55 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Because theyre cheap we should be too!

why are you passing on the big opportunity to help educate academy kids? 

also, Do the host families get $$? 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

why are you passing on the big opportunity to help educate academy kids? 

also, Do the host families get $$? 

I threw out the flier. Sorry.

Ive already got two kids, but in the future Ill reconsider.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Their general lack of interest or investment outside of the first few seasons at RBA says it all.

They've invested a fortune in New York: RBA, the training facility, RB2, the Academy. It's just that they haven't invested in the pieces the first team needs to put us in the best position to navigate a playoff tournament and win a Cup.  Their investment has primarily been toward player development, with the goal of ultimately producing talent for Leipzig. Fortunately it's led to a competitive side that's been able to win a few Shields, but unfortunately no Cups...and now the days of spending on an Henry or Cahill are over.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

sending me letters asking me to house an academy kid

Are they confusing you with Kaku?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

They've invested a fortune in New York: RBA, the training facility, RB2, the Academy. It's just that they haven't invested in the pieces the first team needs to put us in the best position to navigate a playoff tournament and win a Cup.  Their investment has primarily been toward player development, with the goal of ultimately producing talent for Leipzig. Fortunately it's led to a competitive side that's been able to win a few Shields, but unfortunately no Cups...and now the days of spending on an Henry or Cahill are over.

Theyve invested a lot but also made a lot in asset appreciation since the purchase.

Chicago was just sold for a valuation over (iirc) $400M, and theyre a tenant at Soldier Field going forwards. RB likely invested more than $150m between the stadium & other facilities plus funding operating losses, but are sitting on something worth well north of double that amount.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Chicago was just sold for a valuation over (iirc) $400M.

https://www.forbes.c...impression=true
Seller had paid $35.Million for the franchise.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Are they confusing you with Kaku?

That would be pretty stupid on their part so probably yes.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

It is very odd how much money they have put into the academy, RB2, the stadium, Kaku, and then go and be the 2nd lowest spending team in the league by salary....

Also, you would think that with the league growing so rapidly, another NY team arriving, but many NY area fans still up for grabs, now would be a very, very important time in their investment...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

It is very odd how much money they have put into the academy, RB2, the stadium, Kaku, and then go and be the 2nd lowest spending team in the league by salary....

Also, you would think that with the league growing so rapidly, another NY team arriving, but many NY area fans still up for grabs, now would be a very, very important time in their investment...

odd is an understatement. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

I threw out the flier. Sorry.

Ive already got two kids, but in the future Ill reconsider.

Thats great.  This is the big chance to ensure these kids have proper training and known how to play soccer correctly.  Just think how great they can be getting Red Bull academy training + the Koko special skills and motivation training.  ustoppable

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Thats great.  This is the big chance to ensure these kids have proper training and known how to play soccer correctly.  Just think how great they can be getting Red Bull academy training + the Koko special skills and motivation training.  ustoppable

My special skills include entertaining small children and drinking excessively on game day. Sort of like a very sad clown.

As for motivation...Imagine grumpy cat (RIP) as a motivational speaker. Thats me.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
They have Leipzig now. The very important time for this franchise is making sure Tyler Adams makes it to JFK 2 hours prior to departure so that he makes his flight to Frankfurt.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

They have Leipzig now. The very important time for this franchise is making sure Tyler Adams makes it to JFK 2 hours prior to departure so that he makes his flight to Frankfurt.

I just think it's odd that we don't get the high profile loans from Leipzig like a Jean-Kevin Augustin. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

nymetrofan90

nymetrofan90

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I just think it's odd that we don't get the high profile loans from Leipzig like a Jean-Kevin Augustin. 

Even if they would, he would still probably reject the move.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Even if they would, he would still probably reject the move.

Agree on both points
That partially why it took Sims deal so long as he didnt want to give up EPL potential for MLS time looking forward to listening today to SEEING RED. Interview with Josh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users