade for an RBNY player who has a valuable contract, and free up cap space for a new player who fits into de boer's system.

What's their sell on percent, 95%? Seems incredibly unlikely they'd ever recoup their investment in Pity by trading to another MLS team since you can't swap cash.

The only player we have with a valuable contract is probably Kaku but my guess is that value is going the wrong direction just like Pity's. Not even sure I'd want that swap from what I've seen tbh.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
[Butler] Also, a secondary transfer window signing seems imminent for #RBNY "I wouldn't be surprised in the next two weeks if you see a signing," Armas said.

The last three guys Ive seen us linked with are attacking mids wingers. Romanian Guy, Ecuador guy, so logic says maybe were getting that LW?

Then again maybe its just Rito.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Its gonna be some sort of andres ivan bum.

If were not going to bring in players worth a damn lets just use that TAM/Gam on MLS player trades. Known commodities (Meream,benney fielhaber, lee nygun etc level players) Rather than playing this bullshit $2 scratch ticket home run game with the Ivan and that scadinavian kid signings.

5 year plan

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars
Chicago are open for business according to gm Nelson Rodriguez. Is there anyone on that fire team you guys think we should target? I was thinking of przemyslaw frankowski, hasnt looked too great with Chicago numbers wise but for the right price I think the polish international wouldnt do all that bad in our system, seems to be very good at servicing his fellow teammates. I also like the quickness and skill in his game would compliment us well on the right wing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users