Not even close in my opinion.

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

If he doesn't win it for that, stop having a fucking award.

I know BWP has almost 25 goals & shit, but Luis Robles is still the MVP of this team, or very close. We won 6 of our first 23 games and had 10 ties over that span. I get that we wouldn't have had 10 ties if we aren't getting goals from BWP, but we are also losing those games and are out of the playoff race entirely without Robles making 1-2 HUGE saves a game. I thought he was an average GK with the occasional big save now and again, but he's been really good this year. He still makes a fuck up now & again, but he's stopped so many shots that should have been goals after our swiss cheese defense left guys wide open. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

I know BWP has almost 25 goals & shit, but Luis Robles is still the MVP of this team, or very close. We won 6 of our first 23 games and had 10 ties over that span. I get that we wouldn't have had 10 ties if we aren't getting goals from BWP, but we are also losing those games and are out of the playoff race entirely without Robles making 1-2 HUGE saves a game. I thought he was an average GK with the occasional big save now and again, but he's been really good this year. He still makes a fuck up now & again, but he's stopped so many shots that should have been goals after our swiss cheese defense left guys wide open. 

I'm actually NOT expecting him to fuck up once a game now, so it's great. Plus he's still making amazing saves.

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Arsenal, USMNT, & the 4-2-3-1

Robles, BWP and Thierry have all been playing near an MVP level for most of the season. Unfortunately the refs have robbed us of 7 blatant points so we aren't as high in the conference as we objectively should be. This is  a very good MLS team when playing at its peak (the starting XI+Cahill, then it goes to complete shit)

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

I could see BWP getting MVP for MLS, and Luis Robles getting MVP for the team.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

YAY!  If this is not save of the year, the award is rigged.  :)+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users