rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Gyasi Zardes is supposedly on the move.

The guy had 16 goals in 2014, a season so great, it earned him national team call-ups for life. He's got to be good.

https://twitter.com/...671954014228480

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Hearing that Gyasi Zardes could be on the move this offseason. Per source, potential landing spots for #USMNT attacker are DC, Columbus and Vancouver.

For what it's worth I like Zardes.  I think he's a good player in this league.  Not totally sure on what his best position/formation is and I don't see how he fits with us, but it's worth noting that he's available.

pass.  I like Zardes but He is 26 and had a few tough seasons.  Good MLS player but agree don't see how he fits with us. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Gyasi Zardes is supposedly on the move.

The guy had 16 goals in 2014, a season so great, it earned him national team call-ups for life. He's got to be good.

https://twitter.com/...671954014228480

pass.  I like Zardes but He is 26 and had a few tough seasons.  Good MLS player but agree don't see how he fits with us. 

Yea, he was really good the year he played with Keane and LD, less so after that.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

zardes plays better as a striker.  if we bring him on to be BWPs successor, he could do well in this system.  i thought part of his drop off was when he was being asked to play as a wide mid.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Did they try to put him as a wing back a few games too? His touch is pretty awful. Rather look at someone else. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
The only thing I could say in favor of Zardes is that LAG became a dumpster fire and that a change of scenery might rejuvenate him. Otherwise I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I always liked jose villareal, gatt, farrel, okugo and rowe. I would like them to get a trial.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Hearing that Gyasi Zardes could be on the move this offseason. Per source, potential landing spots for #USMNT attacker are DC, Columbus and Vancouver.

For what it's worth I like Zardes.  I think he's a good player in this league.  Not totally sure on what his best position/formation is and I don't see how he fits with us, but it's worth noting that he's available.

Pretty good FIFA rating tho

Think he's got a lot of potential and can be really good but far, far from guaranteed, obviously.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Rochester Rhinos are on hiatus for a year. (Screw Mark Washo).
Former Academy player, Joe Farrell has played well there as a right back. Would fit this system well. Would love to see him with either the first team or take David Najems spot as the starter with the USL team.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Rochester Rhinos are on hiatus for a year.

https://www.google.c...m/amp/909936001
Sad

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
If NYRB already has Tyler Adams.. Which means they're ok with giving ample playing time to teenagers provided they are gamers than why not sign a still teen that would be on that Giovinco level.. Because i think we can all agree it should be the goal to sign a difference maker that isn't over the hill but a guy in his prime might be financially out of NYRB's reach..

So why not a u17 star..

I suggest Alan De Souza from Palmeiras... He can play CM or CAM and would be an heir anf maybe even an upgrade to Sacha.. Since people are saying Sacha days were numbered..

Or he could and should play next to Sacha and Royer

This team needs signings guys like Muyl and Sean Davis don't cut it..

Sign Alan De Souza.. Break the bank if you have too.. I'll also add a guy like Orlando Berrío or Andrés Ibargüen or Christian Pavon

If it was me... First thing in the morning Monday i would try to free up the DP spots with TAM and get at least two DP spots free and break the bank and sign Christian Pavon and Alan De Souza and also Andrés Ibargüen..
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Feast your eye on this https://youtu.be/GbtoKrUlf90
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

A "flurry of MLS teams" apparently interested in USMNT and Nottingham Forest CB Eric Lichaj. However, it seems all but certain that he will sign extension with forest.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

A "flurry of MLS teams" apparently interested in USMNT and Nottingham Forest CB Eric Lichaj. However, it seems all but certain that he will sign extension with forest.

I always wondered why this guy never got his fair shake for the nats

5 year plan

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I always wondered why this guy never got his fair shake for the nats

Because he played in the Championship and not the 2.Bundesliga.  Same "problem" afflicted Danny Williams as well.  Lichaj had 6 caps in 2011 alone, Bob got fired, then he got 3 caps in the next 5 years.  Williams had 7 caps under Klinsmann in 2012, moved to Reading in 2013, and then got 2 caps in the next 2 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users