182 replies to this topic

defendyourself

defendyourself

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

great interview with Tyler on Seeing Red! this week.   very mature sounding.

He speaks highly of working with Armas especially on short passing (referencing as Armas one of the better CDM in the league and for USMNT).

Also, speaking highly of working with Tab Ramos.

ditto very good interview.  Has a great head on his shoulders.  

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Sounded like a grown man. Crazy.

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,207 posts
  • Supports:New York

Solid home stand for Adams. 3 games, team gave up 1 goal, scored 6. Some nervous moments in there, but the midfield & defense are doing their jobs. 

Adams keeps growing, and I'm really happy with his progress. Looking forward to him with the USYNT, and we'll see what Sean Davis brings in his absence. I can see Davis getting the start midweek, but we'll see how Jesse wants to set up the midfield- it could be Felipe or Sacha that rests. Anyway, good last couple of games from Adams. 

Please Sell My Team to Someone Who Cares. 

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Adams already makes the team better than Dax in my opinion... Didn't even expect it to happen that fast.  The fact that he counts so much less against the cap is just a huge bonus for the team.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Had a tremendous pass splitting defenders for Royer in the first half today. Enjoy him while he's here because it won't be for too long.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,973 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
He's staying with the team until May 14th.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts

He's staying with the team until May 14th.

um I think he meant after this season.  Keep in mind his contract expries end of this year IIRC.  Even if they re-sign him it would not surprise me to see a loan to Europe (perhaps Leipzig) for the first 6 months of 2018. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Really comes down to what Tyler wants... You can offer him a fortune but if he wants to challenge himself in Europe then he's going to do it.  Hopefully we get to keep him for a couple more years.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Really comes down to what Tyler wants... You can offer him a fortune but if he wants to challenge himself in Europe then he's going to do it.  Hopefully we get to keep him for a couple more years.

Which is what happened with Matt. We offered him alot, and he didn't want to stay. Didn't Ali mention that there was a agreement with Matt for him to come back on a year loan but he turned it down cause he just wanted to be in Europe?

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Rochester Rhinos, USMNT
That chance he had in front it goal last night against Chicago tho.. a miss for the ages. Hopefully he improves his finishing ability.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

That chance he had in front it goal last night against Chicago tho.. a miss for the ages. Hopefully he improves his finishing ability.

Schweinsteiger skied a similar shot not 2 minutes later. It happens. You would like him to finish those, of course.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,973 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

um I think he meant after this season.  Keep in mind his contract expries end of this year IIRC.  Even if they re-sign him it would not surprise me to see a loan to Europe (perhaps Leipzig) for the first 6 months of 2018. 

Yeah I know. I was just posting random context-less information to the thread.

We need to make sure he is signed to a long-term deal before the U-20 WC. Big offers will come in then.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Which is what happened with Matt. We offered him alot, and he didn't want to stay. Didn't Ali mention that there was a agreement with Matt for him to come back on a year loan but he turned it down cause he just wanted to be in Europe?

Exactly.. If it was all about money then every big time player would be in China right now.  These guys want what they want.  Maybe it's not impossible that Adams decides he just wants to stay here and become the best player in this league.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,492 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Was not convinced on the kid his first few games, but I am now.    Really creative passing - these short, over the top volley/chip passes he's making in crowded spots are almost a trademark already, like Roy Miller's heel passes -  and the dude is light on his feet... even at the end of the game, he was up on his toes the whole time.     I'd love to see him and Davis together more, give Felipe and his nonsense a rest once in a while.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Was not convinced on the kid his first few games, but I am now.    Really creative passing - these short, over the top volley/chip passes he's making in crowded spots are almost a trademark already, like Roy Miller's heel passes -  and the dude is light on his feet... even at the end of the game, he was up on his toes the whole time.     I'd love to see him and Davis together more, give Felipe and his nonsense a rest once in a while.

I like Davis, but Felipe (and that nonsense) is useful.  If it's something that gets opposing players thinking about anything other than the game at hand, that crap he does is useful.  Same damn thing in hockey, it's the reason those agitators are so useful.

Also Felipe's passing is so far ahead of Davis most of time.  The only time I would consider Davis is when we play a team very big in the midfield where we are getting bossed around physically. Sean is as strong on the ball as it gets. 

As for Adams, I dont love his passing yet, but what puts him so far ahead of everyone else is the speed and ground he covers.  He covers an amazing distance and he does it so damn quickly.  I would say he's one of the fastest players on the team without a doubt.  Perhaps Veron (who is fast but plays slow) Gulbransen, and Taxi have him beat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users