• PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:your mom
  • Supports:galaxy

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:47 AM

what if we chant:

hey sacha!
we love you this much!

and then we stretch out our arms as wide and far as we possibly can manage with big sincere smiles on all of our faces!

he'll be so cornfused he won't know what to do!

#32 CALEXICO

CALEXICO

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:Soccer. Fencing. Music. Film. Communication Theory.
  • Supports:LOS ANGELES GALAXY

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:52 AM

Was it 'socially inappropriate' for some to belt out Osama when DeRo came over to take a corners?

Yes. Would you do it if you knew he was Muslim, though?

Was it socially inappropriate for 40 people to scream 'token black guy' at RTB for years on end?

Yes. He's one of us. If he said "dude, cut that shit out" we would.

Was it wrong of us to infer that Landon used to sleep with his sister?

Sure, again because incest is so far outside of the realm of acceptable behavior, no one thought for a second that it was true.

What I'm getting from you is that you don't seem to realize your own basic premise - being gay is something you should be ashamed of.

So, he's got photos of him with guys giving him fuck me eyes, great, so what? That's only remotely interesting if you think that being gay is weird or embarrassing.

Now, it's Kljestan, so I get it. I also think that just having a Myspace photo unknowingly blown up that big and displayed for the world to see if fucking genius, regardless of any social issues. It's almost like a "we know where you live, fucker" moment. And I dig that.

I just don't accept "dude, we're the Riot Squad, its totally our MO to have ORGANIZED FUCKING CHANTS that insult someone for their sexuality". To me, its as dull as Mormon chants (for RSL) and INS chants (for Chivas).

MY Suggestion? The next Chivas game, we make 400 Sacha masks and all wear tube-tops.

#33 Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Supports:SSFC, USA, Reading, Gonzaga

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:25 AM

Are you fucking serious?

I didn't raise the question. I was fat-dumb-and-happy about it. If you check the record, I was suggesting you suggest that certain Chivas players might be gay in your singing/chanting. This whole discussion began with one of your fellow privileged SoCal residents who actually is able to attend games raising questions.

If we are all about "socially appropriate" chants, i'd say can half the fucking repertoire cause standing (yeah standing at a sporting event isn't socially appropriate in the US), while singing about tiajuana whores (VERRY FUCKING INAPPROPRIATE!!!) while most of us are drunk (downright against some sort of fucking laws) is what WE do.

I specifically qualified "socially appropriate" to mean "within a LARS context." Y'all, as I dearly hope you should, use modes of expression that I do not use in Court.

Was it 'socially inappropriate' for some to belt out Osama when DeRo came over to take a corners?

I have been 100% offended from Jump Street about this "Osama" shit. It makes no sense. It isn't funny, even from the most politically incorrect perspective. It is just stupid. And, as you may have noticed, people have quit with that idiocy.

Was it wrong of us to yell midget tossing when that lil fuck from Colorado used to come over to us?

No. He wasn't a midget. He was just short. Is there a history of enslavement, lynching, bashing, etc. against the shorter-than-average?

Was it socially inappropriate for 40 people to scream 'token black guy' at RTB for years on end?

RTB has, time and again, proven himself to be a man capable of speaking his own mind. On general principle, I would say that is about as funny as a rubber crutch.

Was it wrong of us to infer that Landon used to sleep with his sister?

You acknowledge that some things are over the line. I agree with you that many things are not. Being a wimp when one is participating in a cometitive field is not acceptible. Sleeping with one's sister is not acceptible. Being a wus that would prefer to sleep with one's sister to manning up and taking on a German central defender is also not acceptable.

Grow a sack, this is what we do! This is what we did.

My sack is more intact for having answered a question posed by someone else honestly. I was being wimpy, at first, by not responding more strongly in favor of the things I would be willing to kill or die for. Yes, freedom of speech is among them, and I have NEVER suggested anyone be censored or be forced to leave LARS. As I have already noted, I am in no position, way the fuck up here in Alaska. If having an opinion and expressing it honestly, especially in response to a hetero member of your own number, makes me a pussy, then what does it make someone too insecure to reconsider his machismo instincts? What are you afraid of?

