For LAFC!

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

I'd like to see what this lineup could do. Etienne is less of a running-onto-the-ball winger than he is a playmaker, and hes built more for the middle of the field than Kaku.

---------White-------

Royer--DE7--Kaku

-----RZA-CCJ-------

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I'd like to see what this lineup could do. Etienne is less of a running-onto-the-ball winger than he is a playmaker, and hes built more for the middle of the field than Kaku.

---------White-------

Royer--DE7--Kaku

-----RZA-CCJ-------

I don't see the point of doing that.  Going by the stats on this site, statistically Etienne hasn't done as much as Omir and even Ivan.  If you're going to try something different with those 3 midfielders, then go with Omir at that middle spot.

Personally, I'd play Rza at that spot.  Not because he's some great passer or anything, but because he causes issues with his defense.  I wish I could see the results when he plays higher up the field, but it almost always feels like the team plays better. 

Plus Davis and CCJ are just a better combo together.  CCJ is a ball winner and should be on the field.  

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

---------White-------

Royer--DE7--Kaku

-----RZA-CCJ-------

I'm not sure where you get the central playmaker thing with DE7, and Kaku would tell you in no certain terms he prefers the middle of the field.   His vision is incredible, and putting him over to one side cuts his passing options in half.

I like Omir alot on the field combining with CCJ, but he's got to stay on his feet to be effective.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Between Royer and Kaku, Royer will pretty much stay on the left, cuz he has the cutting in or taking it to the end line as his options. Kaku seems to have a free role to be anywhere in the attacking half, provided he pressures the ball. 

Why not this? Didn't they trot this out in the 2nd half? 

Royer-Rza-Kaku

Casseres-Davis

Kaku, on the right in a starting XI graphic, will pretty much be anywhere, it's only Royer and Rza less so to be "anchored" to a certain part of the field. WIth having this 5 out there and Muyl out with a groin injury, wing depth isn't a problem. However, it means if any of the CMs go down, it means Beze is the only cover, and Koffi isn't ready for 1st team ball, yet. 

Also, historically, Kaku was a player predominantly used on the flank, mostly on the left, with more than several apps at RM/W. it's been here where he's mostly been played centrally.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

I'm not sure where you get the central playmaker thing with DE7, and Kaku would tell you in no certain terms he prefers the middle of the field.   His vision is incredible, and putting him over to one side cuts his passing options in half.

I like Omir alot on the field combining with CCJ, but he's got to stay on his feet to be effective.

Watch Ben Mine's goal last year, the shield winning goal he scored, his goal v orlando. All happened when he was central. He is more comfortable with the ball at his foot, heads up looking for passes, than running onto it in space. Could see it with Haiti at the Gold Cup I thought.

The stats I'm most curious about with DE are the team's overall chance creation when he's on the field. To my eye our xG is always higher when he's playing, even if his numbers arent there (yet?).

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Last year, and parts of this year, Etienne Jr. came on only as a late sub protecting a lead, which meant "take the ball to the corner and dont get fancy".

I was happy that we gave him the past few matches to try and make it happen with us and really prove himself, but he has struggled to earn a starting spot over a healthy Muyl (who is also hot or cold). He had a chance, and didn't make the most of it. That being said, he had been used mostly as a left wing, not on the right side, which is why I think he does look better when he moves more centrally.

I'd still like to see Murillo out wide right with less defensive duties other than to help Buckmaster out. His 1v1 is one of the best on the team and his crosses are usually well placed. However most of the balls that he shoots end up in outer space, so we lose a right wing with a scoring touch.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Rossi and Vega may destroy our back line...why can't we get players like this ?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Hopefully the D uses this as a significant challenge and STEPS IT UP.  

In the past we have had good results against top level teams and strikers - Zlatan Rooney Drogba etc.  Hope the same this week.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Because Hamlett is our technical director. Hes completely inept.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

They have VeGa and VeLa - now we are gonners.

Seriously need to be adding players AND need the D to get back to the players they were in 2018.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Because Hamlett is our technical director. Hes completely inept.

LAFC's payroll is also double ours and Vela makes nearly as much as our entire club. 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
We show up for big games on the road and usually knick a few of these a year - I have faith

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

we should have Sims meet us in LA a la Parker v TIjuana.  

start DE7 if healthy on the wing with Murillo behind him.  Any Myul updates?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users