387 replies to this topic

redbullandvodka

redbullandvodka

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I'm disappointed in the people dismissing Dax like this.  There's something to be said for the off the field stuff he brought to the club.  Just a great all around guy that people enjoyed rooting for, which isn't so easily replaced.  And even if you felt he was in a decline, I don't see how 200k of allocation money they're just gonna use to buy down someone else's contract for the next two years is a good deal.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

from what "Remy" told me on twitter...

the oyongo-alexander for felipe trade occurred, with the sacha being selected in that other draft allocation happened pretty quickly. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Who am I kidding, anyone who's been around long enough to be fed up with all the crap is too old and tired to cause any trouble, and most fans of recent vintage think everything the Austrians do is just swell. RED BULL SPONSORS MY BOY NADESHOT BRAH!

This.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
Metro legend. One of the all time greats for the club. Sad day. He will be missed.

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I think the writing was on the wall when Dax got hurt last season and Davis filled in admirably. I think most of us will end up missing the person Dax was more than the player. I'm going to miss the Spanish announcer calling him the "Ginga Ninja." I'm going to miss the passion he brought to this team. With all that said, I'm also excited for the Baby Bulls to get their chance to shine. Thank You Dax for your service! 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

January is a tough month for our legends.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

January 2018, we might have to go through this again with someone else, I think. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Father Ted

Father Ted

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

This is a salary dump. They know Davis can slot in there and also give time to Adams.  But they won't be splashing this cash, we're already way under the cap.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Does the front office view Davis as an adequate replacement or do they feel he's the better option? If it's the latter, the trade starts to feel ok. Dax is not a bench player at this point and if Davis was going to put him there, trading Dax makes sense.

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut

They get the benefit of the doubt for the time being, but if all they have to show for themselves are more academy signings a month from now, I fully expect pitchforks and torches marching toward the gates of Red Bull Arena.

Who am I kidding, anyone who's been around long enough to be fed up with all the crap is too old and tired to cause any trouble, and most fans of recent vintage think everything the Austrians do is just swell. RED BULL SPONSORS MY BOY NADESHOT BRAH!

Correct. At one point, I could move. Now I'm just immobile...

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

January 2018, we might have to go through this again with someone else, I think. 

That move would be much harder to swallow.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
will this offseason get any worse before it gets better?
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
A day later and it feels like Dax retired. Chicago (up there with the Dynamo) is the most non-existent MLS franchise ever. Poop team, old and boring stadium, perrenial suckage.

Also I don't understand why the club is trying to start a #ThankYouDax hashtag. That is something you use after the guy retires or decides to move on to another team. If they really wanted to thank him they never would have traded him. Seems goofy from the club's PR department.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

A day later and it feels like Dax retired. Chicago (up there with the Dynamo) is the most non-existent MLS franchise ever. Poop team, old and boring stadium, perrenial suckage.

Also I don't understand why the club is trying to start a #ThankYouDax hashtag. That is something you use after the guy retires or decides to move on to another team. If they really wanted to thank him they never would have traded him. Seems goofy from the club's PR department.

poop?  yeah they took a big dump early

The Fire won the MLS Cup as well as the U.S. Open Cup (the "double") on their first season. They have also won U.S. Open Cups in 2000, 2003, and 2006; in addition to the 2003 MLS Supporters' Shield.

granted a quite last decade.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Who is that? SK16 is entering the final year of his deal. I would assume he is most definitely worth keeping if he has a season this year comparable to last season. His game isn't built remotely on speed and he likely has a longer shelf life, but is still 31 at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users