Fowler Nostrils

Fowler Nostrils

New Signing

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Supports:Pol Pot

What do we do with the lineup for KC?

Leave Cahill and replace Oyongo with Henry?

Replace Oyongo with Lade, leave Henry and Oyongo for the 60-70th minute.

The KC backline is riddled with injuries; even if they are back to 3/4 regulars they are still reeling with fatigue.  Collin is better than this performance and this board knows it;  Sinovic is surely an MLS camp call-up waiting to happen.

BWP's finishes were clinical, but honestly they were the product of two ugly defensive blunders.  Fresh legs up top can win the game, and that's Cahill and Lade rather than Oyongo and Henry.  Plus, those latter two could really disrupt the back line late on with their pace/presence respectively. 

What's a better send-off* for Henry?  Reluctantly subbed off with a look of disgust on his face in the 80th after 25 useless minutes, or brought on in the 60th to a roar?  Even the least-honest hagiography would call him temperamental, so that's a better momentum push for him if we need another result next weekend.

*ok technically if my plan wins the game, he'd have another home game to ice up his knee or whatever

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Win the play-in game, lose to DC in first round on stupid mistakes.

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'd like to see the same lineup, with Henry for Oyongo. Cahill had a better game than Oyongo, he deserves a crack at it.

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Is Henry Playing or is he injured?  Thought that not playing on artificial surfaces was supposed to keep him healthy.  We should have rested him more toward the end of games to make sure he finally has a good playoff run in him as in year's past he always played like crap and didn't score in playoff times.

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Is Henry Playing or is he injured?  Thought that not playing on artificial surfaces was supposed to keep him healthy.  We should have rested him more toward the end of games to make sure he finally has a good playoff run in him as in year's past he always played like crap and didn't score in playoff times.

:)+

Red Bull Out                                 

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I have to admit, pretty happy with 4th place for several reasons.  Home knockout game against an opponent we've taken 7/9 points, avoid New England in the conference semis, play DC should we beat KC.

On the other hand...  We owned Houston last year and we all know what happened in the playoffs, and we've won exactly 0 playoff games at RBA.

PS.  My dark horse pick to win the east is Columbus.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

With how healthy Henry has been throughout this contract and at his age, I think it's pretty safe to say that the measures they are taking is working.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I'd like to see the same lineup, with Henry for Oyongo. Cahill had a better game than Oyongo, he deserves a crack at it.

Agreed.  Oyongo was unusually quiete this game.  Cahill played well last game so I think he gets the nod.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Time for Henry to provide the postseason magic we've been waiting for.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Time for Henry to provide the postseason magic we've been waiting for.

He's not God or Superman, but he's definitely this team's best player.  If the guys around him do well then we have a chance because he can always cause amazing things out there.

We have a chance to do some damage if his achillies is OK.   What sucks is that we have 3 games in a short amount of time so it will be surprising if he makes out OK.  

KC was the only team in the east that I really feared, but they just don't seem the same.  Haven't all season either.  

I'd go with this:

------------BWP-----------

Henry-----Timmy-----Sam

---------Dax-----Alexander

Miller Seka Olave Eckersley

Can't believe I'm putting Eckersley in there but he's played well lately.  Would have no problem if Oyongo gets the nod at that spot.   And I do believe between Peguy and Cahill, that one or the other are going to be better matchups depending on the team that we play.  It's up to Petke to realize when Peguy may be better against a particular team, or Cahill.   Against KC Timmy makes a ton of sense because of how good they are on set pieces.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Jamison & Fina = traditionalists!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Just going to hijack this thread to say that anyone who was on the "Fire Petke" bandwagon can suck a massive penis. If 4th in the East in a year where a DP was playing internationally half the time is considered a "bad season" for Petke then he's quite alright. 

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

He's not God or Superman, but he's definitely this team's best player.  If the guys around him do well then we have a chance because he can always cause amazing things out there.

We have a chance to do some damage if his achillies is OK.   What sucks is that we have 3 games in a short amount of time so it will be surprising if he makes out OK.  

KC was the only team in the east that I really feared, but they just don't seem the same.  Haven't all season either.  

I'd go with this:

------------BWP-----------

Henry-----Timmy-----Sam

---------Dax-----Alexander

Miller Seka Olave Eckersley

Can't believe I'm putting Eckersley in there but he's played well lately.  Would have no problem if Oyongo gets the nod at that spot.   And I do believe between Peguy and Cahill, that one or the other are going to be better matchups depending on the team that we play.  It's up to Petke to realize when Peguy may be better against a particular team, or Cahill.   Against KC Timmy makes a ton of sense because of how good they are on set pieces.

Looks good but I'd only make one change to your XI. While with this team you can't bank on anything, I'm fairly confident we can take out SKC on Thursday (now when they lose, you can all spew your hatred out at me for jinxing it). With the quick turnaround on Sunday, I don't know if I would want Henry playing a full 180 minutes in that timespan, given his Achilles tendon is flaring up. Put Oyongo on the left wing, let him run up and down the field, create some plays, and cross the ball in to Timmy or BWP. Outside of that, I can't argue against that lineup.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Supports:METRO! USMNT

I don't think I'd start Henry at all. It may sound cocky but I would roll out the same line-up again. If we're down and in need of his services then I would insert Henry but with ample time maybe to start the second half. Metro needs to put KC out of their misery and get this game done. I wouldn't throw all of our Arsenal just yet. Sunday would only be two days later. Wouldn't want Titi to play 90 on Thursday and then another on Sunday. I think Metro can get the job done without him honestly. Stick to the game plan get an early goal. If things start not going our way then yeah throw in Henry, but if we can avoid it, I would.

As long as im breathing....

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

Thierry speaks often about Michael Jordan being an idol of his. Now's the time to prove it Titi. Become Mr. November for us.

Red Bull Out                                 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users