First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Liverpool, US, SUNY Purchase
April 1: vs. Montreal (11 am, Monclair)
April 7: @ Columbus
April 23: @ DC
April 28: vs. New England (6:30 pm, NJIT)
May 14: @ Philly
July 8: @ New England
July 21: vs. Philly (5 pm, Monclair)
July 29: @ Montreal
Sept. 16: vs. Columbus (11 am, Monclair)
Sept. 30: vs. Toronto (11 am, Monclair)

I've always wanted to go catch a reserve game with a big group of people. The game on 4/28 is an hour after the home game against the Revs ends, and is right over the bridge at NJIT in Newark. Who'd be down for checking out both games?

METRO T-SHIRTS!

1996NY.com

Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

Calcio20

Calcio20

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars FC Juve USMNT
sounds promising.

Escalators and Beer

Escalators and Beer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Everton, USA
The one on Sunday, July 8th at New England looks like it immediately follows the first team game too. I was already thinking of taking off on Monday and going up for the weekend. Now I have the chance of seeing two games.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team
Hell, the whole Southward could and SHOULD make the trip. Just sayin'.

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Why don't they have them right after our MLS games at RB arena lkike we used to do sometimes at G Stadium?

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur
i am in for seeing the April 28th game. but like some one else side they should just hlod it at RBA and make it free to the fans who go to the game like they do for the NYPD-FDNY game.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
What happened to June and August? Wish they could have more games on the schedule.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I don't have any desire to watch a reserve game. Reason being is that I don't believe our organization has any intention of developing any of these players for the 1st team in the future. If there is an opportunity for a 1st team player, I believe that the team will sign a veteran.

So I don't want to invest my time, effort and energy into kids that the club has no intention of ever using.

I think others that are interested should go and enjoy the games. That is just where I stand on it.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

TimKlotz

TimKlotz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Supports:GSFC, RBNY, WHUFC, USMNT
Went to a couple last season with a small group of about 8 guys. That's all you need to adequately heckle the opposing team and ref. I like that there's more on the weekends this season as most of last season's Reserve matches were on weekday mornings.
TimKlotz - GSU

What we have here is a failure to communicate
If you gonna hate, might at least get your rumors straight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users