#1 rokstedy

rokstedy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy & USA

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

So are we doing this again in the 15th and 60th minute?
"Last month I was in the Canary Islands, and I met up with Armada Sur, the supporters group for CD Tenerife. When the subject of MLS comes up one of the first things they ask me about is if I've heard of the Riot Squad and they mention that one of them has a LARS shirt, and describes the gask mask guy logo.

Halfway around the world and I can't get away from you guys?!?!"

Jasonma, from your other favorite message board, BigSoccer, which has become BigStupid

GOATS NEVER, GALAXY FOREVER!

#2 anarchie75

anarchie75

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US Nats

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:03 AM

So are we doing this again in the 15th and 60th minute?

Yes, every game.

#3 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:16 AM

And I'm sure eventually it'll be done more often as well. Imagine games where we're up 3-1 or something, and the whole crowd starts feeling it. good times
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#4 anarchie75

anarchie75

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US Nats

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:48 PM

Since this seems to be a success, how about we add a call and response at the kickoffs (both start and half time)? This could really set the stage for the atmosphere for the entire match and get the crowd involved and the players pumped at a key time. Also, it could be an intimidation factor to the visiting team.

#5 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:40 AM

good idea arch. i think doing it before kickoff would give a jump start to the atmosphere around the HDC and freak out the opposing teams. plus i think doing before kickoff would get more people involved and probably would want to participate with other simple chants we get going.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#6 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:17 AM

We'll work on it immediately.

tm

#7 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

Since this seems to be a success, how about we add a call and response at the kickoffs (both start and half time)? This could really set the stage for the atmosphere for the entire match and get the crowd involved and the players pumped at a key time. Also, it could be an intimidation factor to the visiting team.

that was the original idea but LARS isn't in their seats at kickoff or halftime kickoff. That's why Sergio (ACB leader) and I decided on 15th and 60th.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#8 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

that was the original idea but LARS isn't in their seats at kickoff or halftime kickoff.

This. 15th and 60th is good for this reason.

For kick off, babygotback. has pointed out that people stand up for the national anthem and if we follow with something quickly, they will stay up and join us for 10 seconds. Best way to do this is to use something basic "LA Galaxy clap clap clapclapclap" immediately after the national anthem.

#9 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

This. 15th and 60th is good for this reason.

For kick off, babygotback. has pointed out that people stand up for the national anthem and if we follow with something quickly, they will stay up and join us for 10 seconds. Best way to do this is to use something basic "LA Galaxy clap clap clapclapclap" immediately after the national anthem.

IN Toronto they do a T-F-C chant as the players are coming out and its pretty intimidating if you ask me. Hopefully we can do the LA Galaxy clapclapclap chant and it catches on with the entire crowd.

Call and Response I've noticed (on the tele of course) recently its been getting louder and louder. The crowd is really getting into this. Maybe we can do LALALA let's go and start it between us and ACB and you can see the stadium getting involved.

#10 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:25 PM

that was the original idea but LARS isn't in their seats at kickoff or halftime kickoff. That's why Sergio (ACB leader) and I decided on 15th and 60th.

Hmm. That makes sense. Maybe scoot it to 5 mins and 50 mins? Get a few more of us in there and still have it close enough to the kickoffs to be a momentum thing. Either way it kicks ass and will only get better, one of the great successes of the chanting season.

Maybe we can do LALALA let's go and start it between us and ACB and you can see the stadium getting involved.

That would be insane. 27,000 people doing LALALA lets go. Hahahha.

#11 Pox80

Pox80

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:24 PM

I was thinking about maybe doing a cross stadium cadence between Lars and ACB. It would be way easier at this time than trying to work around the problems of sound delay between our two groups if we tried doing songs. Given that cadences are already "call and response" it wouldn't sound bad delayed. Also it could give the loudness of "LA - Galaxy" a bit of a song feel.

Something like this but way cut down and simpler...

Keep up the epic in 138 and 7

#12 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:07 AM

Hmm. That makes sense. Maybe scoot it to 5 mins and 50 mins? Get a few more of us in there and still have it close enough to the kickoffs to be a momentum thing. Either way it kicks ass and will only get better, one of the great successes of the chanting season.
That would be insane. 27,000 people doing LALALA lets go. Hahahha.

we thought about 5 and 50, but LARS isn't ready at those minutes. we're slackers

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#13 RyanSquad

RyanSquad

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, SF 49ers

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:29 AM

Definitely one of the high points from the Crew game...

Keep it up, I think it's awesome.
Ryan Squad-I am here ooooOH ooooOH

#14 Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Supports:SSFC, USA, Reading, Gonzaga

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:51 AM

Eventually y'all will have it down so tight you can do Ray Charles "What'd I Say." Ayyyy - Ayyyy - Ohhhh - Ohhhh! :D
The roots of our Soccer Tribe lie deep in our primeval past. ~Desmond Morris

#15 Section 18 Hooligan

Section 18 Hooligan

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

Eventually y'all will have it down so tight you can do Ray Charles "What'd I Say." Ayyyy - Ayyyy - Ohhhh - Ohhhh! :D

that would be amazing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users