First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid

Dave Martinez

@EmpireOfSoccer

MLB sources told me from start #NYY take "wait, see" approach to soccer at Stadium. If it interferes w baseball, #NYCFC will be gone next yr

https://twitter.com/...659898006077440

I'm going to have to call BS on this one. There is no way this team could be operating on a season by season  basis subject to the Yankees whim. That would be suicidal. When this franchise was announced back in 2013 I recall there was some agreement  that they would play in the Bronx for at least 3 seasons. After that the new stadium would supposedly be in place.The real problem is that getting a stadium up and running in NYC is going to take a lot more than 3 freaking years. Which is WHY new expansion teams are required to have a stadium plan already in place. Why Garber waived that requirement for NYCFC is still  mystery to me.

BillFromAstoria

BillFromAstoria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase

Why Garber waived that requirement for NYCFC is still  mystery to me.

I think up until the day they signed the deal everyone involved believed Queens was going to happen. I think Garber is still conceited and arrogant enough to believe that Queens still could happen, but it's no longer his problem. 

Mansour and Levine (mostly Mansour) have more than enough cash to bribe enough city and state officials and to buy any parcel of land to erect a stadium. They haven't yet because they were told the stadium deal was a done deal—city park land for pennies on the dollar, and stadium subsidies from new Mayor Christine Quinn. They feel jilted by everyone—the city and the league. Levine probably thinks it's wise to wait out the De Blasio administration and find a more receptive mayor. 

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Arsenal, USMNT, & the 4-2-3-1

just realized the irony in that Man City has a metro themed alternative jersey

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

I'm going to have to call BS on this one. There is no way this team could be operating on a season by season  basis subject to the Yankees whim. That would be suicidal. When this franchise was announced back in 2013 I recall there was some agreement  that they would play in the Bronx for at least 3 seasons. After that the new stadium would supposedly be in place.The real problem is that getting a stadium up and running in NYC is going to take a lot more than 3 freaking years. Which is WHY new expansion teams are required to have a stadium plan already in place. Why Garber waived that requirement for NYCFC is still  mystery to me.

I agree with you. The Yankees are part owner of NYCFC. If they were to banish them out of their stadium it will certainty hurt their profitability. Do the Yankees want to screw the profitability of their new investment? 

That doesn't make good business sense to me. 

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

I agree with you. The Yankees are part owner of NYCFC. If they were to banish them out of their stadium, it would certainty hurt NYCFC's profitability. Do the Yankees want to screw the profitability of their new investment? 

That doesn't make good business sense to me. I think the Yankees find a way to make it work.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

You have to remember though, the Yankees first and foremost are going to worry about the Yankees. If Ellisbury goes down because the field crew missed a little hold in the outfield do to soccer being played all hell is going to break loose. Im sure the Yankees can try to sell their portion of the team if they want to.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Field looks terrible, especially the layout.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Field looks terrible, especially the layout.

Looks fucking awful

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

is it the camera angle/sight lines or is the pitch spartan stadium narrow?

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

is it the camera angle/sight lines or is the pitch spartan stadium narrow?

The dimensions they showed earlier were 110 yards in length and 70 yards wide

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

They need to get their own field. This is football lines level of embarssing. So much empty space, the field looks like shit the supporters are a thousand miles away and no crowd noise.

Also how stupid is it the supporters chose to sit on the outfield instead of behind first base?

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Apparently it's only 5 yards narrower than RBA (70 vs 75), but the pitch just looks tiny.

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

its also ten yards shorter.  looks almost comical how little space there is.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
This situation is not good for Boy City, it's not good for the Skanks, and I'm loving it.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

The dimensions they showed earlier were 110 yards in length and 70 yards wide

Compared to 120 x 75 for RBA and many other MLS stadiums. Only field as narrow as Yankee stadium currently in use by MLS in Houston's BBVA Compass stadium at 115 x70. Spartan stadium was also 110 x 70 if I remember correctly.

BTW FIFA regulations call for 

• Length: minimum 100 m, maximum 110 m.
  • Width: minimum 64 m, maximum 75 m.

Which would make yankee stadium the bare minimum field size. (100m x 64m)

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users