26 replies to this topic

Belshina

Belshina

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Juventus, Real Madrid

I'm not sold on Lade as a "gem" quite yet. I like his energy and speed, but those assets aren't overcoming the fact he's a puny featherweight that gets knocked off the ball in any mildly physical challenge. But at least he has hustle, which is more than i can say for a LOT of the team.

basically if we could put Lade's heart into Marquezes body....we would have a dream player

Remy

Remy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Supports:Seasonal Hand Fruit

how that hell does he knows he is not ready ! if Voulo has not play an official game..... What a way to kill the kids confidence.

He's been playing in the reserve league, where we're 1-2-2 with a -1 GD.

It's not a huge sample size, but five reserve games and seeing him in practice is probably enough to be able to give a good assessment as to whether he is ready to start for the senior team.

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Yeah, we should have all of our starters go down with injuries so that all the bench players could show what hidden gems they are? :wacko:

Why do you think that is so different from other teams? I've watched a huge number of teams in multiple sports over four decades and it always the same story. The hidden gems emerge due to opportunities created by injured starters missing games.

In football it is almost routine since there is such a high injury toll.

Lade was praised by Backe in preseason and Barklage was kept on the roster while others were cut and he got the nod to play over Borrajo, despite it not being his "natural" position, when injuries presented the opportunity. They may have been hidden to you, but they weren't to the coaching staff who preferred them over other choices. But yes, it took injuries to give them the field time.

I don't hear anyone begging Hans to sit Henry so that Arteaga can get more time to prove himself, or McCarty, Lindpere or Solli so that we can get a look at Maduro, or hoping Conde or Pearce don't recover so that Ruthven can get some added minutes.

What Barklage has showed is that he is definitively better than Solli at RB and somehow "Clueless" managed to keep him here despite his being clueless.

The "Clever" handle was hyperbole and the "Clueless" nickname is the same, just in the opposite direction.

Ironically, it was Barklage who made the inexperienced mistake of defending space rather than the player that made Seattle's first goal look too easy. So, was Hans clueless for playing him afterall? Or is Hans clueless for not starting Vuolo? You can't have it both ways...except on MF.

Spoken like a true Hans apologist. Nice to extrapolate and make things up I never said. But that's what Hansapologists do.

Vinny

Vinny

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, LosTicos by Marriage

basically if we could put Lade's heart into Marquezes body....we would have a dream player

So true, so true. The kid might not have the reach also defending, but size let's him get up close and personal.

-Vinny
Wasting away on another forum, oh joy!

Grimnitz

Grimnitz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hertha BSC, FC Harlem
:blink:

If it was not for injuries Clueless would not have been able to find out that barkladge and lade were mls ready. Me thinks Vuoa;o should have beeen given a chance like Lade and Barkladge were as he might just be a hidden gem.

Yes because our performance in the Reserves doesn't indicate anything. They will play much better against first stringers than benchwarmers keeping fit. Yeah.
"What do I have to do to get you into my van?"~Konrad

“Sellouts are extremely important to us for what we're trying to start here.”-Chris Heck
http://www.facebook.com/VikingArmySC

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

how that hell does he knows he is not ready ! if Voulo has not play an official game..... What a way to kill the kids confidence.

Its easier to take a person's opinions seriously if they aren't negative 100% of the time, just throwin that out there...

I truly don't understand the mindset of a lot of RB fans that players should be tossed into the first team just for the sake of testing to see how they'd do, regardless of whether they've earned the minutes in training or reserve games.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Spoken like a true Hans apologist. Nice to extrapolate and make things up I never said. But that's what Hansapologists do.

Haha!

So just why do I have to hate the winningest coach in our franchise's history? Just because he hasn't yet played a young unheralded goalie that none of us have ever seen play?

Seems to me that he has actually done pretty well given what I read on these boards about the meagre talent we have assembled. Our DP's are wussies and pieces of shit, our erstwhile LW is a lightweight, our CM can't cross, our RW who had a zero soccer IQ has been replaced by an aging temp, our CB's are either injured or useless, our RB is playing in a new position, our LB is slow and can't mark, our DM can't pass for dickshit and our goalie is a rookie.

Oh yeah, and we have no depth, but we should play our bench anyways over our starters to not hurt anyone's feelings.

I think Hans should be coach of the year for making do with this motley crew of one legged men and halfwits. :lol:

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Haha!

So just why do I have to hate the winningest coach in our franchise's history?

Because he sucks?
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

hoboken16

hoboken16

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Pompey

How many 25 year old keepers do we have playing regular minutes in MLS?

Besides Meara
Johnson (Chicago), Hamid (Scum), MacMath (Bimbos) are younger than 25

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull

in Marquez' body ? the same one that can't stay on the field for more than twenty minutes ? great idea !

grillcheesy

grillcheesy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Supports:US, Red Bulls, Yankees
Mistake

jroke

jroke

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:anyone BUT redbull
Let's see....

"MLS ready" Marquez injured/suspended once again, McCarty takes his place.
"MLS ready" Miller sucks ass, Lade forced to play .
"MLS ready" Solli sucks ass, Barklage forced to play .
"MLS ready" Vuolo brought in with "euroexperience" and sits for kid from yonkers
"MLS ready" Holgersson is brought in and is swedish version of Taylor Graham
"MLS ready" Borrajo is brought in, has yet to see the light of day
"MLS ready" Tainio can't tie his shoes without spraining an ankle
"MLS ready" Ballshitty on a team DEVOID of an A-mid can't make first string

Backe sure knows what "MLS ready" is all about doesn't he ? :)+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users