285 replies to this topic

Matrim55

Matrim55

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros
It sounded like a trainwreck on TV yesterday. So disappointing.

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers

Awesome!

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

When we're on ESPN they put a mic in front of the ESC. MSG doesn't.
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

soccerfreak9210

soccerfreak9210

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Roma, Nats
I don't give a fuck if Toronto, LA, or Houston have separated SGs... they're doing it wrong. I say this year after year - we should be past the whole "just make noise" ideology. We have to be loud and clear in one voice. That is the goal and all three sections need to be a part of it.

I mean, being ultra' means representing your background and culture as fans - well A LOT of folks in SW have that spanish background and if the people in GSS call for it to go, they are going against their own beliefs. Ignoring the fact that the spanish songs truly represent this area is ridiculous.

How about this, after every spanish song ESC/Viking starts, GSS gets to start the next song?

We think new people will honestly join when they see all these egos in the air? But nah, everyone is just happier worrying about themselves and reliving the good old days when there were 50 guys in 101 at GS but DAMN were they all passionate! Let's see some true passion and leadership - step up and truly bring back those days of fun and passion except with 1500 people, not 50.

Ilikebeer

Ilikebeer

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Supports:Unlimited Data Plans
I did not intend his to be a sg v sg v sg issue or thread, but a regulate the secTions better. dumb drummers, random singers, 5 people with mic's.

alsi chairs.
-I am very likely pooping right now, or on the N/Q train.

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls
Watching the re play rigth now on MSG sw sounds like a stampede ! Family says what are you guys doing lol....
what just happen!

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
Remember everyone: It's about making a point of your own beliefs instead of sucking up your pride and being united for YOUR team.

Forza mediocre in the South Ward!

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I think you guys should always dutifully report a broken chair. The correct person is always punished and maybe the FO will give you a nice pat on the head. :)+

I don't think anyone is looking to get a pat on the head here, Mike, and the general chair issue & yours from last season are I think two separate issues, one which can be handled well and one that was not.

I think it's about recognizing that if we have 9-10 people that keep killing chairs, they'll bring jackets back, and then it'll suck for all 1500 people. Bad math, that, and selfish to boot. We are here to let everyone have a good time, not so that a handful of people can get their rocks off with impunity. The SW is there so that we all have a place to have fun, not to be an environment free of consequences.

And, by the way, those people can still be drunk, get (95% of) their rocks off and have fun, if they were just a bit smarter about it.

It's one thing to stand on a chair, it's another to be dumb about it. If you are going to do it, go up for 3-5 seconds, help get people riled up, and go back down. Standing on the tops/backs for like 1 minute + at a time, just draws attention from the security and makes it an issue. I've gotten texts from stadium security in the past ('You've got a guy standing on a chair in row 8...'). They see this stuff, it would be ignorant to assume that they don't.

Finally, if you are going to go on a chair, put your foot over the one in front of you, lean forward, and stand on the base of the prior row. You aren't up vs. your row, but you are up over theirs, and the center of the chair is holding your weight, it won't break. Putting a quarter of your foot all the way at the end like you're on a ladder, and then pogo-ing, will snap it.

I would never tell someone not to have fun, but, we can all be smart about it.

And, I'm down for 1 game in the SW with no drums whatsoever. At least for a half.

1 bass & 1 snare in 101 is more than enough for 101, should never have more than that. Getting 133/102 that sound, however, is harder. I'm not sure about the time lag, but, it might be easier to mike 1 drum & not any of the singers, with no other drums in the SW. That way you get the beat, but not the "1 dude screaming into a bullhorn" effect, and even if one section was doing other songs, etc, it wouldn't be two drums on different beats, just voices. Just an idea.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Too many chiefs. Time will play itself out.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN

Too many chiefs.

for the record there is only 1 of me

Rob Money

Rob Money

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
The torrent i found is off of TSN. We sound like shit and the Montreal guys sound better.

edit. the dude on the mic during the first half sounds drunk.

FC Red Bulls

FC Red Bulls

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
I'm no sound buff but can we get one drum in 101 connected to an app and speakers in the other two sections?

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls

I'm no sound buff but can we get one drum in 101 connected to an app and speakers in the other two sections?

I said bring Anna Nicole out if retirement .... Who has that big ass bass drum?
what just happen!

ChickenGrease

ChickenGrease

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I have no reason to believe that there needs to be more than 1 capo. There is also no need for drums in the other sections. 1 person starts the song and everyone gets on it. Adding 2 more people to control the timing and rhythm of the song adds unnecessary complications. Not to mention that having 3 sections with different ideologies gets in the way of deciding the song list throughout the game. 1 capo with a megaphone and 1 row of drums and that's it. If people in 102 or 133 have trouble seeing the capo (don't see how but whatever) they can just jump on the song being sung by the people next to them. That's what we did in GS since there were no capos and it worked great.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I said bring Anna Nicole out if retirement .... Who has that big ass bass drum?

It's still down there, we just need to tune it to sound good again. ESC has 4 drums down there:

- Harold's with the ESC skins on it
- The white Trixion drum we bought going into 2010 that we were playing yesterday
- Anna Nicole- the large blue yamaha drum
- The 22" red drum that RBNY gave us in '06 that is falling apart but still plays pretty normal; GSS was using it yesterday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users