Ithics

Ithics

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Interests:Helpless yelling
  • Supports:Metro etc.

I for one am disappointed. This dude was the Chinese Democracy of midfielders. I mean, the anticipation....<br>

I do declare you to be the wit of the season, sir...
"I guess everybody has their own thing that they yell into a well", Bill Callahan

It's the hope I can't stand.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Does that mean that Joel is our "Appetite for Destruction"? Who's our November Rain?

Some folks here had Joes as Peter Canero 2.0.

...and it took D'Angelo a long time to put down the pipe, so we forgive him for not putting out an album.

Lauren Hill is just crazy by all accounts.

And it's been reported that Sade had her clitorious circumcized, so she's forgiven for anything she's done or didn't do for the rest of her life.

:cheers:

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metro-211-7

Metro-211-7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Sporting Lisbon
Two years ago, some on these boards argued vociferously that Brian Nielsen was better than Dane Richards and that Dane Richards had to leave.

Well, those might still think that Brian Nielsen is better than Dane Richards; I would not doubt it!
These high-IQ Margaritas are genious !!!
http://metrostarsint....blogs.sapo.pt/

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Two years ago, some on these boards argued vociferously that Brian Nielsen was better than Dane Richards and that Dane Richards had to leave.

2 years ago that was probably true! Dane has come a long way.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
Did he say "Dane has to go" or did he say "The Dane has to go"?

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios
Maybe a year late but... DING DONG!
Posted Image

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

2 years ago that was probably true! Dane has come a long way.

This is the same Dane that beat another highly touted midfielder from Salzburg, Markus Schopp back in 2008. Sure Dane had his limitations and low points but I dare anyone to say that he hasn't done what it takes to become a better player since Arena got him into the side.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Nothing personal aginst the guy, but his departure is probably something most fans here welcome.

His whole tenure here was just of from the first moment. He can here under somewhat suspicious circumstances in some starnge relationship fam out with Salzburg and the kid had some relationship with Soler's former agency. Not to mention hailed as DVB's replacement.

He comes here and immediately puts off the "this is benieth me" attitude then manages to be hurt for almost 2 full seasons, all while draining a decent salary and cap hit.

Now Salzburg doesn't even want him.

Bon voyage Brian, we hardly knew ya!
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

and come between you and your life partner ? Not that kind of guy

Looks like he's suggesting a threesome! :blink:
And wants you to be the meat in that sandwich! :huh:

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Wonderful news. I am crying tears of joy!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mecra

Mecra

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Did you hear Dyer on Seeing Red? He said Nielsen worked like crazy in physical therapy, so I don't hate him. If I was going through all that, I would be partying just as much.

keep it real on the mutha f'n field aight!

kubrick74

kubrick74

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Supports:Metro FC / US Nats
Brian Nielsen? I hate it when they cut all these American players...... :ph34r:

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Brian Nielsen? I hate it when they cut all these American players...... :ph34r:

Nielsen wasn't exactly cut; he was removed from the roster because his loan ran out... And he was removed a month and a half later after he should have been.

Besides, last we heard from Soler is that he is giving Nielsen a chance to win his spot back...
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

kubrick74

kubrick74

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Supports:Metro FC / US Nats

Nielsen wasn't exactly cut; he was removed from the roster because his loan ran out... And he was removed a month and a half later after he should have been.

Besides, last we heard from Soler is that he is giving Nielsen a chance to win his spot back...

Ok, he wasnt "cut". He was jettisoned, along with the rest of the dead weight. Also, I think the chance to win his spot back was your aforementioned month and a half.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Ok, he wasnt "cut". He was jettisoned, along with the rest of the dead weight. Also, I think the chance to win his spot back was your aforementioned month and a half.

February 7th: http://www.tipsblade...a-brian-nielsen

We believe Brian's situation from day to day, and our decision will be based on whether he is 100 percent ready, and if he has a chance to fight for places on the team. We must assess whether he needs more time to get ready, and he has it, we need to see whether it is best for him to have the time here or somewhere else.
- Right now we think he is close to being 100 percent, but there is some way from being included in the initial phase to be on full power in a league match. We got the Brian to do this because we think he is a special talent - a player who can make a difference. But we also have a strong team without him, and we need during the next time find out what is best for him, says the New York Red Bulls' sporting director Erik Soler to tipsbladet.dk.

Yes, it's possible the decision was made between then and now. Possible.
MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users