906 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Literally none of them because RBNY has expressed that the mantra going forward is young players to be developed and sold.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Lots of really good free agents in Europe this summer.   Assuming we will come back and RBNY had saved money on purpose to improve the team during the summer window

yeah, about that...

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Lots of really good free agents in Europe this summer.   Assuming we will come back and RBNY had saved money on purpose to improve the team during the summer window which two of this list would you take:

Cavani
David Silva
Pedro
Giroud
Willian
Gotze
Callejon
Kurzawa
Lallana
Thiago Silva

https://us.as.com/us...355_398837.html

Interesting.

Can you please list this players again with their position, team, leagues, age, and full age.

Sincerely,

Dennis Hamlett

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Lots of really good free agents in Europe this summer.   Assuming we will come back and RBNY had saved money on purpose to improve the team during the summer window which two of this list would you take:

Cavani
David Silva
Pedro
Giroud
Willian
Gotze
Callejon
Kurzawa
Lallana
Thiago Silva

https://us.as.com/us...355_398837.html

I would overpay to get Gotze. Solid player

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Always been a big Cavani fan.  No idea if he'd work in the system, but he'd be fun to watch.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

I would overpay to get Gotze. Solid player

Great skill and still in his mid-20's, but with all of the fitness concerns he's has over the past few years, not sure how he would hold up here

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Pedro confirming he'll be leaving Chelsea when this season end;

Always thought he would be great here but with Sims here on we might only be looking for a 9.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
He's smaller and a different type than what we need, but Pedro can play center forward.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He's smaller and a different type than what we need, but Pedro can play center forward.

He would be really good for us or any other MLS team, but he'll have better options.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I like his skill set for the 4-4-2. Our strikers are picking up the ball further from goal, I think we need guys who are mobile and can make plays with the ball.

White and Barlow both have size but bricks for feet. They struggled badly in the first two games.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I love the ideas and suggestions I'm seeing I wish the FO had this much desire and vision....

I love Gotze, Pedro and Cavani even Giroud and Willian....I think all of these players are so talented that their talent here would make them huge impact players for any MLS side and push any team over the hump...

A little less expensive and younger option i was thinking especially with the 4222

Edwin Cardona... At 27 years old and just about the same amount of minutes as almost double the goals new Timbers player Yimmi Chara has... The 4222 plays perfectly into Cardona style... I think he'd be a MLS all star with NYRB
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I love the ideas and suggestions I'm seeing I wish the FO had this much desire and vision....

I love Gotze, Pedro and Cavani even Giroud and Willian....I think all of these players are so talented that their talent here would make them huge impact players for any MLS side and push any team over the hump...

A little less expensive and younger option i was thinking especially with the 4222

Edwin Cardona... At 27 years old and just about the same amount of minutes as almost double the goals new Timbers player Yimmi Chara has... The 4222 plays perfectly into Cardona style... I think he'd be a MLS all star with NYRB

Depends on how long he's with Xolos for. 

And depends on which one we'll be getting. The one that wants to play and can be a huge difference maker, Crackdona, or the pudgy, lazy guy who takes up a big contract and doesn't produce and makes racist gestures. 

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Depends on how long he's with Xolos for. 
And depends on which one we'll be getting. The one that wants to play and can be a huge difference maker, Crackdona, or the pudgy, lazy guy who takes up a big contract and doesn't produce and makes racist gestures. 

touché

But I have had half a bottle of wine so take what I say, the following, with a grain of salt ...... Actually that's norm...

But anyway...

Pablo Estífer Armero.... https://youtu.be/dOIuLmJlRIk

Guy was one of the best left wing backs in Serie A at one point and he's got enough speed and talent left to be just as impactful as Taxi was...

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Since there's not much else to do but dream about my dream Metro lineup for when league finally starts up

Here I go I want Pablito Armero, Edwin Cardona Villa and Orlando Berrío

Armero I think is out of contract...

Cardona imo would be a better version of what Amado Guevara did with Metro...

This videos are must watch so you can understand the insane speed Berrío and Villa they have just skip towards the end of each to see their best

https://youtu.be/Z6aicAuqCvU
https://youtu.be/OXd_t3IaEuQ
And

1804084_New_York_Red_Bulls.jpg

Getting the best goal scorers Metro has left closer to goal and speed of villa and Berrío pressing or blowing past people on the counterattack to find Kaku and Royer and Cardona in the middle.. Cardona with perfectly weighted through passes to Kaku or Royer or Villa or Berrío.. This team could sit deeper like Armas likes or still press and it would work... This team on the counter would be a great thing to watch... And if a team bunkers down I think Cardona Kaku and Royer will still make their own shot and score.. And Berrío and Villa speed on the flanks will always create a chance or a corner kick opportunity

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

it would be my preference to have a lot of South Americans on the squad as well. sadly, I don't think it's happening. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users