What would it take for Red Bull to sell?

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
What do you all think the final number would be to get red bull to sell? 400mil?

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

What do you all think the final number would be to get red bull to sell? 400mil?

i think they would need some crazy valuation to let the team go.  Their goal is to develop players and we have one of the best pipelines in the US.  I would think at least $800 million

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

i think they would need some crazy valuation to let the team go.  Their goal is to develop players and we have one of the best pipelines in the US.  I would think at least $800 million

LOL no one is paying 800M for this tire fire.

My guess is RB would happily cash out for 400M but no one is offering that either. You can develop a lot of players in Brazil/Netherlands/wherever with 400M.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Idk weve only produced one Tyler Adams and that is seen as not good enough for RBG. Looking at the 2s our best hope for someone with that talent level and ability are probably Tolkin and Sowe

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

LOL no one is paying 800M for this tire fire.

My guess is RB would happily cash out for 400M but no one is offering that either. You can develop a lot of players in Brazil/Netherlands/wherever with 400M.

I could be wrong, but didnt the Fire just sell for a valuation of $400m? I know that was a slightly different situation with the minority owner buying up the rest of the stake, but still. If my recollection of that sale is correct, Id imagine RB would want something north of that. I agree $800m is steep and not happening.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I could be wrong, but didnt the Fire just sell for a valuation of $400m? I know that was a slightly different situation with the minority owner buying up the rest of the stake, but still. If my recollection of that sale is correct, Id imagine RB would want something north of that. I agree $800m is steep and not happening.

Judging by https://www.90min.co...f-mls-franchise and https://www.theguard...-an-nfl-stadium, the 400M was agreed on after the club was able to get out of Bridgeview (likely to play at Soldier Field again). Have to imagine that a downtown Chicago location is more valuable than a half-tarped off one in Harrison, NJ.

Anyway, all just pure speculation, obviously.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Idk weve only produced one Tyler Adams and that is seen as not good enough for RBG. Looking at the 2s our best hope for someone with that talent level and ability are probably Tolkin and Sowe

Miazga to Chelsea? I bet Long eventually gets sold too. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I could see the league getting involved in a couple years if Red Bull continue with this zero spending, zero excitement approach. You can't have a pro sports team in this area drawing less than 5k fans a game, and that is where Red Bulls are heading (if they aren't already getting close).

NYCFC don't draw amazing either, but they will probably win an MLS Cup this season or within the next few and they will get out of Yankee Stadium for a place of their own eventually. Long-term, they will solidify themselves as the marquee soccer team in this area and be fine.

The league doesn't want another Chivas situation happening with Red Bulls. Something will give.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Price is set at $500M as recent as last year, according to a super reliable source.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Interesting. I refuse to believe that this FC Generic Farm Team crap is as good as it gets for Metro.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
Last Forbes list had us at 250

https://www.forbes.c...ble-teams-2018/

I don't think they have an interest in selling - their MLS investment was always a long play,could wait 30 years more

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Dieter: We have a team in New Jersey?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I could see the league getting involved in a couple years if Red Bull continue with this zero spending, zero excitement approach. You can't have a pro sports team in this area drawing less than 5k fans a game, and that is where Red Bulls are heading (if they aren't already getting close).

NYCFC don't draw amazing either, but they will probably win an MLS Cup this season or within the next few and they will get out of Yankee Stadium for a place of their own eventually. Long-term, they will solidify themselves as the marquee soccer team in this area and be fine.

The league doesn't want another Chivas situation happening with Red Bulls. Something will give.

No. That is utterly ridiculous. You suffer from cognitive distortion if you think our club is anywhere near territory of the league stepping in or in a comparable situation to Chivas. 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

No. That is utterly ridiculous. You suffer from cognitive distortion if you think our club is anywhere near territory of the league stepping in or in a comparable situation to Chivas. 

So you think MLS would be fine with frequent 5k crowds at Red Bull Arena, if it got to that point?

What other club in the league is adding tarps to their stadium?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

c3305497a908aed0e1792f5d6be8bb85b8878081

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users