There are lines, I'm not saying there isn't. For instance, screaming hey come sit on my lap to 12 year old girl walking down below crosses one of those lines.

Well, it's nice to know you have some standards. The most idiotic football hooli sitting in jail knows that.

But let's not touch the gay issues cause one of us doesn't feel it's 'socially appropriate'???? WOW!

I mean W O W!!!

If we don't know and he is, or isn't, who the fuck cares then if we call him a queen for attempting to look like one in a few pics he has on the net?

My point is, this shit Posted Image is FUNNY.

Only if you are a judgmental asshole. Is he a nellie boy? I am on record: YES! Whether he smokes poles or twat, he is girly, he is femme, his hair is stupid, his friends look like tarts, and he has flames shooting off of him. Satisfied?

But, guess, what, that's America, baby. I disrespect him more for growing that ridiculous 'stache in, what I fear, is a response to slobbering cretins like you, than for being his true, FABULOUS self.

Yes, I'm queer, but, for myself, I prefer Sportscenter to Mr. Whathisqueen's Best and Worst Dressed List, but that is a PERSONAL preference. Anybody who butches up because of social pressure is a pussy.

(Pardon the implied sexism of that last comment, ladies). On the other hand, it has it's feminist points, too).

Whether the kid is or isn't, he's taking plenty of pics with dudes who are making fuck me eyes to him while wearing as much or less clothing than him. If he is, and we flash his personal life for all to see and he is embarrassed by it, his problem. If he isn't and is embarrassed for having posed is that manner, again his problem.

The fact that you think he should be embarassed means you are being a dick, thereby violating the prime directive.

If he is embarassed, it is from a lifetime of personal experience of homophobia, sexism, and heterosexism. He does need to grow a sack. Make fun of his wimpitude, but don't be part of opppression with respect to his sexuality, his demeanor, etc.

If you don't care, fine. I believe in free speech. But me not liking it and me telling you so doesn't make sackless. Again, I was not even worried about it until the question was raised. I have been on here trying to suggest stuff that fit's y'all's criteria, "make fun of the punk, but without dickitude." I haven't noticed you suggesting anything.

P.S. That perfectly-placed cross right to the head of Auntie to beat Santos was worthy of that guy who plays on our team who takes money to pose in his underpants.
The roots of our Soccer Tribe lie deep in our primeval past. ~Desmond Morris

#34 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:39 AM

This whole discussion began with one of your fellow privileged SoCal residents who actually is able to attend games raising questions.

Hand is raised here.

Look, all you guys who keep justifying the homophobia heterosexist statements are just making yourselves look like dicks.
It'll never be right to call people niggers spics chinks and fags, but don't let that be the deciding factor.

It is stupid in a not intelligent way. It will never be clever to yell 'gay' or 'faggot' at anybody. In my opinion, it's anti-LARS to be thoughtless and unclever.

Do this shit smarter, bottom line.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#35 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

I think everyone has had their say, but if not feel free to post your thoughts and comments here.

WOW - Was I wrong about that!

Does anyone have any ideas for other songs that will get into Sacha's head?

#36 Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

WOW - Was I wrong about that!

Does anyone have any ideas for other songs that will get into Sacha's head?

Well, I'm trying to help, Bro, but my I guess my suggestions haven't hit the mark. My musical references are too obscure, I guess:

To the tune of, "Those Caissons Go Rolling Along,"

Sacha moans, sacha wines,
But his outfits are divine,
And he plays like he ain't got no balls.

You guys crack me up. Eyes glaze over at "Those Caissons Go Rolling Along," but somebody suggests singing "Sacha sucks elephant balls" to that flip side cut from "The Flying Turd Biscuits" c. '83, and everybody says, "Dude, that rocks!"

#37 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

MY Suggestion? The next Chivas game, we make 400 Sacha masks and all wear tube-tops.

best god damned thing you've said it weeks!

