• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts

Source: Former Nice attacker Alexy Bosetti is on trial with #RBNY. Has played for French U-19, U-20 national team.

24 years old.  Funny enough coming from the team who's coach is going to take over Borussia Dortmund.  Has some good pedigree, good age, just not what I'm personally hoping for because I think we need a big time difference maker.  Not just another piece to add to the collection.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,487 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Seems redundant to Gulbrandsen

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
His FIFA 15 card was at RW, so maybe he's ok playing wide?

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts

Seems redundant to Gulbrandsen

Agree, although I don't see Gulbrandsen being interested in staying here next year.  He wants to be considered for his national team and I remember him mentioning that they don't seem to care much for MLS because Ola Kamara killed it last season for C-Bus and wasn't even considered.

He's a striker and we don't have a huge need there, outside of next season needing a backup to BWP.  Perhaps a long term answer to take over for him as well.

That said, the biggest need by far (even more than CB) for us is a difference maker winger.  We need a high level player... Lodeiro, Piatti, Valeri level player. 

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts

His FIFA 15 card was at RW, so maybe he's ok playing wide?

Would be happy if this was the case. seen some people mention he can play CAM so maybe even a long term answer for Sacha.  Short term, the place any player could help us most is Muyl's spot.  Or Grella depending on who the starter is.  I do like Royer as a good player in this league.  So if Bosetti can play the right side then this is worth while.  Age is perfect.  I'm a big believer players have their best years at 24-26.  Then it skews depending on the player and how long they last.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Agree, although I don't see Gulbrandsen being interested in staying here next year.  He wants to be considered for his national team and I remember him mentioning that they don't seem to care much for MLS because Ola Kamara killed it last season for C-Bus and wasn't even considered.

He's a striker and we don't have a huge need there, outside of next season needing a backup to BWP.  Perhaps a long term answer to take over for him as well.

That said, the biggest need by far (even more than CB) for us is a difference maker winger.  We need a high level player... Lodeiro, Piatti, Valeri level player. 

Forget what Norway thinks of MLS, Gulfbrandsen is not going to be considered for any national squad because he's not going to play significant minutes here.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts

Forget what Norway thinks of MLS, Gulfbrandsen is not going to be considered for any national squad because he's not going to play significant minutes here.

Yep, agree.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,114 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Alexy > Alexi

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

he's a 5'6" striker...not really sure that is what we need at the moment.  Maybe a target striker to take Allen's spot on the bench?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,114 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Last season: 0 minutes in Ligue 1. Played and scored in one Europa League game.

https://www.transfer.../spieler/212937

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
This is just another reminder that the scouting thing MF came up with is so funny because it's 100% true.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts

Last season: 0 minutes in Ligue 1. Played and scored in one Europa League game.

https://www.transfer.../spieler/212937

He was playing behind Balotelli and Plewa, both of whom played great this year. I think Giovinco had something like two games and zero goals his last season with Juventus (better league and better I know, but playing time can be deceiving when looking at Euro players from the Top 5 leagues). Sometimes you stuck behind great players.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts

He was playing behind Balotelli and Plewa, both of whom played great this year. I think Giovinco had something like two games and zero goals his last season with Juventus (better league and better I know, but playing time can be deceiving when looking at Euro players from the Top 5 leagues). Sometimes you stuck behind great players.

Was going to post something similar. Don't begrudge guys at all who are just stuck behind seriously good players.

I will say one thing about him from all of the videos I've watched now.  Dude is passionate. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Was going to post something similar. Don't begrudge guys at all who are just stuck behind seriously good players.

I will say one thing about him from all of the videos I've watched now.  Dude is passionate. 

not sure what you call that hairstyle - mohawk + 2 faux hawks?  is that like a 1-2 hawk formation on his head?

last time we had a forward with a mohawk it was a good thing. 

good comments about the team he is coming from.  Looks like he is 4th on the forward chart.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,617 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

At best, maybe he has some spirit and becomes a fan favorite. It's not like this fanbase hasn't worshipped diminuitive strikers before:

Luke+Rodgers+New+York+Red+Bulls+v+FC+Dal

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users