116 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Noticed Mike's squad scored with a man advantage too.  That's a very novel concept.

#RedBullOut

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Petke's side takes on the expansion Atlanta United team in what promises to be a barn-burner. Catch all the action Saturday at 9:30 PM, after we inevitably beat the cows in what promises to be a boring matchup.

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,105 posts
  • Supports:Soccer in New York

I will.

Two of our starting players said that Robin Fraser should take over as coach, simply based on experience.

One of them requested a trade (which didn't happen), the other no longer plays professionally.

This is how it is with any coach that ends up leaving. Certain players like him professionally, others don't.

Let's be clear, at least one person turned down Ali's job because they didn't want to fire Petke.

This is really good.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts

I will.

Two of our starting players said that Robin Fraser should take over as coach, simply based on experience.

One of them requested a trade (which didn't happen), the other no longer plays professionally.

This is how it is with any coach that ends up leaving. Certain players like him professionally, others don't.

Let's be clear, at least one person turned down Ali's job because they didn't want to fire Petke. WOW

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,629 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'm gonna wait for Mave Dartinez's opinion, instead. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Drove by Mike's house today.
No For Sale sign. Hope he's staying put in NJ.
Who knows what the future will bring?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Petke's side lost. Did not watch the game, but ATL is a promising team. Wonder how it played out?

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  • Supports:Metro
The reaction from the RSL faithful seems positive still. He has been direct with what the issues are and clear what the path forward is.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

The reaction from the RSL faithful seems positive still. He has been direct with what the issues are and clear what the path forward is.

Everyone loves a new coach... Familiarity breeds contempt so let's see how it is after another few months. Losing 3-1 at home is never a great thing. Especially with Martinez being out.

They lost because Atlanta destroyed them with their press.  And from what it looks like, they tried to pass through their press which surprises me.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

ATL was pretty dominant, but you can't really judge this RSL side until they get their defense healthy.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

ATL was pretty dominant, but you can't really judge this RSL side until they get their defense healthy.

Which I think adds to the confusing part of Petke wanting them to pass it out of the back through their press.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Which I think adds to the confusing part of Petke wanting them to pass it out of the back through their press.  

agreed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users