Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

https://www.onceamet...aining-facility

Lease in Hanover is almost finished. More convenient to have the facility closer to the Arena/Manhattan/Hoboken. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Kearny seems like a perfect spot for so many reasons - but there's no way there's room there, right? 

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
Highly doubt its Kearny they will stay in the east Hannover whippany area

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Lease in Hanover is almost finished. More convenient to have the facility closer to the Arena/Manhattan/Hoboken. 

I cant imagine they walk away from all the improvements they made there.   Seems like a substantial investment.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
I would rather see the millions first spent on acquiring better players.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

That's exactly what they're doing.  Investing in better players who may end up on Leipzig or Salzburg.  They DGAF about MLS cup, just MLS as a feeder league. 

"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

More convenient but also more expensive.

Land is costly and theyll need a lot of it.

If/when they move/upgrade Id hope the first thing on the to do list is academy housing. If theyre serious about developing young talent then they have to build the facilities to truly support that.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Sure - but a training facility served by accessible mass transit means you have greater access to youth players. The wealthy kids can pick Philly, NYCFC, or pull a Clark and play for whoever. Most families can't do that. If RB global wants to set up a pipeline from the historic NJ soccer hotbed, it makes sense to have something in the heart of the area. 

Have not really looked into it, but it could be that they view the millions required as money well spent on acquiring better players long haul. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I cant imagine they walk away from all the improvements they made there.   Seems like a substantial investment.

they could turn that into the academy/pre academy hub for U17 and under, so all the group closer to first team (first team, USL, U19)  train in same place.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Didn't they do some crazy real estate setup with the stadium in Harrison that left Harrison feeling like they got the short end? Wouldn't be surprised if they incorporated some investment protections for site improvements at the training facility as well. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

they could turn that into the academy/pre academy hub for U17 and under...

I like this idea. Id still want them to build out housing etc. so the kids could be on site full time. Bulldoze one of the fields I guess?

If this became a reality then I suppose you wouldnt have to have quite as much space at the senior training facility...which I think most people would prefer to be closer to the stadium and NYC.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Surprised they would be moving because I feel like they just upgraded it. 

But I think it would be great for them to move it somewhere closer to Manhattan/Jersey City/Hoboken where players probably want to live.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I do like that idea of keeping the E. Hanover site. Newer facility would be for the 1st team and the reserves. U23s and Academy teams will remain at EHanover. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I like this idea. Id still want them to build out housing etc. so the kids could be on site full time. Bulldoze one of the fields I guess?

If this became a reality then I suppose you wouldnt have to have quite as much space at the senior training facility...which I think most people would prefer to be closer to the stadium and NYC.

agreed.  homestay is good interim solution but at some point need to build out housing too if we are going to go all out on poaching out of state kids to compliment what we have.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

agreed.  homestay is good interim solution but at some point need to build out housing too if we are going to go all out on poaching out of state kids to compliment what we have.

What did Caden Clark do when he signed?  He was 16.  Did he live on his own, with roommates, a host family?  Also, he would have been in 11th grade, most likely. Did he continue school, in NJ or did he do some online or homeschool program?

As you point out, if RBNY is going to recruit players to the academy from around the country, what are they going to have as far as living arrangements and schooling.  These will be kids, and they won't be on a professional contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users