TOMMY, make it so!
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#38 CALEXICO

CALEXICO

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:Soccer. Fencing. Music. Film. Communication Theory.
  • Supports:LOS ANGELES GALAXY

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

best god damned thing you've said it weeks!

TOMMY, make it so!

: )

#39 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:18 PM

Look, all you guys who keep justifying the homophobia heterosexist statements are just making yourselves look like dicks.

Not justifying, i just want to know where and when double standards start and stop...

Let's step away from gays and take for instance FAT PEOPLE

Is it wrong for us to sing "You got the whole world in your ass to Tony Meola simply because the guy has 20 to 40 extra pounds? Or was it wrong of us to sing "Who ate all the pies?" to several other "big" players?

Fat people have feelings. Are we not violating the prime directive by pointing out their extra poundage?

I go back to midgets and Spencer I believe his name was. Am I to understand that the fact that he wasn't actually a midget made this cheer OK in some people's books. I also am guessing here that unless you have an actual history of and let me quote 'enslavement, lynching, bashing, etc.' I guess it passes the smell test.

Not OK (in no particular order) = Blacks, Jews, Irish, Gays, Protestants, Indigenous Peoples, the Poor, Communists,

OK = Fat people, Midgets,
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#40 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    --------------------

Posted 19 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

Not justifying, i just want to know where and when double standards start and stop...

Let's step away from gays and take for instance FAT PEOPLE

Is it wrong for us to sing "You got the whole world in your ass to Tony Meola simply because the guy has 20 to 40 extra pounds? Or was it wrong of us to sing "Who ate all the pies?" to several other "big" players?

Fat people have feelings. Are we not violating the prime directive by pointing out their extra poundage?

I go back to midgets and Spencer I believe his name was. Am I to understand that the fact that he wasn't actually a midget made this cheer OK in some people's books. I also am guessing here that unless you have an actual history of and let me quote 'enslavement, lynching, bashing, etc.' I guess it passes the smell test.

Not OK (in no particular order) = Blacks, Jews, Irish, Gays, Protestants, Indigenous Peoples, the Poor, Communists,

OK = Fat people, Midgets,

It's OK to make fun of Commies. They are losers.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#41 Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:23 PM

It's OK to make fun of Commies. They are losers.

Given the prevalence of Che worship, not sure that's even safe. How about space aliens, no that would be speciesist. Or perhaps terranist.

#42 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    --------------------

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:21 PM

Given the prevalence of Che worship, not sure that's even safe. How about space aliens, no that would be speciesist. Or perhaps terranist.

Commies are what they are. So are aliens and fat people and little people and the disabled and non-heterosexual people.

Making fun of them says less about them and more about you.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------

#43 Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

Buck, if you keep exposing the heart of the matter, they'll see the big board!

EDIT: Wishful thinking, perhaps, but, at least, Buck gets the joke.

#44 noe

noe

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

Blah blah fuckin' blah. All you guys keep posting about appropriate this and appropriate that but none of you seem to have a problem using derogatory terms that refer to women. So maybe El Dude does have a point, what is the line that makes you "not a dick"? Because all this pussy calling and he’s so femme aren’t any better. Using those terms imply that being female is less than and not ok; something to be embarrassed about. If we use the same rational as to why saying gay is not ok, then we have to use it on everything, including the "bitch" stuff, "pussy" stuff, "femme" stuff and the "does things like a chick" stuff. In fact I’d say all of you: the gay ones, straight ones and idiotic ones are being dicks when you say that shit, including guest lecturer Mateofelipe with his constant referring to Sacha's clothing as being "femme". Which annoys me as a female because I would never dress that lame. :) I’d love to say that as a woman I’m offended when that "hate" speech is used, but realistically I’m not. I’m the chick that calls the guys on the field cunts (should I? who can say?), but I’m sure some feminist in our group isn’t loving it. So, since we’re going to be so PC I say cut the using of demeaning female terms as well and let’s all be miserable in our silence. ::Cue jacking off smiley::

