One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Holy fucking shit.

http://www.attorneyg...Presentment.pdf

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

devil500

devil500

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
  • Supports:Metro

Holy fucking shit.

It's disgraceful..

#RedBullOUT

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Holy fucking shit.

That's the kind of behavior that you'd expect out of a Jesuit school!

Seriously though, Penn St. is done.

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts

That's the kind of behavior that you'd expect out of a Jesuit school!

Seriously though, Penn St. is done.

Done with what? The actions of a few people does not represent the University as a whole.

#RedBullOUT

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
i think that if some others knew of Sandusky's actions and are within the Athletic Department/Administration, it could rock the school due to the mass firings/resignations. Since Penn St is a public university, not a private one, that will add some complications, I think.

There could be some transfers, kids wavering on their commitments, staff defections, even though the asst coaches may not have been involved at all with the scandal, etc. Every yr, Penn St has done really well on the recruiting trail, this could adversely affect that going forward.

It would be rebuilding from the ground up, and there will be rival coaching staffs who will use this scandal to their advantage during the recruiting season.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Done with what? The actions of a few people does not represent the University as a whole.

The face of the school and the emperor of all things football-related (Paterno) gave free reign over the facilities to a known kid-toucher, then didn't report it to the police when the dude was caught raping a 10-year-old in the shower. You don't think that's going to invite some legal problems, not to mention recruiting problems?

College athletics is shady as shit, no question about it, but this Penn St. story is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard. Joe Paterno allowed the showers to be used for child rape and the AD basically co-signed it! I don't see either surviving this, and I suspect that Penn State's time as a relevant football team will come to a swift close.

I'd say it's death penalty worthy, but in the NCAA's eyes I very much doubt that fucking kids is worse than paying kids.

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
You're fucking serious? Go take a hike. The heads of those responsible will roll, but as a University we're bigger than this.

#RedBullOUT

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

You're fucking serious? Go take a hike. The heads of those responsible will roll, but as a University we're bigger than this.

No, you're not. Paterno and the administrators at your university covered up child rape. This is easily the most heinous thing I've EVER heard from an athletic department - it makes the 1980s bunch from SMU look like the most moral group ever, and it's a fuck-ton bigger than the stuff that almost sunk Miami earlier this year.

Paterno's gonna go down - his legacy is shit forever after this - and even if the athletic department as a whole is let off the hook (which they shouldn't be), Penn St.'s not going to be able to recruit anymore, anyway.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Paterno's gonna go down - his legacy is shit forever after this - and even if the athletic department as a whole is let off the hook (which they shouldn't be), Penn St.'s not going to be able to recruit anymore, anyway.

Disagree, he seems to be protected in the brief. He reported what was told to him by the graduate student and followed proper procedure. If he did anything wrong, they're not going to give up old Joe.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Disagree, he seems to be protected in the brief. He reported what was told to him by the graduate student and followed proper procedure. If he did anything wrong, they're not going to give up old Joe.

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know how protected he is legally. I just know that in the court of public opinion, he's already done.

Here's the latest, by the way. It's sickening:

http://deadspin.com/...-state-campuses

Of the child sexual assault charges against former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky, the fact that stands out most is that Joe Paterno, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz were aware of incidents as early as 2002. Curley testified to the grand jury that he "advised Sandusky that he was prohibited from bringing youth onto the Penn State campus from that point forward." Seven years later, in the summer of 2009, Sandusky was still hosting overnight camps for children as young as 9 at other Penn State schools.

Yeah, JoePa and the whole Penn St. administration aided and abetted child rape. Impossible to read that any other way.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
man, that's soooo beyond fucked up.

i'll check the rivals board tomorrow to see how many players have decommitted.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
New Penn St. mascot:

Posted Image

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
rivals.com msg boards have deleted most threads about the scandal, and have left one open. quite a few posters are just simply disgusted, others are going over the released details

there are a small number who are defending him, but for the most part, plenty of football fans who think he should be gone at the very least. i am one of them.

imagine parents who are trying to send their kids to college on a football scholarship, would you let them go to Penn State now? attend a football camp? go on an official visit?

i can't even imagine what the current players are thinking or going through, and they have to show up at practice TOMORROW and look their head coach in the face.

imagine being an alum or friend of the program and donating all that money to the school? a booster who has even a higher level of monetary interest? i envision their money will be going else where.

i imagine that prospective recruits will start looking elsewhere and some players will be looking to leave so that they won't be associated with Penn State any longer.

and lastly, the victims. after the criminal proceedings end, the civil lawsuits will commence, and the people of the state of Pennsylvania will be footing the legal bill for the court battles and lawsuit settlements, either that or the university endowment gets partially sacrificed.

either way, this is sad.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
Not a good look for State Penn.

Curious to hear thoughts from NittanyMetro on this... he might be able to provide some insight into what might happen there.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
http://content.usato...cond-thoughts/1

Bishop McDevitt (Harrisburg, Pa.) defensive end Noah Spence is considered one of the top recruits in the country. He has his choice of schools, but Penn State, rocked by sex abuse charges against former assistant Jerry Sandusky, may no longer be one of them.

Spence tweeted Monday afternoon that: "Um, psu might be a no no for me ewwww," followed by "I kind of just dnt want to be part of that"

Gonna be more of this in the future, I'd imagine.

Penn State's done for a generation, and JoePa's done forever.

I honestly think they need to give the death penalty to the football program at least. This whole story is worse than anything I've ever heard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users