423 replies to this topic

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ
Are we to read into this that BWP will get to choose how and when he leaves the team? We have had some difficult breakups recently, so it would be nice to have BWP for the duration of his (hopefully very long) career.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,104 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Has anyone worn 14 lately?

Not since Titi. Don't retire it officially, just don't issue it.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Not since Titi. Don't retire it officially, just don't issue it.

I loved Henry when he was here but I don't think he deserves the honor. If we won an MLS Cup during his time here then absolutely. Funny thing is he would probably say the same thing lol

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Who retired a jersey when the player is still playing? Could of waited and had a big event. Dropped the ball here.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

guy deserves it.

would have liked to have something before a game or an announced after game event

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Who retired a jersey when the player is still playing? Could of waited and had a big event. Dropped the ball here.

This is one of the few times I think the RB front office did the right thing. They could have totally waited until he retired and have a retirement ceremony night to sell more tickets. Front office rewarded the fans who attended tonight and  all fans who attends regularly. The only ones who stayed for the ceremony were the fans that truly love the team year in and year out despite all the fuck ups over the years.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Are we to read into this that BWP will get to choose how and when he leaves the team? We have had some difficult breakups recently, so it would be nice to have BWP for the duration of his (hopefully very long) career.

I sure hope so. If we dump BWP to Colorado for allocation cash or some shit like that, it will be a FAR bigger travesty than any trade weve ever made.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,047 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the RB front office did the right thing. They could have totally waited until he retired and have a retirement ceremony night

There will still be a big retirement ceremony.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

This is one of the few times I think the RB front office did the right thing. They could have totally waited until he retired and have a retirement ceremony night to sell more tickets. Front office rewarded the fans who attended tonight and  all fans who attends regularly. The only ones who stayed for the ceremony were the fans that truly love the team year in and year out despite all the fuck ups over the years.

I 100% disagree and think they severely dropped the ball. BWP 100% is the GOAT but retiring a number while the guy is still going is weird first and foremost. Second off, he deserves more than some rushed segment after a nothing match in the beginning of August. Rewarding fans is garbage too. I couldn't be there because of something else going on, but for something like that I probably would of made it work.

FO has been garbage since I started following the teams. Never ceases to amaze me how often they get it wrong.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I 100% disagree and think they severely dropped the ball. BWP 100% is the GOAT but retiring a number while the guy is still going is weird first and foremost. Second off, he deserves more than some rushed segment after a nothing match in the beginning of August. Rewarding fans is garbage too. I couldn't be there because of something else going on, but for something like that I probably would of made it work.

FO has been garbage since I started following the teams. Never ceases to amaze me how often they get it wrong.

Lol

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,104 posts

BWP just played his 198th game in all competitions, which means he passed Petke and is tied with Dax for 2nd all-time. (Robles is first with 228.)

He is also 7th all-time in assists!

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

It's making the rounds on MLS sites, but he's also the first to have 15+ goals in 5 consecutive seasons.  Both BWP and Keane were tied at 4 for the record before tonight.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,473 posts

Goal 101.  BWP  :)

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,047 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Goal 101.  BWP  :)

https://www.mlssocce...traight-seasons
Pushing an MLS all-time best. Certainly in goals:
https://www.mlssocce...m/stats/alltime
3 more equals DeRo at 104.
Outside chance of hitting 108 this year,
which would tie Kamara & Kreis for 6th all-time.
Reasonable production next season would find him alone in 5th, passing Razov, who has 114.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

BWP has scored 12 goals against NYCFC.  All NYCFC players have scored 13 goals against the Red Bulls.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users