And yes Mateofelipe I get the "joke" but the the "joke" is lame - if we're going on and on about statements saying more about you than the person you are saying them about, then you are afraid of femininity with all your proclamations of being more "butch" than "femme". I've never met you, as you've not been around the last 4 or so years that I have, but when it comes to you (unlike a lot of these jokers), I'm working off the assumption that you're an intelligent and well meaning Galaxy fan. Yes, even when you're ranting about Ruud. So please don't make me question that by continuing to ignore your own politically incorrect statements while standing on the soap box preaching to others. I don't mean to single you out, but you keep harping on the gay issue, so you're the easy target. I apologize if you felt "ganged up on" in this post.

In the need to be honest I've always found the Sacha chant lame. Not just because of the "gay debate" but because of the lack of creativity. You all can do better (I'm saying you, because I'm not a creative chant maker).

#45 Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

And yes Mateofelipe I get the "joke" but the the "joke" is lame - if we're going on and on about statements saying more about you than the person you are saying them about, then you are afraid of femininity with all your proclamations of being more "butch" than "femme".

Except that I have expressed that as a personal preference not as a perjorative against anyone. The crux of my more recent comments is that it is allegedly a free country, and that if Sacha or anybody else wants to be FABULOUS, that is their business. Do you think I post on these boards because I am endlessly fascinated by which EMO band is the coolest, or which brand of low-rider jeans I should be wearing? I am not a hypocrite because I like sports and prefer beer to drinks with umbrellas in them. BTW, the "inside joke" refers to a movie made in the year of my birth. It was a brillian movie, and the General does well to memorialize it. The 'big board' reference was a reference to that, but, of course, I was also meaning "they will get the whole picture."

I've never met you, as you've not been around the last 4 or so years that I have, but when it comes to you (unlike a lot of these jokers), I'm working off the assumption that you're an intelligent and well meaning Galaxy fan. Yes, even when you're ranting about Ruud. So please don't make me question that by continuing to ignore your own politically incorrect statements while standing on the soap box preaching to others. I don't mean to single you out, but you keep harping on the gay issue, so you're the easy target. I apologize if you felt "ganged up on" in this post.

I do not feel ganged-up on (gang-banged? sorry, couldn't resist). You give me too much credit. This is, primarily, a discussion amongst folks actually able to be a present, living, breathing expression of LARS. I happen to be a queer, a lawyer, a human rights activist, a Galaxy supporter, and a football fan. My two cents are only significent to the extent that people "on the ground" perceive them to be worth responding to. And I thank you for the compliment of responding to me, even if you disagree, at least in part. You say I am "politically incorrect." Well, first off, the general consensus can kiss my ass. But, I think you are saying that I am betraying my own causes. How? I am, to use the vernacular, more "butch" than "femme" in my personal preferences. That is an honest characterization of me, not a criticism of anyone else. If I were otherwise, I would not be here. [Having said that, if there are legion of typically "feminine" guys out there capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation about footy, I would be happy to meet them. However, I suspect that the reason Sasha was surprised to see his personal life blown up in front of him is because the twain rarely meet. In my experience, guys who wear tank shirts and know more about Brittany Spears than Man United have never heard of Sacha in his professional context). There are exceptions. Eg., I prefer jazz standards to AC/DC. On the other hand, unlike Landon, I prefer AC/DC to REO Speedwagon. So what is your point? I am defending Sacha's right to be swishy, and I am not criticizing his swishiness. However, being a crybaby and wimp, whatever the politically correct terms for those things may be, is fair game for criticism and LARS mind-fuck chants.

In the need to be honest I've always found the Sacha chant lame. Not just because of the "gay debate" but because of the lack of creativity. You all can do better (I'm saying you, because I'm not a creative chant maker).

I am doing what I can to make "non-gay-perjorative" suggestions. I have repented of earlier suggestions in earlier contexts that might not meet that standard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users