#31 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'm glad Goodell has handed down the massive suspensions to the Saints...

How many more guys have to come out saying they suffer from post-concussion syndrome and depression and psychological illnesses before the league starts to seriously look at the brutality of the game?

The NHL is really making strides to reduce headhunting...

All this is doing is making moms and dads think twice about pop warner...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#32 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

All this is doing is making moms and dads think twice about pop warner...

Baseball and soccer will gladly take them.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#33 tone-loc

tone-loc

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Supports:galaxy, dodgers, ucsb

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

Minn Senate Approves Proposed Stadium Bill

I know there are mixed feelings on here, but I for one would like to see an NFL team in LA... someday.

#34 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Likewise... but not the fucking Vikings. Fuck them.

Zero Cool's 2012-2013 San Diego Chargers Preview
We're going to suck.
If Relegation is possible then it's going to happen.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#35 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Minn Senate Approves Proposed Stadium Bill

I know there are mixed feelings on here, but I for one would like to see an NFL team in LA... someday.

This still has a ways to go. The House and the Senate approved different proposals. Now must come to agreement. There is also about an $80-90 million dollar gap between proposals. Question is who gets billed the Vikings or the tax payers? Looks like the tax payers will be paying more than the Vikings/NFL in this deal.
Twitter

#36 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Zero Cool's 2012-2013 San Diego Chargers Preview
We're going to suck.

Its a shame... Rivers is a fantastic QB... Elite... Put him on a good team, BAM! Super Bowls...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#37 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

Its a shame... Rivers is a fantastic QB... Elite... Put him on a good team, BAM! Super Bowls...

"Not Drew Brees" will continue to suck.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#38 tone-loc

tone-loc

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Supports:galaxy, dodgers, ucsb

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

I am not a Chargers fan, but I have a bigger problem with Norv Turner and AJ Smith (puppet and puppeteer). The two of them both rub me the wrong way... and yes, I am referring to that one night in the back alley.

#39 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

I know... I know... But the truth is he should have won the AFC West singlehandedly the last two seasons... Who did the Raiders, Chiefs and my Smegma-Inspiring Broncos have at QB the last couple of seasons? Carson Palmer (Way too many INTs), Matt Cassell (Average at best), Kyle Orton (Vomit) and that spectacular hunk of man-meat Tim Tebow (My own throwing mechanics are better)?

Philip Rivers should be racking up postseasons wins like crazy... Coming in 1st in the division may afford them home field advantage and even byes...

I am not a Chargers fan, but I have a bigger problem with Norv Turner and AJ Smith (puppet and puppeteer).

This... It's Norv and AJ... Period...

What say you ucsdguy?

And yes, I get all homo for Tebow...
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

#40 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

I think a large portion of people in san diego realize or feel Turner is an issue. But not the only issue. I heard big rumblings that Turner was going to be let go after this past season, but Rivers went to management and took full responsibility for their failed season.

Hell I want Bobby Ross back.

#41 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Seems as though the House & Senate have agreed on revised proposal and each have voted to approve. Next step is the Gov. must sign, which he'll do, then it's up to the city council to approve it. Looks like Minnesota is getting a new stadium, pending the city council vote of course.

So, back to Chargers and Rams watch... :)+
Twitter

#42 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Seems as though the House & Senate have agreed on revised proposal and each have voted to approve. Next step is the Gov. must sign, which he'll do, then it's up to the city council to approve it. Looks like Minnesota is getting a new stadium, pending the city council vote of course.

So, back to Chargers and Rams watch... :)+

I gave up a while ago man. LA isn't getting football in the near future. All these teams do is just use us as a bargaining chip to get whatever they want.

On another note. You can all just ignore Chris. He hates the fact that his Chargers have been shitty and he takes it out on poor Phillip Rivers. It isn't his fault.

#43 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

Are we talking about the same guy who went to North Carolina State? Seriously . . . Rivers is the Tony Romo of the AFC.

Until the NFL and/or a private company (AEG?) fully fund this . . . I am not interested in LA having an NFL team. The city of LA is broke and cant even provide its basic fuctions as a city, yet they would consider paying part of the tab to bring in the NFL; seriously I would go nuts.

#44 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Are we talking about the same guy who went to North Carolina State? Seriously . . . Rivers is the Tony Romo of the AFC.

Sooooooooooo? Romo was one game away from making playoffs last season... One... And who beat them? The eventual SB champs... How many times has Romo come close... Hell even Tom "Messiah" Brady has been beat twice by the same dude in the Big Game... I never understood the Cowboy fan who constantly beats up on Romo... Now that Peyton is at the helm, I woulda gladly taken Romo in Denver...

Try this:

Name the good QBs of the NFC?

Alex Smth? Average...

Sam Bradford? Really?

Cam Newton? Too early to tell... And his overbite is so unattractive...

Name the elite QBs of the NFC?

Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan...

Romo makes his case for elite status in the NFC...

Name the elite QBs of the AFC?

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Joey Flacco...

Rivers is better than Matt Schaub, Carson Palmer, Matt Cassell and all the other average AFC QBs... My point is that the management of the Bolts has not built up that team right and good QBs don't come by too often... The fault lies with management...

Look at the wonders that John Fox did with ZERO offensive talent on the Broncos this past season... Freaking Tebow couldn't throw worth a shit but management played to his strengths by running the ball and beefing up the D...

Norv doesn't get it... Rivers is approaching the end of his prime and if SD wants to win the division and eventually the SB, they need to get some serious receivers for Rivers before that window closes...
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

#45 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Fuck all you guys. Go Raiders!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users