https://twitter.com/...9990931458?s=21

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro
An out and out winger rated highly by berhalter and at the YNT level solid pick up but just confuses me even more on the direction and formation Struber intends to play

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

That would be pretty exciting.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
https://en.m.wikiped...Cameron_Harper_(soccer)

https://www.glasgowl...harper-19621577

https://mlsmultiplex...s-celtic-debut/
I watched the game and thought the team played better while he was on the field, although he was not a major influence.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

At least in concept, this is an ideal signing. Good enough for Celtic to want to keep him, will be a domestic player but has a European passport for a potential big sale in the future. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

An out and out winger rated highly by berhalter and at the YNT level solid pick up but just confuses me even more on the direction and formation Struber intends to play

Played CF in Celtics last match out of necessity. Figure Royer and one of Barlow/White are gone post 2021?

Harper and Haksabanovic in.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

usually in the skinny diamonds one of the forwards is responsible for making runs that drag defenders into the wide channels for the other forward and CAM to fill in.  So in some ways Harper may be ideal for that role with his winger background.  Like this move a lot. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Relatively young and with almost no first team experience in a crappy league. I think this is a move for the future.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Still would like a target man to pair with Haksabanovic but I dont know if thats feasible with Barlow, White, Royer already on the roster and Harper coming in the summer.

Is it possible hed be on a supplemental level contract, or senior level?

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Everyone figured it was a sure sign he'd move to the 4-4-2 diamond full time, but maybe he just thought our wingers were shit?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Relatively young and with almost no first team experience in a crappy league. I think this is a move for the future.

The "crappy league" thing kind of loses meaning when he's on Celtic. There's a difference between not being able to crack a CL team and not being able to crack Dundee United. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Everyone figured it was a sure sign he'd move to the 4-4-2 diamond full time, but maybe he just thought our wingers were shit?

To be fair his entire coaching career which isnt super extensive hes only played a diamond or a 3-4-1-2

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Feels like we have too many bodies right now. Have a hard time seeing how there's playing time for all of Royer, Kaku, Valot, Omir, Clark, Barlow, White, Saed, and Harper. Maybe you can push Omir and Harper into part-time USL duty but even then it's crowded.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Feels like we have too many bodies right now. Have a hard time seeing how there's playing time for all of Royer, Kaku, Valot, Omir, Clark, Barlow, White, Saed, and Harper. Maybe you can push Omir and Harper into part-time USL duty but even then it's crowded.

Depends on if Valot and Clark are played more as 8s.  If they are, the forward/attacking mid group really is Royer, Kaku, White, Haksa, Barlow, Omir and Harper with harper not coming until the summer.  Barlow skill wise is better a 4th string forward which is what he would be in this scenario.   6 guys for 3 slots is pretty normal. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Would be a summer signing. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users