• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

33rd St. weekend service returns today:
https://www.nj.com/t...rvice_retu.html

Weekend WTC service cuts during next season:
https://www.nj.com/t...ice_on_ano.html

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

good energetic crowd last night.  definitely not close to being a sellout though.  39 degrees at kickoff probably contributed to that.

i wonder what our Thurs night 7pm (!!!) game against atlanta will hold in store....

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

good ... crowd last night.  definitely not close to being a sellout ... 39 degrees at kickoff probably contributed

Combined with 7:30 PM game time, kickoff 7:55, and a goal down from the first leg. Still, lower bowl full (10k) & upstairs half-full (7,500) means close to a legit 18k.
Of course, ATL had >70,000 v. BoyCity.

i wonder what our Thurs night 7pm (!!!) game against atlanta will hold in store....

First leg result & weather forecast will also affect.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

good energetic crowd last night.  definitely not close to being a sellout though.  39 degrees at kickoff probably contributed to that.

It sounded phenomenal on TV, as good as I can ever remember. 

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I'll second this, it was really good.  There have been a couple of others (maybe the first boy city game at home) that were like this, but it was definitely up there. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

I'll second this, it was really good.  There have been a couple of others (maybe the first boy city game at home) that were like this, but it was definitely up there. 

This was the first big game I wasn't able to attend in many, many years, so I was even more gutted not to be there with how great it sounded. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I was at the game and the crowd fet energtic, but I was still surprised, when I watched the highlights, how well that translated to tv.

I watched highlights of all three matches on Sunday and I thought RBA sounded the loudest, despite what was probably the smallest crowd.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Some surprising news given that attendance is down. I guess they stopped providing so many comp tickets and flooding the secondary markets with cheap tickets (anecdotally this seems to be true; I was able to sell tickets for games I could not attend this season for a lot more than the past two years). 

http://www.roi-nj.co...rd-revenue-too/

We enjoyed a tremendous year, due to the hard work and effort from the club’s executive leadership team and front-office staff. We generated the highest revenue figures in franchise history this year, which included ticket sales revenue growing by 14 percent. For the first time in club history, we had 100 percent renewal from our marketing partners, and increased the number of total partners by 25 percent. The food and beverage per-caps at Red Bull Arena reached an all-time high, culminating in a total revenue record for the organization.

Merchandise and apparel sales in the Bull Shop, our team store located in Red Bull Arena, increased over 35 percent in 2018, while online sales skyrocketed nearly 55 percent. This is largely due to the team’s success, our fan-friendly players and the pride our supporters have in representing the club with the new red jersey that was released this season after years of fans campaigning for a jersey that reflected the team’s campaigns of ‘Red Together’ and ‘NYisRED.’

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
Still no real numbers on attendance.
My eyes tell me that there have been many games played before half-empty stadiums, although South Ward attendance has been great, IMO.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
14% increase in ticket revenue. I don't buy tix from rb so I'm not sure but did notice face value for 101 is ~$34 which is up from ~$28 last year if I remember correctly, so there's your increase on revenue without an increase in sales.

Fuck this guy

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

This just wreaks of bullshit. 

Using the eye test, to me, this year appeared to be the worst attendance we've had since RBA opened. Yet, somehow, there's a 14% increase in ticket revenue. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Some surprising news given that attendance is down. I guess they stopped providing so many comp tickets and flooding the secondary markets with cheap tickets (anecdotally this seems to be true; I was able to sell tickets for games I could not attend this season for a lot more than the past two years). 

http://www.roi-nj.co...rd-revenue-too/

This is fantastic of them to say because they now have no excuse whatsoever to not spend some of that record revenue this offseason. Unless they are bullshiting everyone, but we ALL know there's no chance of that!!!!!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

this year appeared to be the worst attendance we've had since RBA opened. Yet, somehow, there's a 14% increase in ticket revenue. 

Suggests that a lot of tickets distributed in previous seasons were freebies or heavily discounted.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

fantastic ... Unless they are bullshiting

An apt description of everything coming from the FO.

Another scam some FO functionary has conjured up,
is mandating autopay renewals for Red Membership.
That is typical of wine club & gym marketing.
Now, discontented STHs have to jump through hoops to cancel their season ticket. That is not the way a good business deals with its client base. It is slimy.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I actually can buy it. It seems to be a sports business trend that I have noticed taking off in other leagues. I know both the Florida Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes did it in the NHL. Reduce or end comp tickets and stop dumping cheap tickets on secondary markets (something teams claim they don't do but it seems pretty well known that they do). It seems to be primarily an attempt to prevent season tickets from being devalued by ludicrously cheap secondary market tickets. The result can be that actual attendance declines but paid attendance goes up. 

It's the age old question of whether to maintain a certain price point for your product or just try to get as many butts in seats as possible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users