Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
I'll start with who should go:

1) Marsch -- I like the guy but this is the second year in a row where the team had had an easy path to hosting a championship game and they blew it. Marsch has one formation and gets the job done in the regular season but is clueless on how to respond to any sort of adversity. Numerous blown leads and lackadaisical playoff efforts. Players constantly injured in practice. He's gotta go. Thanks for the regular season success but take your choker mentality elsewhere.

2) Dax -- He is a great locker room guy but he has been around here for too long and hasn't been able to get it done. Let Davis play in his position next year and use the Dax money for better defenders.

3) Veron -- Hasn't been able to stick, whether it is a rift with Marsch or what. Dump him and spend the salary toward a goal scoring midfielder like Piatti or Valeri.

4) Zizzo/Zubar -- Useless and too often injured. A major overhaul on defense is needed next season with an emphasis on a youth movement. Duvall should be a bench guy too.

5) SWP -- Totally washed up.

Offseason shopping list: forward, goalscoring midfielder, winger to push Muyl to the bench (him and Grella are bench guys IMO), multiple defenders, and a coach who can use more than one formation and have the ability to win pressure games.

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York
I'd still like to stick Marsch. I think getting rid of him would too knee-jerk, he deserves another season atleast.

SWP definitely should go. Zubar can go, Omar Damari can go.

I think they should bring in a couple guys from the USL team for next year, I'd like to see a system of younger guys stepping up, instead of filling in holes with journeymen.

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York
I'd like to stick WITH Marsch. *

Would be TOO knee jerk. *

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
We should fire everyone and burn the stadium to the ground. Wait, this is a hyperbole contest, right?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Gone:
Reynish, Zizzo, Ouimette, Zubar, SWP, Veron, Damari, Abang

Trade:
Grella (role can be filled by Royer, Muyl, Etienne and a starting LW for next year) & Dax (still a ton of value but Davis and Adams can play in his place as can about 3-4 USL guys. His passing this season was not sharp at all).

Keepers:
Robles, Meara, Diaz

DEF:
Duvall, New RB, Collin, DP, Baah, New CB, Lawrence, Lade,
Bubble: Long, Bilyeu

DM:
Felipe, Davis, Adams
Bubble: Metzger

MID:
New RW, Royer, Kljestan, Etienne, New LW, Muyl, New CAM

FWD:
BWP, New Striker, New Target forward, Allen
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Think we'd be nuts to get rid of Marsch.  This team plays so far above their talent level because of him.  THe playoffs are luck for the most part so the idea is to just keep making it and then we'll eventually win it all.

My list:

Zubar: Costs a lot and is hurt too much to matter.  Not a garbage player, but someone we can live without.  Go with Collin and Baah/Perinelle next year

Veron: Your DP's have to be your best players and he's simply not one of our best players.  He does some nice things at times, but not consistently enough.

Dax:  Older and costs a ton.  Team looked the same or better with Davis when Dax was out of the lineup.  Get younger, save the money for different positions.  Also helps get Tyler Adams more minutes and that kid is gonna be a star.

Zizzo:  Just not a good player.  Gotta be something else.

Ouimette - Not a good player

SWP - FInished

Would also not have a huge issue trying to trade BWP. In my opinion, we need someone better with the ball in the air.  A real aerial threat to score.  IN the playoffs or games where you need a goal, you just can't play the ball on the floor as much.  I'll take fewer goals in the regular season for more in the postseason.

Starters on day 1 next year for me will be:

-------------BWP------------

Royer----Sacha-------Muyl

--------Felipe--Davis

Taxi Baah Collin Lade

Roll on... And focus everything you can towards getting more dynamic offense players.  Preferably in the air, because in the playoffs I believe you need it.  Move Ettienne up as well. SHould be our 4th winger behind Royer, Muyl, and Grella.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Zubar (expensive and injury prone), SWP (old), Ouimette (not very good), and Damari (loanee with seemingly little interest in being here) are the only sure-fire goners in my book.

What's Dax's contract situation? He's been clear that he wants to wrap up his career in Orlando and would be a free agent under the new roster rules, would he have any say in the matter if another MLS team was willing to trade for him?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Grella - He's a crutch for Marsch.

Veron - The guy is wasting whatever skills he has here. Not a Marsch guy, let him go play somewhere.

Zizzo - USL level player, we have a bunch of champion USL players that could replace him.

Zubar - Too injury prone, wrong side of 30.

SWP - He'll just retire, right?

I want to say Marsch if he doesn't adjust his way of integrating players.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
Agree with most of what's being said, but:

Is Grella so expensive we can't keep him as a backup?
Give Marsch one more year. If he fails in playoffs again, well...
On fence about Dax, I think he's definitely on the way down, and Davis is ready to replace him. But depth and so and so forth.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Don't think you can put Davis in Dax's spot. You lose so much defensively. Dax's passing wasn't sharp this season but he was a absolute terror, and all over the field when he came back from injury. 

Assume you see Zubar and SWP gone. Maybe you see Omar, Ouimette, Zizzo, and possibly Veron gone?

Startling line up for me day one next year would be:

BWP

LM - SK16 - Royer

Felipe - Dax

Taxi - Collin - Baah - Lade

Robles

Bench: Forward (Allen?), Grella, Davis, Adams,  Duvall, DP, Meara

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

Is Grella so expensive we can't keep him as a backup?

With Grella its not that he's expensive, its just that we have a wealth of options on the wing.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Don't think you can put Davis in Dax's spot. You lose so much defensively. Dax's passing wasn't sharp this season but he was a absolute terror, and all over the field when he came back from injury. 

Assume you see Zubar and SWP gone. Maybe you see Omar, Ouimette, Zizzo, and possibly Veron gone?

Startling line up for me day one next year would be:

BWP
LM - SK16 - Royer
Felipe - Dax
Taxi - Collin - Baah - Lade
Robles

Bench: Forward (Allen?), Grella, Davis, Adams,  Duvall, DP, Meara

I wouldn't part with Dax yet. I do want see Davis get a lot more time though. Every other game rest Dax or Felipe and give Davis that start.

With Grella its not that he's expensive, its just that we have a wealth of options on the wing.

And the fact that Marsch wants to play him. Jesse goes back to Grella whenever he can. I'd rather see guys like Etienne get time there. Etienne is not going to develop at a good enough pace in USL at this point.

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Supports:redbulls

Need some kind of big time player. This team has been close last 4 or 5 yrs., but just not good enough....  Need to make some changes.....

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

The only thing I am sure of is that Veron sucks.  We could get some one way better for the money.  Everyone else I think is work keeping.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

And the fact that Marsch wants to play him. Jesse goes back to Grella whenever he can. I'd rather see guys like Etienne get time there. Etienne is not going to develop at a good enough pace in USL at this point.

If Veron couldn't get playing time because of his poor defense, then Etienne has no shot. His only MLS cameo this season was the epitome of running around like a headless chicken. I'd bet they bring him on at the back end of the roster and get him a handful of games, but keep him with the USL team for the most part. Basically what they did with Adams this year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users