238 replies to this topic

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,449 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut
I'm really excited for the next Salzburg throw-away player!

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

want a signing announced today now that USOC 1/4final is done. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Supports:Metro
We have the money. We've needed players desperately for months now. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,135 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Noah Powder. Played for RB2 last yr. He won't be a signing for this yr, but he's 18 and has plenty of potential. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,135 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

he'd be the age/academic equivalent of entering his Soph yr in college, if that was the path he chose. i'd say that we'd be pretty decent with Taxi Murillo Lade Zizzo and this kid. also frees up Zizzo for a permanent move to CB.  :ph34r:

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

A big issue on timing is MLS...

We've known about the Allen loan forever but only today it was announced.  It seems like from the point you actually agree to something with a player or team, just add the token MLS week or two weeks to the timing.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

good to know there are still 3 weeks left.  Are they waiting for Gold Cup to conclude 7/26?

MLS transfer window - July 10 to August 9,

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

http://www.metro.us/...Yjh2-qM.twitter

This article from Dyer has quotes from yesterday coming from Marsch..

“I would hope that there will be some announcements very soon.”

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

#RBNY Marsch sez after Escobar loan expect more, "there is room to make even more than 3 (signings)...got a few others on our radar" 1f914.png

Jeez.  Not sure how I feel about so many changes considering the team is playing so well right now.  There really isn't room anywhere else on the field for depth to even matter.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

Jesse Marsch on Duka: "We're evaluating him." Implied more than just training & fitness while at #RBNY. I dub this the #DillySeason

And that's for Duka.  It's definitely a trial... Although the only implication is that they aren't going into it expecting to sign the guy.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Would love to have Duka for nostalgia and I think he still has a bit left in the tank.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Would love to have Duka for nostalgia and I think he still has a bit left in the tank.

Agree... i think we should sign him. He is only 27 and i dont think he ever had a severe injury.

If we sign him, this might be insurance if grella doesnt come back from injury.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

Agree... i think we should sign him. He is only 27 and i dont think he ever had a severe injury.

If we sign him, this might be insurance if grella doesnt come back from injury.

Wouldn't mind Duka, he's in his prime and he's motivated.  Plus the cost wouldn't be bad.  

What interests me is that Marsch today indicated they definitely have interest in signing 3 guys. (Escobar and Keita being 1 and 2).  He almost said it like 3 was a definite preference and the only "maybe" had to do with the 4th guy.  And it seemed pretty independent of Duka so Duka may have been the "maybe 4" guy.

I look at the roster and I really can't figure out another position to add someone.  Definitely not as a starter, but not even as a backup at this point.  We have good players backing up every single spot on the field.  Perhaps there is some consideration to adding a late game beast in the air type of player, but I doubt it.  Doesn't seem to be something they want to add.

If we add Duka there are a few positions he may be able to play.  That left wingback role seems to fit but he has no chance at starting over Lawrence on his best day.  Perhaps the right side but Murillo is worth giving the minutes to.  Royer is never coming out of the lineup.  Maybe they want to just sign a 20-22 year old who they think will be a good player regardless of position.  That I would never mind.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Where would Duka play on this team?  He didn't seem to react well to not getting minutes Columbus...

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Wouldn't mind Duka, he's in his prime and he's motivated.  Plus the cost wouldn't be bad.  

What interests me is that Marsch today indicated they definitely have interest in signing 3 guys. (Escobar and Keita being 1 and 2).  He almost said it like 3 was a definite preference and the only "maybe" had to do with the 4th guy.  And it seemed pretty independent of Duka so Duka may have been the "maybe 4" guy.

I look at the roster and I really can't figure out another position to add someone.  Definitely not as a starter, but not even as a backup at this point.  We have good players backing up every single spot on the field.  Perhaps there is some consideration to adding a late game beast in the air type of player, but I doubt it.  Doesn't seem to be something they want to add.

If we add Duka there are a few positions he may be able to play.  That left wingback role seems to fit but he has no chance at starting over Lawrence on his best day.  Perhaps the right side but Murillo is worth giving the minutes to.  Royer is never coming out of the lineup.  Maybe they want to just sign a 20-22 year old who they think will be a good player regardless of position.  That I would never mind.

agree hard to see what more they could add.  Maybe they sign another player like Ndam or a academy kid . maybe they sign Duka and say go be a wingback with NYRB 2 .  Who knows what happens to Kemar next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users