Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
Inter Miami who - cares New York

A fiery battle between two teams managing their irrelevance in a Covid-coated season. What a thrill.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

if we are going to continue with 3 in the back can we not play with 2 6s since Carnell sets up our wingbacks to play more like fullbacks.  

its hard watching these games but i'm pretty happy with yearwood so far at least.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
Nealis out, mines or omir in please!

Who cares what the formation is.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

if we are going to continue with 3 in the back can we not play with 2 6s since Carnell sets up our wingbacks to play more like fullbacks.  

its hard watching these games but i'm pretty happy with yearwood so far at least.

Agree with this
1 6 or at least higher fullbacks for this formation
Nealis has been good but I think we are best in 4231

even zakuaini on Mosso ever says we need one formation stick too it and need best out of kaku and Royer 

also lack of off ball movement is not good 

play mines at least he is aggressive and takes people on which can shift things around

also more tetteh how can he be that out of shape even i can play for 20 minutes - won’t be pleasant or fast but come on

hope he see lot more time with kaku and Royer on the field this game and next

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
Why not bring up 19 year old Omar Sowe to play up top with Tetteh? 10 games, 5 goals. Cant be worse than the law firm of White, Barlow, and Jorgensen.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Why not bring up 19 year old Omar Sowe?

Quarantine?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Quarantine?

like the one on our forwards scoring goals?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Nealis has been good but I think we are best in 4231

play mines at least he is aggressive and takes people on which can shift things around

also more tetteh how can he be that out of shape even i can play for 20 minutes - won’t be pleasant or fast but come on

hope he see lot more time with kaku and Royer on the field this game and next

You hit the nail in the head here. Replace Nealis with Mines, start Tetteh, and let's see what this team can do. Egbo for Pendant is another possibility. But no more 5 defenders and 2 forwards, there are already enough people falling asleep watching this team.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Why not bring up 19 year old Omar Sowe to play up top with Tetteh? 10 games, 5 goals. Cant be worse than the law firm of White, Barlow, and Jorgensen.

Sowe is still very raw. I'm usually a stats based performance guy, but Jorgensen scoring 11 goals in 21 games and Sowe scoring 7 goals in 15 games doesn't tell the whole story.

Jorgensen is just awful and based on his opportunities in the box in USL should have had 25 goals as a decent striker (and don't point to shots because he often watched the ball bounce by him or dribbled into defenders 1v1 killing opportunities over and over...also 3 times I saw him physically collide with Barlow or White while the ball bounced away).

Sowe converted from a defender and is still getting adjusted up front at the pro level. His two weaknesses are knowing where to be off the ball and what to do with the ball once he gets it (pass or shoot). With the speed of MLS, the learning curve would be difficult for Sowe. I think currently Jake LaCava would be more MLS ready than Sowe, but Sowe has a much higher upside if given time to progress.
However, right now, I would still take Sowe over Jorgensen.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Sowe is still very raw. I'm usually a stats based performance guy, but Jorgensen scoring 11 goals in 21 games and Sowe scoring 7 goals in 15 games doesn't tell the whole story.

Jorgensen is just awful and based on his opportunities in the box in USL should have had 25 goals as a decent striker (and don't point to shots because he often watched the ball bounce by him or dribbled into defenders 1v1 killing opportunities over and over...also 3 times I saw him physically collide with Barlow or White while the ball bounced away).

Sowe converted from a defender and is still getting adjusted up front at the pro level. His two weaknesses are knowing where to be off the ball and what to do with the ball once he gets it (pass or shoot). With the speed of MLS, the learning curve would be difficult for Sowe. I think currently Jake LaCava would be more MLS ready than Sowe, but Sowe has a much higher upside if given time to progress.
However, right now, I would still take Sowe over Jorgensen.

Think it's too early for Clark? I like what I've seen from him. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Think it's too early for Clark? I like what I've seen from him. 

I think he can slide in and be effective. He can control a game easily so I think he would be ready for the pace of MLS.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Now that you said that Sowe's gonna end up with an own goal on his debut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users