goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Albion, Red Stars

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:20 PM

Announcing our 2010 home opener tifo drive*
* to be displayed whenever the home opener actually takes place...

The board has been presented with a pretty awesome tifo plan for the home opener, but we need donations to make it happen. Our last drive was a massive success, with people giving everything from a dollar to over $1,000 each.

Give what you can and help us ensure we keep setting the standard in MLS, no ifs or buts about it.

“Business as usual will not be accepted by the people of Chicago” — Harold Washington.

More details and link to donate at http://www.cf97.com

Posted Image

www.cf97.com
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#2 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

Last time we counted the total $$$ donations as we went along...this time I'd like to count how many people give, even if it's just a few dollars. I'd hope we can find 100 people to contribute something.

Donated so far: 6
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#3 pezkoreaddict

pezkoreaddict

Pezkore Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire - Ultras Red Side

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:13 AM

http://theoffsiderul...-telethons.html

what asshole wrote that and had it tweeted on the MLS site?

#4 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

Hell, if it brings in more money for tifo I'm all for it.

Obviously some people have a hard time communicating in written English, and especially when you want English above a third grade level, so I'm not too surprised. This author appears to be one such person. I'm also not surprised MLS will tweet articles written about supporters of one team by a supporter of another.

#5 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

Obviously written by somebody who is too cool to organize tifo, schedule and pay for their own bus trips, negotiate ticket deals, host events, donate to his clubs charity, offer an impressive line of fairly priced supporter designed merchandise, and maintain a budget.

...and if you look at his team's history and reputation, it shows.

Like Ben said, keep throwing the link around haters.
www.theredcardna.org

#6 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:00 PM

Hell, if it brings in more money for tifo I'm all for it.

Obviously some people have a hard time communicating in written English, and especially when you want English above a third grade level, so I'm not too surprised. This author appears to be one such person. I'm also not surprised MLS will tweet articles written about supporters of one team by a supporter of another.

http://theoffsiderul...ls-insider.html
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#7 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:03 PM

Also...please send out the link to www.cf97.com to any friend you brought to one of the playoff games. Maybe they won't donate, but maybe they will show up to the home opener. It's all good.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#8 pezkoreaddict

pezkoreaddict

Pezkore Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire - Ultras Red Side

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:40 PM

hey I'm all for more money too and if this helps spread the word so be it. I find it funny the MLS would let some jagoff write shit like that and send it out on a blog.

#9 BBBulldog

BBBulldog

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Supports:Dinamo Zagreb; DCU

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:20 PM

if you look at his links it's obvious what hole.. erm swamp they crawled out of :P
Bad Blue Boys - Dinamo Zagreb
District Ultras - DCU

Volim te mama, al' ne vise od Dinama

#10 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

I don't like hitting you all up for money again and again, as pretty much every regular on this forum spends too much on the Fire anyway. But I would ask you all to encourage your Fire friends who don't frequent these parts much to contribute $10, or whatever they can afford. Right now we have only had donations totalling under $200.

I know the season opener is a long way off, but for the display to happen, everything has to be paid for within a couple of weeks, and we (unless there's a strike announced...) have $10k in bus deposits to lay down shortly due to the two May trips. We don't have a final cost yet -- come to the board meeting this week! -- but it'll be well, well over $200.

So again, I appreciate people here have given a lot already over the years. Please help us reach out to the rest of the fanbase however you can; most people here must know 5-10 people who have appreciated past tifo displays and would like to see more. Encourage them to give a little; it's not just the money, but the investment in the culture we're trying to support and grow of getting more people involved in actively supporting the team.

Closer to the season, this involvement will less be about money and more about time and energy, so bear that in mind too regardless of whoever has cash to spare right now -- times are obviously tough for many on that front.

http://www.cf97.com
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#11 BallsDeepFC

BallsDeepFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Supports:FIRE-BDFC 2004-9-SOCO WARRIORS 2009

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

DONE!

#12 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

DONE!

:cheers: :cheers:
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#13 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:06 PM

I know Tom has been saying the bulk of what the drive is about as well as getting it up on both the mainpage as well as cf97.com, but we also owe a thank you to the Fo for getting it up on the En Fuego blog as well as their twitter and facebook--we can only hope that it will drive the awareness of what/how/why we do tifo to those who do not frequent these boards.

So, just like Tom asked, I also ask you to send out the links and maybe even explain a little to those who might now know otherwise what all goes into these displays, and that they are done out of love for the club and the players--not for entertainment. It will help in big ways once the culture spreds and people get involved in whatever way they can--be it with their wallets or their hands or their ability to source resources/work spaces--whatever way folks can get involved, it will be appreciated.

Thank you :cheers:

#14 jl_murtaugh

jl_murtaugh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:27 PM

I know Tom has been saying the bulk of what the drive is about as well as getting it up on both the mainpage as well as cf97.com, but we also owe a thank you to the Fo for getting it up on the En Fuego blog as well as their twitter and facebook--we can only hope that it will drive the awareness of what/how/why we do tifo to those who do not frequent these boards.

It's on the main site too.

#15 lawndart

lawndart

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

Gave this morning.

Figured I haven't given anything to a church in 12 years so I'm probably still ahead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users