700 replies to this topic

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB
Sneijder just left Gala, could do a lot worse than him as a 10.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYJ

I thought he was heading to LAFC? Is that move off?

Edit: Apparently a deal was "close," but nothing ever reported as final

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

One of my favourite players. Still annoyed Real sold him back in the day.

guanaco20

guanaco20

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

I thought he was heading to LAFC? Is that move off?

Edit: Apparently a deal was "close," but nothing ever reported as final

That is the second deal that never materialized for LAFC. They were also going after Andres Guardado. They certainly are shooting high but nothing is finalized yet.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts

That is the second deal that never materialized for LAFC. They were also going after Andres Guardado. They certainly are shooting high but nothing is finalized yet.

Gotta admire their ambition though. Going after quality veterans. Theyll land a few once they get closer to their first kick off.

And here we are talking about Powder and Benzecourt or whatever his name is

5 year plan

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.

I like that idea.

I'll the following seeing as in the US Open Cup wing backs style was used, why not get an actual wing back..

Camilo Zuñiga contract was rescinded at Napoli
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

I like Taxi and Murillo at FB, rather see them focus on upgrading central defense and attacking options. Kevin Prince Boateng in the 10 spot, trade Sacha for a talented young winger.

Silly name thrown around in conversation today: Super Mario. Probably not a fit for Metro, but the talent and inevitable controversy would be great for MLS. He'd kill in this league as the main man on a team, and would generate ratings/more money for players.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I like Taxi and Murillo at FB, rather see them focus on upgrading central defense and attacking options. Kevin Prince Boateng in the 10 spot, trade Sacha for a talented young winger.

Silly name thrown around in conversation today: Super Mario. Probably not a fit for Metro, but the talent and inevitable controversy would be great for MLS. He'd kill in this league as the main man on a team, and would generate ratings/more money for players.

Would like to see that. Maybe in a couple of years when BWP is done and Balotelli is tired of his Euro tour. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

He just resigned for Nice i think.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

http://www.metro.us/...ng-new-signings

"If things break the right way, the New York Red Bulls might be closing in on a key addition or two…or three…in the next week or two."

What kind of BS article is this?  No targeted names, no timeline, still guessing on the needs of the team?

C'mon Kristian you can do better than this.

re-reading this makes me think they are signing a player who is in the Gold Cup and they do not want the announcement until after that team is out.  

Lets see Costa Rica v Panama Wed so perhaps and announcement Thur for that Panamanian CB?  And then is CR loses to the US announce Joel Campbell on Monday?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

The Panama CB makes sense for sure.  

Either way I'd be willing to guarantee that the two signings we make will be a CB and an offensive midfielder (inside or outside)

If we are going to do anything of consequence this season, that offensive playmaker MUST be good.  If he's just another piece then that's not good enough.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,668 posts
excluding the usmnt and the mx nt in the gold cup the only guys i'd get excited over in the tourney are Bryan Ruiz and Campbell. Any thing less would be a disapointment.

Enough clutter please

5 year plan

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

excluding the usmnt and the mx nt in the gold cup the only guys i'd get excited over in the tourney are Bryan Ruiz and Campbell. Any thing less would be a disapointment.

Enough clutter please

I think Campbell is out for like six months.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I think Campbell is out for like six months.

He tore his right knee ligament. He is now damage goods. Its hard to come back from that type of injury.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Enough clutter please

I pass on Ruiz's age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users