597 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

It always comes down to can this FO go out and get a replacement.

We already desperately need a DP 9 and although I could see Clark being a good option we still would need a DP attacking mid somewhere either 10 or winger, if Kaku leaves.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They were stupid in holding on to him for so long. Shoukd have sold him to liga mx when they had the chance. Time to cut losses and move on.

Hindsight 20/20 yes.

If your winning coach is going to leave in the middle of a winning season, be replaced by Armas, and you have no plans on improving the squad...then yes. Should have let him go for a profit.

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

Hindsight 20/20 yes. Should have let him go for a profit.

Wasnt the America bid less than what RB paid for Kaku? I remember (perhaps incorrectly) that was the issue with letting him go to MX.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Wasnt the America bid less than what RB paid for Kaku? I remember (perhaps incorrectly) that was the issue with letting him go to MX.

I want to say it was identical - if you include all the ancillary costs of acquisition (e.g. lawyers) it would be less I guess, but my recollection was identical transfer fee.  

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
Kaku and Clark are as good as gone. Looks like there is no action during MLS free agency. Heres to looking forward to winter transfer window :-)

This is going to be worse than last winter.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I would give him more $$ and a contract extension under the condition that he fires his agent. If he refuses, sell him before the start of season.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Kaku and Clark are as good as gone. Looks like there is no action during MLS free agency. Heres to looking forward to winter transfer window :-)

It's been like three fucking days and the European window isn't even open yet Jesus Christ

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I refuse to be this pessimistic. We signed one starter last winter, Pendant, and he was arguably the weakest of our starting XI.

We have a new GM who has his feet settled and a coach they actually spent money to bring in. I'm confident they'll do more than last year to give Struber a roster he can work with.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

It's been like three fucking days and the European window isn't even open yet Jesus Christ

There are some decent players available right now in MLS free agency. Yet the team is waiting for the euro transfer window to do what?

bring in bums from lower divisions who dont even play. Players that can Fight for minutes with Tom Barlow and Sean Davis?

Give me a break.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

There are some decent players available right now in MLS free agency. Yet the team is waiting for the euro transfer window to do what?

bring in bums from lower divisions who dont even play. Players that can Fight for minutes for minutes with Tom Barlow and Sean Davis?

Give me a break.

Who's out there that you think is going to get us meaningfully closer to a Cup?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

I refuse to be this pessimistic. We signed one starter last winter, Pendant, and he was arguably the weakest of our starting XI.

We have a new GM who has his feet settled and a coach they actually spent money to bring in. I'm confident they'll do more than last year to give Struber a roster he can work with.

So your optimistic for what? Thellwell removes the spigot and somehow they're going to spend money?

You think class players are coming through the door? Look at the trends. They kept Barlow on the roster?! With Kaku gone we need 5-6 class players. I'll be happy to eat these words, but not going to happen.

Dumping Armas a month earlier and cutting Barlow at the end of this season says ok, these guys know what there doing. But neither happened.

New accents, same story.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Who's out there that you think is going to get us meaningfully closer to a Cup?

Bring in fagundez and Morrow. Wont win a cup, but that shows your trying to upgrade talent.

Stop under-estimating MLS. Farm club promotions or 21 year olds from ligue B, who dont play will not be impact players.

Spend money!

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

So your optimistic for what? Thellwell removes the spigot and Somehow theyre going to spend money?

You think class players are coming through the door? Look at the trends. They kept Barlow on the roster?! With Kaku gone we need 5-6 class players. Ill be happy to eat these words but not happening.

Dumping Armas a month earlier and cutting Barlow at the end of this season says ok, these guys know what there doing. But neither happened.

New accents, same story.

Optimistic because there is an entirely new management coaching group with solid EPL resumes - why do you think these guys came? I am all for realistic pessimism, but don't be negative just to be negative - its a shitty way to live. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Bring in fagundez and Morrow. Wont win a cup, but That shows your trying to upgrade talent.

Stop underestimating MLS. Farm club promotions or 21 year olds from ligue B, who dont play will not be impact players.

Spend money!

What am I missing on Fagundez?   He hasn't done shit in a long time.  Does Morrow even fit our system, especially at 33?    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios

This team really will never win a cup. Oof. 

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users