http://thecup.us/201...rmer-champions/

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
New York Red Bulls II (USL) at Jersey Express (PDL)
NJIT Soccer Stadium; Newark, NJ 8 p.m.
OR
New York Greek American SC (USASA) at New York Red Bulls II (USL)
Red Bull Arena; Harrison, NJ 7:30 p.m.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

New York Red Bulls II (USL) at Jersey Express (PDL)
NJIT Soccer Stadium; Newark, NJ 8 p.m.
OR
New York Greek American SC (USASA) at New York Red Bulls II (USL)
Red Bull Arena; Harrison, NJ 7:30 p.m.

May 20th

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
Thanks. lol

RedBullFootball

RedBullFootball

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

I am surprised people still care about this.

Each year its seemingly the same thing.  RB talks about caring about this torny.  We put out some scrubby B Team and lose.  Fans bitch and complain. 

Wash Rinse then Repeat. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Each year its seemingly the same thing.  RB talks about caring about this torny.  We put out some scrubby B Team and lose.  Fans bitch and complain. 

Wash Rinse then Repeat. 

Had we gotten off to a slow start, I am guessing that the new regime would actually put a strong effort in.  But as long as we are in contention for the Shield or a top seed in the Cup, USOC will always be a lower priority, dependent on the MLS schedule.    Of course, Jesse put it out there that we will be a deep, heavily rotated team, so we'll see.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullFootball

RedBullFootball

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Had we gotten off to a slow start, I am guessing that the new regime would actually put a strong effort in.  But as long as we are in contention for the Shield or a top seed in the Cup, USOC will always be a lower priority, dependent on the MLS schedule.    Of course, Jesse put it out there that we will be a deep, heavily rotated team, so we'll see.

Sure, sure....  I'll start  paying attention if we make the semi finals.

Belshina

Belshina

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Juventus, Real Madrid

It might not be a priority for the first team but you would imagine Woly would want an impressive run with RBII

Btw wonder whats the rule when it comes to loaning MLS contracted players for the Cup games. Since in general 1st team uses alot of bench players themselves I would imagine that whoever get capped for the RBNYII squad in earlier rounds would not be eligible to play for the 1st team for the rest of the tournament? Would be interesting to see where that will leave the reserves...probably will have to dig into academy system for depth. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It might not be a priority for the first team but you would imagine Woly would want an impressive run with RBII

Btw wonder whats the rule when it comes to loaning MLS contracted players for the Cup games. Since in general 1st team uses alot of bench players themselves I would imagine that whoever get capped for the RBNYII squad in earlier rounds would not be eligible to play for the 1st team for the rest of the tournament? Would be interesting to see where that will leave the reserves...probably will have to dig into academy system for depth. 

I imagine once you play for one team, you are cup-tied to that team.

But even Woly doesn't really care, other than his considerable pride and natural competitiveness.  Professionally, he's not going to be measured on wins and losses, he's going to be measured by the ability of his guys to step into the senior team if given the opportunity, prepared to play the senior team's system.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

This should be a home match no matter what. Open Cup games are always fun to go to. If the match is in Newark for those who live in NYC. Take PATH or NJT to Newark Penn and switch to the Newark City Subway (NJ Light Rail) and purchase an underground fare. the train fare from Newark Penn is .70 and its on the 3rd stop at Warren St NJIT. The stadium is literally outside the station.

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

Wash Rinse then Repeat. 

Well this year our scrubby B Team has their own squad in the competition, so maybe we will see our Scrubby A- Team??

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Still betting on a RB v RBII final with RBII somehow pulling it out.

NYC is Red

NYC is Red

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Man United, US Soccer

Wash Rinse then Repeat. 

It's a trophy we haven't won before. Besides, it's one step towards the domestic treble. Lol.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Ill be at the May 13th Match Jersey Express v. New York Greek Americans SC. Its always fun to watch an open cup match win or go home. I love it

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

It doesn't bother me when they lose, it bothers me when they don't try. If we put a good faith effort out there and fall short, hey, that's sports. Is when we barely fucking show up, and lose to Harrisburg or something lame, that really bothers me. Mostly, it was the history of the organization not taking it seriously that really pissed me off. We'd never won anything until 2013, so the fact that they couldn't get out of their own way enough to send a representative squad always gave me fits.

I don't expect TH14 playing at Baltimore on a plastic pitch on a Tuesday. But just take it fucking seriously. Chicago Fire will put match on their web site and shit, our fucking team's own home page would barely list the game. It was just a lack of organizational understanding that made you want to ignore the entire franchise. Bad enough our integrity was suspect by being named after a beverage- at least show the fuck up for the games you're in. I get that it's a smaller competition, and that they player fee for the game barely covers gas money to get to the stadium, but, it matters to your fans. Even if it only matters to 100 fans, show THOSE GUYS that you take their efforts seriously.

Jesse Marsch said he'd take it seriously. I hold him to his word on that. If he sends out a legit squad (like halfway between RBNYII and our first choice lineup), I'm ok with it. If he sandbags and throws out scrubs- then I'd stop taking him at his word. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users