• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

It would nice if he could be a Romain Allesandrini type player.  Younger and a bit less successfull but stuck behind some high level talent at a Ligue 1 3rd place club so decent level.

I think it is a good thing he is on trial as they can slightly assess fit prior to brining player in.  More BWP like then Veron & many other players.  Shows a hunger to the player too.

someone of this sort pacey tricky winger 2nd forward would be what people wanted Veron to be.  Would open things up for our CAM Sacha, more options and give BWP more back heels/tap ins which we know the guy can finish.

Not saying this is the only guy for that type but looks like Marsch/Hamlette are thinking along same lines as some on this board.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

Something kind of funny is that Bosetti is younger than Sean Davis.

The only thing that I'm not crazy about when making a signing like this is that we don't need just another guy to add to the collection.  Bosetti could turn out to be a damn good player and I don't think it would absolutely shock a ton of people, but we need a guy who has a better chance at becoming a damn good player.  An instant, no doubt about it starter.

We have two positions that involve these players below.  And in my opinion with this system, you want 4 guys who are capable of starting.

Royer

Grella

Muyl

Veron

Etienne - Already demoted to RB2

Zeiko

If you're going to add Bosetti, then someone in that top 4 is out even more.  Hell, Veron can barely find the field at this point.  If this move keeps Muyl from the field, we'll have to demote him too because he's way too young to not get minutes.  That's the only way he's going to improve.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

The only thing that I'm not crazy about when making a signing like this is that we don't need just another guy to add to the collection.  Bosetti could turn out to be a damn good player and I don't think it would absolutely shock a ton of people, but we need a guy who has a better chance at becoming a damn good player.  An instant, no doubt about it starter.

We have two positions that involve these players below.  And in my opinion with this system, you want 4 guys who are capable of starting.

Royer

Grella

Muyl

Veron

Zeiko

If you're going to add Bosetti, then someone in that top 4 is out even more.  Hell, Veron can barely find the field at this point.  If this move keeps Muyl from the field, we'll have to demote him too because he's way too young to not get minutes.  That's the only way he's going to improve.

Agree with that, and hopefully they only sign him if they think he can play at that level.  Grella has battled injuries recently so I think a top four wide position depth chart of someone new, Royer, Grella/Muyl should be solid with Etienne around if we have an injury crisis of sorts.  Because we only have one international spot left, safe to assume Veron will be gone if we are also to believe the international centerback rumors.  Marsch gave the young guys a shot, some of them took it (Long, Adams) and some did not, now we have to try to win and can figure out what to do with them next year.

AbercrombieAnde

AbercrombieAnde

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Hasn't played in any league matches the past season  :)+

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

super mario balotelli was tearing it up at Nice this year.  it's not like he was going to play ahead of him.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Royer

Grella

Muyl

Veron

Zeiko

Thats easy 6 players for 4 spots

1 Veron is out.  

2 -Royer is starter on the other side if he continues to play like the last 2 games.  

3 Muyl /Grella 1st sub as usually wingers get subbed 20 min a game and some starts due to injury form USOC.  

4 Ettiene is at NYRB2 to develop more for 2018.  Zeiko is developing at 2 for 2018. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

Thats easy 6 players for 4 spots

1 Veron is out.  

2 -Royer is starter on the other side if he continues to play like the last 2 games.  

3 Muyl /Grella 1st sub as usually wingers get subbed 20 min a game and some starts due to injury form USOC.  

4 Ettiene is at NYRB2 to develop more for 2018.  Zeiko is developing at 2 for 2018. 

That's fine...

I just don't think we can win an MLS Cup unless that other mid position starts coming through in creating goals and scoring goals.  If that's Bosetti then great, but that position has to start having a serious impact.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

That's fine...

I just don't think we can win an MLS Cup unless that other mid position starts coming through in creating goals and scoring goals.  If that's Bosetti then great, but that position has to start having a serious impact.

Totally agree that other wing has to be a serious next level player like Piatti / Allesandrini

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,340 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

From his wiki: "In January 2016, Bosetti joined Norwegian side Sarpsborg 08 on loan until the end of season.[9] His loan was cut short early in April after playing just 38 minutes in three months for Sarpsborg. Having been loaned out to Tours in the first half the season, he was not eligible to play for Nice during the rest of the season.[10] He remained with Nice, playing for Nice II for the remainder of the season, scoring 10 goals in 21 appearances in the Championnat de France Amateur."

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

From his wiki: "In January 2016, Bosetti joined Norwegian side Sarpsborg 08 on loan until the end of season.[9] His loan was cut short early in April after playing just 38 minutes in three months for Sarpsborg. Having been loaned out to Tours in the first half the season, he was not eligible to play for Nice during the rest of the season.[10] He remained with Nice, playing for Nice II for the remainder of the season, scoring 10 goals in 21 appearances in the Championnat de France Amateur."

So correct me if I have this wrong, but the guy could barely get off the bench in the Norwegian league? That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence if I've got that right.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,628 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

reading more about him, in that he was a fan of OGCNice since childhood, stuck low on the depth chart, i'm not worried, unless he's here for 200k or more.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

KDyer1012

KDyer1012

Well, he's no Michael Lewis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • Supports:One of those bogus Euro or S.A. teams

So correct me if I have this wrong, but the guy could barely get off the bench in the Norwegian league? That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence if I've got that right.

He didn't seem settled in Norway, in large part due to his inability to understand his coach and teammates who all spoke Norwegian.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He didn't seem settled in Norway, in large part due to his inability to understand his coach and teammates who all spoke Norwegian.

I think you just triggered Veron

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

I think you just triggered Veron

We have Collin, Perinelle, Sacha and other player who speak French. He will be fine :D

LONG LIVE METRO

odsum25

odsum25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

We have Collin, Perinelle, Sacha and other player who speak French. He will be fine :D

And they can all get together to try to figure out what Etienne is saying in Kreyòl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users