Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,201 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Meara Collin Fidel Lade Muyl Etienne White I think were the 7 subs. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Metro..."

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Started training with the team on Friday or Saturday. Likely to make the bench during the next stretch of games.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,201 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

team FB acct welcomes Ivan to team officially after securing P1 visa. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Metro..."

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB
He was so trash last night; Id much rather see White, Abang or Beze come on when we need a goal.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Let's show at least a little patience with the guy.  I know knee jerk reactions are the order of the day around here, but let's let the guy get settled and fit before we judge.  Remember, when Henry and BWP were midseason arrivals, they didn't do a whole lot.  It was only after a full pre-season with the club that they started to produce.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
I was underwhelmed by him last night though willing to be patient. I dont agree with the decision for him to be first off the bench and that his skills were what we needed last night.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

odsum25

odsum25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I didn't think that he was that awful. He actually played a few far post crosses to where there should have been a trailing runner and he at least tried to make something happen.

That said, it will take him some time to adjust to the speed of play at this level.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,644 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I was underwhelmed ...

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=MkN_qkN5JLQ

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Let's show at least a little patience with the guy.  I know knee jerk reactions are the order of the day around here, but let's let the guy get settled and fit before we judge.  Remember, when Henry and BWP were midseason arrivals, they didn't do a whole lot.  It was only after a full pre-season with the club that they started to produce.

Agree with the sentiment, but for this year's playoff run we need him performing... this year. He needs to jell pronto or sit and wait for that pre-season.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,347 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Agree with the sentiment, but for this year's playoff run we need him performing... this year. He needs to jell pronto or sit and wait for that pre-season.

The only way he's going to get in synch is to get minutes.    We certainly aren't going to win a cup with Muyl there.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton

I didn't think he was terrible - he at least showed a creativity and willingness to do something, his long shot on goal was the closest thing to 'making something happen' that you saw in the last 15 minutes (except DE7 hitting the left corner flag from the right hand side of the 18.)

Hopefully he can get on the same page with the other guys, but they were all guilty of that kind of thing last night, you saw Kemar cut back a cross to no one, BWP and Royer miss each other etc.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I didn't think he was terrible

Cue the Ivan the Terrible jokes if he ends up being a dud:)

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

The only way he's going to get in synch is to get minutes.    We certainly aren't going to win a cup with Muyl there.

Muyl isn't starting anymore, and Ivan obviously was subbed on before him last night. I think the question is whether Ivan should be starting over Rza on the right. Answer is probably no at this stage, he has about a month to stake his claim.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Oh good we're doing the thing where we judge Europeans halfway through the season based on fringe sub minutes in a couple of appearances. Someone pull up the Rzatkowski comments from May. 

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Oh good we're doing the thing where we judge Europeans halfway through the season based on fringe sub minutes in a couple of appearances. Someone pull up the Rzatkowski comments from May. 

Erm, that's precisely the point. Rza was here in preseason and was playing in competitive games in February. He didn't become an automatic starter until June/July (admittedly, the injury didn't help). Ivan does not have 6 months ahead of him before the playoffs, so he needs to show something quickly. I'm not writing him off, just agreeing that midseason signing history isn't on his side (someone pointed out that Henry and BWP didn't contribute immediately upon arriving in the summer).

Also, I am strictly talking about contribution in our quest for MLS Cup this season, not about overall ability or future performances in 2019 and beyond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users